| || |
| | CREATIVE RAMBLINGS
DECEMBER 5, 2013 Stop sending generic invitation requests on LinkedIn!
'Friday. stranger rings your doorbell. You open the door. “Hey! My name is such and such,” they say. “Here is my business card. Feel free to contact me if you need help.” ” And before you know it, they are gone. Stunned by what you have just witnessed, the first words you manage to utter are “How rude!” ” Of course, the business card ends up in the trash can. That is exactly what generic LinkedIn connection requests feel like. They are cold and leave recipients frustrated, wondering if they are just numbers in your list of to-do tasks.
| | CONVERSTATIONS
DECEMBER 6, 2013 Pressgram – Best Photo App for Small Business
'One challenge for a small business owner today is getting spread too thin. All the tools and platforms for social media add to the mix heavily. That’s why we’re always on the lookout for things to make the load lighter. Pressgram , a photo publishing app, makes the load a lot lighter for small businesses. Here’s what I see a lot of business owners do with their photo publishing.
| | DANNY BROWN
NOVEMBER 30, 2013 Does Influence Marketing Have a Future?
'Earlier this year, Forbes published an article entitled Who Are the Top 50 Social Media Power Influencers , 2013? by Haydn Shaughnessy. It followed similar posts by Shaughnessy on The Top 20 Women Social Media Influencers , also on Forbes, and a similar Top 50 list 12 months earlier. Popularity is Not Influence. This is where the majority of the criticism of the Forbes article comes into play.
| | WAXING UNLYRICAL
DECEMBER 4, 2013 Boosting your Seasonal Marketing with Pinterest
'Guest Post by Alicia Lawrence. By now your seasonal marketing campaign should be well under way. And even though you’ve placed your media buy and have your media relations program in gear, are you still looking for that extra edge to your marketing efforts? Image: Kris Olin via Flickr, CC 2.0. Below you’ll find three ways to boost your seasonal marketing with Pinterest.
| || || || |
MOBILEGROOVE NEW: Mobile App Loyalty & CRM Report
| TUESDAY, DECEMBER 3, 2013
'Just in time for the holidays: a summary of my new Gigaom Research report, Managing The Complete Customer Experience: Encouraging Engagement With Mobile And Apps, and a special offer to collaborate with Gigaom Research, which I am extending to the MobileGroove community in Europe. With a fast-growing and appealing customer base now utilizing mobile devices — and specifically mobile apps — in every step of their daily routine, companies are in a race to harness the power of mobile apps to increase efficiency, control costs, improve customer service and encourage lasting loyalty and engagement. MORE >>
THE RELATIONSHIP ECONOMY Ideas That Sell
| TUESDAY, DECEMBER 3, 2013
'A lot of people have good ideas but only a few have ideas that sell. My entire professional life has involved selling ideas. Whether selling consulting services or pitching investors on new ideas needing funding the sales process has been a conversational discovery that never stops teaching lessons about life. Selling an idea is hard work because well an idea is an intangible yet to become tangible so the challenge is to enable people to envision the idea, feel its outcomes, implications and the value the idea would create for others to use or consume. Dumb Things Down to Get Smart. Get it? MORE >>
DANNY BROWN Why We Need to Take a Stand for Our Privacy
| MONDAY, DECEMBER 2, 2013
'Over the weekend, I posted this status update on my Facebook profile. Every day it seems I read a new privacy concern regarding Facebook. From the Messenger App recording audio and video without your knowledge , to Facebook always resetting your Privacy settings to the default Public setting whenever an update goes through, to people appearing in Sponsored Ads without permission – it’s becoming equally tiring and concerning. ” I’m thinking my shelf life with Facebook is coming close to its end. We’re Better Than This. Until the weekend. Pot, kettle, black, right? MORE >>
WAXING UNLYRICAL Monday Roundup: Small Business Tips
| MONDAY, DECEMBER 2, 2013
'Can you believe it?! We’re baaack! Did you miss us? know, you probably have a ton of questions, and I’ll do my best to answer them as soon as I can, but today, let’s celebrate with a Monday roundup. Now, once you got out of your Turkey Day coma (if you were in the U.S., that is, if you weren’t… carry on!), did you have a chance to participate in Small Business Saturday over the weekend? After After all, small businesses (like mine !) are an extremely important part of for the economy. Time to Shine: 8 Ways to Ensure Your Company Stands Apart. MORE >>
FIREBELLY Apartment Marketing Predictions 2014: The New Breed Speaks
| THURSDAY, DECEMBER 5, 2013
