| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | SOCIALIZED
APRIL 9, 2010 [Marketing] Framework for Corporate Social Media Ethics and Compliance
Where does a company draw the line between risk and reward when trying to get the most out of its social media marketing or PR? ve had dozens of great conversations about this in the past few weeks, and I have been thinking about a framework for ethical and compliant social media marketing. Longer term measures may be market capitalization and brand valuation. Illegal Behavior.
| | SOCIALIZED
NOVEMBER 26, 2009 [Marketing] Five Social Media Predictions for 2010
few AR applications have been rolled out by progressive marketers and other organizations this year, but 2010 will be the year AR explodes. Some of the most interesting applications will be outside of marketing and promotion. Geekspeak marketing and lack of public awareness will hold AR back. Before we can say the enterprise social software market is mature, enterprise brands must become as generic and pervasive as PowerPoint. marketing, there will be problems in areas of disclosure, privacy and fair competitive practice. space. PowerPoint is ubiquitous.
| || || |
| | SOCIALIZED
OCTOBER 26, 2009 [Marketing] My Brief List of 54 Twitter Rules (Did I Miss Any?)
Block people who tweet your Twitter name in connection with marketing and follower scams. I have a lot of rules I’ve imposed on myself, in everything I do. won’t use a postage meter, for example, because I think an envelope with a stamp is less likely to be thrown out. also have a lot of rules for how I use Twitter, so I thought I would share them. was very deliberate when I wrote “rules for how I use Twitter.” These are the rules I’ve established for myself. wouldn’t presume to tell you how to use Twitter. Be relevant 90% of the time. Be original 90% of the time. Don’t tweet about pets.
| | SOCIALIZED
JANUARY 22, 2010 [Marketing] Debunking Five Social Media Myths
Every marketing manager is eager to create a video that will be viewed 1 million times on YouTube, making the company’s name a household word. Social media, particularly its use in business communications, is still in its early days, and like anything new and different, there’s plenty of mythology surrounding it. The problem posed by certain of these myths is that they mislead those trying to adopt social media, and can lead to bad decisions, poorly implemented initiatives and unrealized expectations. Mail Is Dead. But its reign is over.”. Oh Really? The CEO Needs to Blog. Wrong. Thanks!
| | SOCIALIZED
MAY 21, 2010 [Marketing] Baskin Robbins Sells 31-Cent Scoops With Smart Social Media
The landing page for 31-Cent Scoop Night breaks an old school Web marketing rule: Keep people on your site. Andrew : Word of mouth marketing is one of the top trending ways that people get news. Over the next few months we will be testing out Mayoral specials on Foursquare in a select few markets. Last month I took my daughter to 31-Cent Scoop Night at Baskin Robbins.
| | SOCIALIZED
MARCH 26, 2010 [Marketing] Facebook About to Drop a Bomb on Foursquare?
And Yelp is an interesting player in this market, boasting a huge user base (huge by Foursquare standards) that it brought into the location-based world with an iPhone app earlier this year. The Changes announced today to Facebook’s privacy agreement suggest the company is about to flip the switch and add location-based capabilities to the social network. Some think this might mean the end for standalone location-based services like Foursquare and Brightkite. don’t think so. Experts ” have recently placed Foursquare valuations in the $50M to $70M range. More on 4sq in a moment.).
| || || || |
SOCIALIZED [Marketing] Tips for Using Facebook Fan Pages
| SATURDAY, OCTOBER 24, 2009
based interactive marketer
Rosetta, found that 59% of the 100 leading retailers, including Best Buy, Kohl’s and Wal-Mart, are using Facebook. Facebook Fan Page can be a useful part of the social media marketing
mix, but expectations should be realistic. Several clients have told me recently they don’t think their Facebook pages have as many fans as their brand seems to warrant. They’ve asked me what they were doing “wrong” and how to improve their pages. think one of the issues here is the inflation of language so pervasive in social networking. Watch out for overposting. MORE >>
SOCIALIZED [Marketing] At 10,000 Followers, Rethinking the Follower Thing
| WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 17, 2010
Somewhere along the line, that all changed, and now about 25 percent of my new followers are multi-level marketers
(MLMers), spammers, people actively trying to sell me goods and services, pornographers, and “make $3000 a minute while you sleep hucksters. So people who sell/market
to pet owners target me, and they couldn’t be further off their demographic. When I first joined Twitter, I could not imagine what it would be like to have 10,000 followers, or as I prefer to describe it, to have 10,000 people subscribe to my updates. Jesus had followers. But I am not. MORE >>
SOCIALIZED [Marketing] Under the Social Media Influence
| FRIDAY, MARCH 19, 2010
The ability to measure a path from any marketing
or advertising effort to a successful endpoint is extremely difficult, and has plagued professional online marketers
for over a decade. They are useful, but they are removed from your business goals, which might be things like grow revenue, add new subscribers, sell into new markets
. The Million Follower Fallacy: Audience Size Doesn’t Prove Influence on Twitter, on Read Write Web , cites a recent survey that found “Twitter follower count is somewhat of a meaningless metric when it comes to determining influence. MORE >>
SOCIALIZED [Marketing] Is Blogging Killing Good Writing?
