| || |
| | CONVERSTATIONS
OCTOBER 3, 2011 Why and How I Use Twitter
There are as many different ways to use Twitter as there are types of products in a WalMart. Possibly the best way to use Twitter is whatever way it makes meaning or creates value for you. . For my own business purposes, I use Twitter for research and resource-sharing. Links from other sites (found in your surfing or RSS reading or RTing) or quotes that will motivate your gang.
| | SPIN SUCKS
OCTOBER 4, 2011 Eight Tools for Social Media Listening
There are five steps in social media we always recommend to new clients who are just beginning to branch out online. They are listen, assess, engage, measure, and refine/improve. The Art and Science of Listening. While each step is important, the foundation to any online effort is listening. And it’s the one step you can do without any of the others. They ask a lot of questions.
| | KYLE LACY
OCTOBER 10, 2011 Top 9 Twitter Apps For Higher Efficiency
Twitter is big business. Everyone from movie stars to the average Joe is on Twitter sharing their thoughts and ideas with the world. For average users, just going to Twitter.com and typing their tweet might be enough to get the job done, but for some users this will simply not suffice. People who use Twitter all the time need a way to make Tweeting more efficient and effective, and that is why these Twitter apps are here. Twentyfeet. Twentyfeet is kind of like Google Analytics for Twitter. It keeps track of all the important stats and lets users know when something important is happening.
| | SOCIALFISH
OCTOBER 12, 2011 Everything you need to know about the new Facebook Insights (video tutorial included)
One October 7th, Facebook launched a completely new version of Facebook Page Insights along with several new metrics. This also includes Facebook users who’ve responded to an event on your Page. Friends of Fans – This is the total number of friends all your fans have. Reach – The number of people who have seen content content associated with your Page (everything mentioned.
| || || || |
TECHIPEDIA: TAMAR WEINBERG Why Most Social Media Departments Fail
| TUESDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2011
A few years ago, a colleague of mine was given a tremendous responsibility to oversee the social media department at a prestigious well known NYC-based public relations firm. Less than a year later, she was sent packing up her desk, a casualty of a company that jumped into that shiny toy syndrome that people call social media. As more companies jump into social media, they, too, hear that “social media departments don’t execute” which results in the failure of a social media department that was never meant to be. I’ll be exploring some of those reasons below. MORE >>
DANNY BROWN Is Klout Using Our Family to Violate Our Privacy?
| THURSDAY, OCTOBER 27, 2011
First, apologies to anyone suffering Klout burnout here – but sometimes a topic has more than just a simple viewpoint. Especially when that topic is something like online privacy. And that privacy has (potentially) been broken by Klout. was on Facebook today, and my friend Tonia Ries asked about Klout’s ability to make profiles, when users haven’t connected their details with the service. pointed her to the response from Megan Berry , Klout’s marketing manager, where she says if we don’t want to be tracked, then to make our social feeds private. MORE >>
UNSPOKEN Is Klout On The Way Out?
| WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 26, 2011
This morning, Klout launched a new algorithm, which has affected the scoring of Social Media users “Online Success Scores.” ” This change has caused a dramatic decrease in the Klout scores of most users and all platforms on Social Media are ablaze with discordance, confusion and anger in regard to Klout. Klout scores have dropped on average, ten points. In fact, the changes are significant and scores have dropped dramatically for most users. In addition, significant drops / increase have occurred in the majority of users True Reach scores as well. Network influence: 81 now 29. MORE >>
SPIN SUCKS Profiling Your Social Customer
| TUESDAY, OCTOBER 18, 2011
Today’s post is written by Jennifer Roberts. was riding up one of the canyon roads in Boulder, Colorado a few weekends ago. wanted to use the ride to work out how to write an article linking my online social behavior with the concept of a social consumer. But my high-end Sella Italia Lady saddle was distracting me; it was uncomfortable. refocused and thought about my online behavior and how narrowing perspective to include only my social media behavior provided an incomplete view of me as a social consumer. Demographics. Interests. What the Social Media Signal Leaves Out. Offline. Email. MORE >>
KYLE LACY 15 Stats Behind the True Value of the Facebook Like
| WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 12, 2011
I just finished reading an ExactTarget report called “The Meaning of Like.” T his report is part of their Subscribers, Fans, and Followers research which is: an ongoing research series that sets aside theories, assumptions, and widely held beliefs to deliver new insights and actionable advice about consumers’ cross-channel preferences and behaviors. These unique reports draw on the experience of real consumers as they interact with brands through Email, Facebook, and Twitter, collected through extensive research, focus groups, and online surveys. Technically… it means squat. It’s true. Do it. MORE >>