'2014 is upon us. Here’s some of the top players in apartment marketing sounding off on what’s important. Mark Juleen, VP Marketing, J.C. Hart . The website Apartment Ratings will continue to gain ground on the traditional ILS. If they can come up with a solid mobile plan they could overtake all of them, in my opinion. This will be the year for Google+. I’ve been bullish since day one, but for marketers we may see a shift away from Facebook, or other platforms, and more effort over on G+. Sarah Greenough, VP, Princeton Properties . This trend will continue in 2014. MORE >>
- Learning More From Failure Than Success THE RELATIONSHIP ECONOMY | THURSDAY, DECEMBER 5, 2013
- Mobile: Tracking From Promotion Through Purchase MOBILEGROOVE | THURSDAY, DECEMBER 5, 2013
- 7 Steps to Successful Content Marketing [Infographic] PAMORAMA | SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 30, 2013
- Don’t Focus on the Upcoming Year’s Predictions JUSTIN LEVY | SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 30, 2013
- Holiday For Charity 2013 MY CREATIVE TEAM THINKING | MONDAY, DECEMBER 2, 2013
- Is Your 404 Error Page a Dead End? CONVERSTATIONS | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 4, 2013
- OK – Social Media Training Is In Order JUGNOO | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 3, 2013
- Honor My Dad on #GivingTuesday ARI HERZOG | MONDAY, DECEMBER 2, 2013
- Link Building, Guest Blogging Go Hand In Hand SMALL BUSINESS MAVERICKS | FRIDAY, DECEMBER 6, 2013
- Holiday Shipping Made Easier THE SOCIAL MEDIA INCUBATOR | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 4, 2013
- The Blogs You Read ARI HERZOG | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 4, 2013
- Understanding Daily Routines to Increase Productivity JUSTIN LEVY | SUNDAY, DECEMBER 1, 2013
- What’s An Algorithm Update? THE SOCIAL MEDIA INCUBATOR | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 3, 2013
- Narrowing Search Comparisons In Google Trends SMALL BUSINESS MAVERICKS | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 4, 2013
- What You Should ACTUALLY Look for in a Cofounder WHAT SPINKS THINKS | MONDAY, DECEMBER 2, 2013
- Cyber Monday Publicity Stunt: Amazon Octcopter Package Delivery BILL HARTZER | MONDAY, DECEMBER 2, 2013
- Millennials Still Want Their Newspapers [Infographic] COLLECTIVE THOUGHTS | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 4, 2013
- 13 Ingredients in the Perfect Social Media Contest CONVINCE & CONVERT | SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 30, 2013
- Telling Your Company Story to Employees, Not Customers JACOB MORGAN | MONDAY, DECEMBER 2, 2013
- The 5 Must-Have Qualities of the Modern Employee, Manager, and Company JACOB MORGAN | FRIDAY, DECEMBER 6, 2013
- Liveblogging the FTC Workshop on Native Advertising GEOFF LIVINGSTON | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 4, 2013
- How To Run The Best Day Possible TWIST IMAGE | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 4, 2013
- Clarks Hotel Image Brogues in Cotton Leather DIGITAL DIVA | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 4, 2013
- Still Time to Catch Up in Social GEOFF LIVINGSTON | MONDAY, DECEMBER 2, 2013
- 5 Ways to Develop a Unique Selling Proposition CONVINCE & CONVERT | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 3, 2013
- Twitter Blunders by Big Companies: Learn from Others’ Mistakes SOCIALNOMICS | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 3, 2013
- How NOT to Influence the Influencers ENGAGING BRAND | FRIDAY, DECEMBER 6, 2013
- How Social Media and Streaming Have Influenced the Music Industry SOCIALNOMICS | MONDAY, DECEMBER 2, 2013
- Do You Dream Still? GEOFF LIVINGSTON | FRIDAY, DECEMBER 6, 2013
- Is it Better to Say Less or More? WHAT SPINKS THINKS | THURSDAY, DECEMBER 5, 2013
- LinkedIn SEO: Increase the visibility of your business profile SOSHABLE | THURSDAY, DECEMBER 5, 2013
- 6 Questions to Help Emotionally Connect with Customers ENGAGING BRAND | MONDAY, DECEMBER 2, 2013
- Profile Members Doing Interesting Things FEVER BEE | SUNDAY, DECEMBER 1, 2013
- Treat Search, Social, and Content Marketing Strategy as a Living Organism SOSHABLE | SUNDAY, DECEMBER 1, 2013
- Tip To Move From Mediocrity to Success ENGAGING BRAND | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 4, 2013
- 10 Great Wines for 10 Dollars or Less [Infographic] COLLECTIVE THOUGHTS | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 3, 2013
- 10 Compelling Calls to Action to Brighten Your Blog WRITTENT BLOG | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 4, 2013
- Tip for a Fabulous 2014.Trust me, It Works! ENGAGING BRAND | FRIDAY, DECEMBER 6, 2013
- Loops, loop positions, and isFirst variables in Blogger BLOGGER XPERTISE | THURSDAY, DECEMBER 5, 2013
- Let 2014 Be The Year When WE Reclaim the Social Web ENGAGING BRAND | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 3, 2013
- How to Create LinkedIn Ads that Generate Results T2 SOCIAL | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 3, 2013
Social Media Informer can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.