| SUNDAY, DECEMBER 6, 2009
If, on the other hand, you are in marketing
, public relations, or even accounting or real estate, your writing is meant to convey something. I read a blog post today that recommended people forget what they learned in school about writing, and instead, write like they speak, and from the heart. It went on to suggest throwing out the rules of language, not worrying about grammar and spelling, and more. used to work at an artificial intelligence company that made foreign language translation software. loved to argue with them as to whether language was prescriptive or descriptive. MORE >>
SOCIALIZED [Marketing] How Transparent is Too Transparent?
| THURSDAY, JANUARY 21, 2010
The Pizza Turnaround video, which was produced by Domino’s, features Domino’s employees, including its head chefs, and some of the company’s marketing
executives, admitting outright that the pizza sucks. Domino’s Pizza’s new Pizza Turnaround campaign set off a wave of discussions in the social media world. Some of the quotes in the video include “Domino’s pizza crust is to me like cardboard, a sentiment expressed in a focus group but echoed by Domino’s executives. There’s a reason for that, of course. So how bad can the pizza be? MORE >>
- [Marketing] Network World: SocialCorp “Must-Read” Social Media Book SOCIALIZED | MONDAY, DECEMBER 28, 2009
- [Marketing] Third Grade Show and Tell: Online Privacy SOCIALIZED | FRIDAY, MARCH 12, 2010
- [Marketing] The Unfriendliness of Kid-Friendly Social Networks SOCIALIZED | WEDNESDAY, MAY 19, 2010
- [Marketing] FTC to Penalize Questionable Blogging Practices SOCIALIZED | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 6, 2009
- [Marketing] Live Tweeting Requires Ethical and Legal Considerations SOCIALIZED | FRIDAY, JULY 3, 2009
- [Marketing] Five Things Jesus Looks for in a Blog Post SOCIALIZED | TUESDAY, JUNE 22, 2010
- [Marketing] Strategy? We Don’t Need No Social Media Strategy SOCIALIZED | THURSDAY, JUNE 16, 2011
- [Marketing] Social Media and The Myth of Internet Math SOCIALIZED | FRIDAY, AUGUST 14, 2009
- [Marketing] Please Comment on WOMMA’s Ethics Code SOCIALIZED | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 30, 2009
- [Marketing] Will Facebook Be the Next AOL? SOCIALIZED | TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 22, 2009
- [Marketing] Panel: Brand Management in the Social Media Jungle SOCIALIZED | THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 3, 2009
- [Marketing] PR Grads Need Business Skills & Etiquette to Succeed SOCIALIZED | TUESDAY, JANUARY 25, 2011
- [Marketing] Who Are Your Twitter Fab Five? SOCIALIZED | THURSDAY, JULY 23, 2009
- [Marketing] Using Facebook Fan Pages Effectively SOCIALIZED | THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 24, 2009
- [Marketing] On Santa Cruz Radio Jan. 23 10 to Noon SOCIALIZED | WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 20, 2010
- [Marketing] Facebook: Too Big to Fail SOCIALIZED | THURSDAY, MAY 13, 2010
- [Marketing] BP Destroyed the Gulf, So Forget Your Brand. Huh? SOCIALIZED | FRIDAY, JUNE 4, 2010
- [Marketing] Discussing brand and new media with Portugal’s experts SOCIALIZED | SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 27, 2011
- [Marketing] Social Media and Your Ever-Expanding Brand SOCIALIZED | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2009
- [Marketing] Microworkers Paid Less Than a Penny for Writing SOCIALIZED | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2009
- [Marketing] A New Spin on Word of Mouth Marketing SOCIALIZED | THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 17, 2009
- [Marketing] AOL stock outperforms Facebook SOCIALIZED | MONDAY, MAY 21, 2012
- [Marketing] “Nearest Tube” Early iPhone Augmented Reality App SOCIALIZED | FRIDAY, JULY 3, 2009
- [Marketing] Where Orange County: Stealth Buzz Marketing? SOCIALIZED | FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 7, 2012
- [Marketing] Fake “RE” in campaign e-mails deceives voters, creates poor impression SOCIALIZED | TUESDAY, APRIL 17, 2012
- [Marketing] Fred Willard and the Pee Wee Herman Effect SOCIALIZED | THURSDAY, JULY 19, 2012
- [Marketing] Webinar: Practical Social Networking SOCIALIZED | MONDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2009
- [Marketing] HP’s Printing 2.0 Is Advantage Over Google SOCIALIZED | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 23, 2009
- [Marketing] Advertisers: Super Bowl’s real competitors SOCIALIZED | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 2, 2012
Social Media Informer can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.