- Social Media Marketing and Darwin: Evolution or Irrelevance BUZZ MARKETING FOR TECHNOLOGY | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 12, 2011
- How the Top 50 Nonprofits Use Social Media SOCIALFISH | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 14, 2011
- A Klout Upside the Head DANNY BROWN | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 26, 2011
- How to Get Your Profile and Data Completely Disconnected from Klout UNSPOKEN | SUNDAY, OCTOBER 30, 2011
- The Great Twitter Purge of 2011 Or Why I Have Decided To Unfollow Everyone & Start Over JASON YORMARK | MONDAY, OCTOBER 17, 2011
- 15 Stats On How The Top Nonprofits Use Social Media KYLE LACY | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2011
- Hot Mobile Stats & Trends You Need To Know MOBILEGROOVE | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2011
- Why you should love ugly Tweets and bad Facebook comments INBLURBS | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 12, 2011
- 12 Common Mistakes New Bloggers Make DANNY BROWN | MONDAY, OCTOBER 17, 2011
- “Uncertainty” – a Book Review and a Philosophy of Work STEPHEN P SMITH | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 13, 2011
- Sales Leads Are Best Served Hot WORKFACE | MONDAY, OCTOBER 17, 2011
- Have You Survived The Kloutpocalypse?!?! JASON YORMARK | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 27, 2011
- Return On Influence Can Return From Whence It Came DAVE FLEET | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2011
- 25 LinkedIn Case Studies for Successful Professionals KYLE LACY | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 26, 2011
- Six Reasons Social Media Doesn’t Work SPIN SUCKS | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2011
- Press Release Optimization Checklist and Tips ADAM SHERK | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 18, 2011
- How To Produce Engaging Updates [infographic] MINDJUMPERS | MONDAY, OCTOBER 17, 2011
- How To Speak At A Conference & Raise Your Social Profile JASON YORMARK | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2011
- You’re Not a Strategist – You’re a Punk DAVE FLEET | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2011
- Why Your B2B Social Media is Failing (And What to Do About It) PWB MARKETING BLOG | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 13, 2011
- Everything you need to know about Twitter chats SOCIALFISH | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 4, 2011
- How Social Media is a Lot Like Dating TECHIPEDIA: TAMAR WEINBERG | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2011
- What is Web Presence Optimization, and Why Should I Care? WEBBIQUITY SMM | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2011
- Three Examples of Social Media Gone Bad SPIN SUCKS | MONDAY, OCTOBER 24, 2011
- 5 Tips: How Brands Can Use Foursquare to Grow MINDJUMPERS | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2011
- Influence Met Transparency with @Kred UNSPOKEN | SUNDAY, OCTOBER 2, 2011
- Win a Free Copy of “Uncertainty” by Jonathan Fields STEPHEN P SMITH | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 7, 2011
- Why Your Marketing Needs Real-Time Data BUZZ MARKETING FOR TECHNOLOGY | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2011
- 51% of Twitter Users Think Your Customer Service Stinks KYLE LACY | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 13, 2011
- 10 Facebook Tips Every B2B Marketer Should Know PWB MARKETING BLOG | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 18, 2011
- Twitter Grows by 75% in Mobile Audience, LinkedIn Close Second MINDJUMPERS | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 26, 2011
- The Difference Between Experts and Expertise WAXING UNLYRICAL | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 12, 2011
- Can Social Media Make You Truly Happy? DANNY BROWN | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2011
- Social media salaries, titles, and job descriptions SOCIALFISH | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2011
- Stop Talking About Products and Services KYLE LACY | MONDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2011
- Five Tools to Prep You for 2012 SPIN SUCKS | MONDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2011
- A “Like” By Fans Is No Longer Enough! MINDJUMPERS | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 12, 2011
- Want a Job in PR? It All Starts with the Cover Letter PR AT SUNRISE | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2011
- A Letter to Joe Fernandez of Klout DANNY BROWN | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2011
- LinkedIn Confusion: Group or Company Page? SOCIALFISH | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2011
- Business Secret – The Introduction Before the Introduction CHRIS BROGAN | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2011
Social Media Informer can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.