| || |
| | ARI HERZOG
APRIL 18, 2012 Why 84% of Your Facebook Fans are Lurkers
How many times has your social media consultant, the local chamber of commerce, a conference presentation, and your favorite blog encouraged you to create a Facebook fan page? “It’s the largest social networking site, and you’d be crazy to ignore it!” ” someone cries out to you. “You can reach 800 million people with a single update!” ” urges another.
| | UNSPOKEN
APRIL 16, 2012 The Most Remarkable People on Social Media Today
I’m back from my keynote speech for the American Marketing Association – West Michigan where I talked about Influence. In my speech I reinforced my blog assertions that popularity is not influence and influence is not popularity. But then I added a new twist when it comes to measurement: As marketers, we need to start focusing on measuring intent instead of just measuring online influence. believe it’s not just how popular somebody is online or how much influence they have, but whether they are intending to use that influence to effect change. believe it goes back to intent.
| | SPIN SUCKS
APRIL 9, 2012 Three Little-Known Ways to Use Pinterest to Promote Your Business
Today’s guest post is written by Jessica Lawlor. You know a site has made it big when even the President of the United States is on board. Seemingly everyone is using the wildly popular social network, Pinterest , and blog post after blog post touts the benefits of the latest social media darling. At Visit Bucks County , the official tourism promotion agency for Bucks County, Pa.,
| | JEFF KORHAN
APRIL 17, 2012 7 Secrets to Getting More from LinkedIn
Whether you are looking for a job, more customers, or business alliances, LinkedIn can prove to be an invaluable resource – provided you take advantage of its full capabilities. While many simply use LinkedIn as their digital business card, it offers capabilities that can transform that business card into a multi-media website for accomplishing business objectives. Until next time, Jeff.
| || || || |
MOBILEGROOVE #DearKen: How Can I Best Use Social Media When I Present At Conferences?
| THURSDAY, APRIL 5, 2012
[Spoiler alert: The answer is co-publishing!]. You’ve been invited to share your expertise and passion with a live audience. Congratulations! Every time you present — whether it’s to a dozen people, or a thousand — social media gives you the opportunity to better engage your in-person audience and effectively reach people around the world [beyond just your “live” audience] who are interested in your topic. Thank you for your question. Think about how the 1967 movie “The Graduate” , starring Dustin Hoffman and Anne Bancroft, would change if it were to be remade today. Just one word. Crowdsource. MORE >>
FIREBELLY The ROI of Pinterest: 5 Must-Reads
| MONDAY, APRIL 30, 2012
Here are 5 must-reads on the ROI of Pinterest that we don’t want you to miss. What’s the ROI of Pinterest? By Geoff Livingston Well known social media experts like to slough off tough questions about return on investment (ROI) with flip phrases like, “What’s the ROI of your mom?” Now it’s time to turn the tables and ask social media experts, “What’s the ROI of Pinterest?”. Why Big Consumer Brands Have Yet to Tap Pinterest’s Potential. Pinterest: Why It’s Worth The Investment, And How To Get Your ROI. Assigning Pinterest Value. Olin Graczyk Pinterest no longer needs an explanation. MORE >>
CREATIVE RAMBLINGS Social Media – A History: Infographic
| THURSDAY, APRIL 12, 2012
SOCIALFISH Are Digital Badges and DIY Learning the Future of Education?
| MONDAY, APRIL 23, 2012
As someone who has a kid headed to college in three years, the concept of the staggering cost of a college education combined with the reality that a college degree (or even graduate degree) is no longer the guarantee of employment it used to be is one that weighs heavily on me. Somehow when my parents were paying for me to get a degree in English, the cost of college and the return on that investment as it related to future employment were things I actually thought very little about (sorry mom and dad). Shocker. As if. Would it change the current model for association education? MORE >>
SPIN SUCKS Is Blogging Dead or Are Companies Not Trying Hard Enough?
| WEDNESDAY, APRIL 25, 2012
When I speak to CEO organizations , I typically run through a series of quick slides that show where technology is right at this moment. For instance: There were 107 trillion emails sent last year, Facebook is at more than 900 million users , Pinterest is closing in on 15 million users , and there are three billion videos streamed on YouTube every day. do this to show how many people are using the web, to preempt the “My customer doesn’t use the Internet” conversation (yes, I still hear that). But the stat I want to talk about today is the number of blogs on the Internet. MORE >>
- New Data Shows: Social Media Is Getting Results for B2B INBLURBS | TUESDAY, APRIL 24, 2012
- Managing Social Risk THE RELATIONSHIP ECONOMY | TUESDAY, APRIL 17, 2012
- To really understand social media, you must also understand online communities FRESHNETWORKS | SUNDAY, APRIL 29, 2012
- Actionable Social Analytics: From Social Media Metrics to Business Insights [White Paper] MINDJUMPERS | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 11, 2012
- The Best Adult Learning is Social Learning SOCIALFISH | MONDAY, APRIL 2, 2012
- PR Crisis for Skittles In Wake of Controversial Teen Shooting SPIN SUCKS | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 4, 2012
- How To Transform A Facebook Account Into A Pinterest Pinboard FIREBELLY | FRIDAY, APRIL 20, 2012
- Social Media Ostriches – The Corporate Hypocrisy Of Blocking Employee Access To Facebook and Twitter SOCMED SEAN | THURSDAY, APRIL 5, 2012
- 3 Essential Social Media Community Leadership Practices JEFF KORHAN | TUESDAY, APRIL 3, 2012
- What is your Reach on Facebook? (Any why you shouldn’t care) JANET FOUTS | THURSDAY, APRIL 5, 2012
- Dissociation: Associations and the Reality of Irrelevance SOCIALFISH | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 18, 2012
- 4 tips to become a great content curator CREATIVE RAMBLINGS | TUESDAY, APRIL 10, 2012
- By the Numbers…Where Social Media is Today SPIN SUCKS | TUESDAY, APRIL 10, 2012
- If Twitter Would Have Been Invented In The 80s FIREBELLY | FRIDAY, APRIL 13, 2012
- Location Data Use & Misuse; How Marketers Must Approach Mobile Sentient Consumers MOBILEGROOVE | THURSDAY, APRIL 26, 2012
- Infographic: Twitter facts SHERRILYNNE STARKIE | FRIDAY, APRIL 20, 2012
- Mission Driven or People Driven? SOCIALFISH | THURSDAY, APRIL 19, 2012
- Create your own newspaper on Twitter with The Tweeted Times CREATIVE RAMBLINGS | MONDAY, APRIL 23, 2012
- 10 Rules for Transforming Your Agency SPIN SUCKS | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 18, 2012
- The Death of Blogging: Part 271 ARI HERZOG | TUESDAY, APRIL 24, 2012
- How To Change Your Facebook Page Name FIREBELLY | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 25, 2012
- 3 Reasons why to outsource Social Media and Inbound marketing for your Restaurant INBLURBS | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 11, 2012
- The Internet, Social Media and the Democratization of Education SOCIALFISH | TUESDAY, APRIL 24, 2012
- Turn your Google+ news stream into Pinterest CREATIVE RAMBLINGS | FRIDAY, APRIL 27, 2012
- 10 Ways to Improve Landing Page Conversions SPIN SUCKS | THURSDAY, APRIL 26, 2012
- Will Celebrities Ever GET Social? UNSPOKEN | MONDAY, APRIL 23, 2012
- Social Media Analytics – How to Engage With The Data Of Social Media MINDJUMPERS | FRIDAY, APRIL 20, 2012
- Manipulate Google at Your Own Risk JEFF KORHAN | SUNDAY, APRIL 22, 2012
- The Case for Building a Fiercely Loyal Community SOCIALFISH | MONDAY, APRIL 30, 2012
- Infographic: How Educators Can Use Pinterest FIREBELLY | THURSDAY, APRIL 12, 2012
- Social Media Breeds PR Laziness SPIN SUCKS | MONDAY, APRIL 9, 2012
- Three Ways to Accelerate Fierce Loyalty in Your Community KYLE LACY | TUESDAY, APRIL 24, 2012
- How to Download All Images from Tumblr Blogs QUICK ONLINE TIPS | SATURDAY, APRIL 7, 2012
- How to Capitalize on Digital JEFF KORHAN | THURSDAY, APRIL 5, 2012
- Grappling with Google Plus CONVERSTATIONS | FRIDAY, APRIL 27, 2012
- How to Create Facebook House Rules or Community Guidelines HARP SOCIAL | MONDAY, APRIL 30, 2012
- The Spin Sucks Blogging Process SPIN SUCKS | MONDAY, APRIL 16, 2012
- The Danger Of Doing Business Vicariously WAXING UNLYRICAL | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 4, 2012
- How to Find Lost iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Mac Anywhere QUICK ONLINE TIPS | MONDAY, APRIL 30, 2012
- The Era of Technological Collaboration THE RELATIONSHIP ECONOMY | FRIDAY, APRIL 27, 2012
- The Case for Content Curation BLOG.OPENVIEWPARTNERS.COM | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 4, 2012
Social Media Informer can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.