| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | DIGITAL VOICES
AUGUST 8, 2011 Identifying & Selecting the right Content Management System for your website (part 1 of 2)
A critical element of many web development engagements is the selection of a Web Content Management System (CMS). The goal of the Candidate Identification phase is simple – to quickly narrow the field of web CMS products to a manageable number of candidates that are most consistent with the customer and project at hand, in order that they can be thoroughly reviewed and compared during the Candidate Evaluation phase. Content Management Web SolutionsPart 2, which will address the evaluation process, will be posted next week. Hurry up.
| | IDACONCPTS
AUGUST 25, 2010 Open Source Web Management and Design Tools
Everything a web designer needs for free: Designing and managing a website need not be an expensive affair. This list is not comprehensive, but rather provides the categories for each step of website management, as well as open source examples of tools you can use. FireFTP – Runs in Firefox on all operating systems. – Content Management Systems.
| || || |
| | FRESHNETWORKS
MARCH 4, 2010 Why Drupal is a great social media platform (in layman’s terms)
At our nfp and membership breakfast seminar a few weeks ago, Bertie Bosredon from Breast Cancer Care was talking about the benefits of Drupal as a content management system. Profiles: people can publish information about themselves to help engage users and make the experience more “real. It’s easy to add, edit and change content in Drupal. Records.
| | TWIST IMAGE
NOVEMBER 6, 2011 What Is A Blog? The Question That Won't Go Away
While some may call me a traditionalist, I think there are certain aspects of online publishing that does identify something as a Blog, and they include: RSS feed. Journal like publishing design - meaning the content runs chronologically from newest to oldest. semblance of opinion and character in the content. We also see many more corporations building websites on WordPress platforms because the content management system is just that much easier. At the end of the day, Blogging is a publishing platform. Instant publishing. content.
| | JEFF KORHAN
AUGUST 31, 2012 Why Isn’t Your Business Blogging?
Now we simply think of ourselves as publishers. WordPress started as a blogging platform, but has now evolved into the world’s leading CMS (Content Management System) for businesses. By consistently publishing fresh content to your blog, you are serving both your customers and the search engines that will help you find new ones. Guide your visitor.
| | CHRIS BROGAN
NOVEMBER 29, 2011 Hugh McGuire on the Future of Digital Publishing and PressBooks
My Media Hacks alum, Hugh McGuire stopped by to tell me about his interesting new company, PressBooks , a new tool to let authors and publishers create books via WordPress and some other magic. If you’re thinking about self-publishing, or if you’re interested in one spin on the future of the business of publishing (at least digital), check this out: Can’t see the video?
| || || || |
AGGREGAGE BLOG Marketing via Aggregation, Filtering and Curation – Tools and Resources
| MONDAY, JANUARY 31, 2011
Great picture and post on the Information Overload Paradox : The post talks about the issue of overload: I can certainly consume more content
than I could two decades ago, but no matter how much content
is available, I can’t consume much more. And relative to the sheer volume of content
available to me, I’m actually consuming a smaller percentage every day. Let’s assume that you believe that to be true and you want to essentially become a publisher
of the best content
focused on a specific topic. Publishing
. Can it scrub to clean up content
? MORE >>
JEFF KORHAN Why Isn’t Your Business Blogging?
| FRIDAY, AUGUST 31, 2012
Now we simply think of ourselves as publishers
. WordPress started as a blogging platform, but has now evolved into the world’s leading CMS (Content Management System
) for businesses. By consistently publishing
to your blog, you are serving both your customers and the search engines that will help you find new ones. Build a content management system
using WordPress – a digital business channel (on a domain you own) that regularly addresses the needs of your customers. Your customers are no different. Photo Credit. MORE >>
FIREBELLY Blogger to WordPress – Why Make The Change?
| FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 18, 2011
It can be a tricky process, because transferring isn’t easy when you have hundreds of posts published
already. Blogger will work just fine if all you’re looking for is a simple blog that stands alone from the rest of your website, but for flawless integration and versatility, WordPress is one of the best content management systems
you’ll find on the web. Recently a lot of websites and blogs have made the transition from Google’s Blogger service to an independently-hosted WordPress installation. So, what’s so great about WordPress? MORE >>
PAMORAMA Social Media From A to Z: A Glossary
| WEDNESDAY, JUNE 30, 2010
Atom also provides a standard way to export an entire blog, or parts of it, for backup or for importing into other blogging systems
. “Blog can also be used as a verb, meaning to maintain or add content
to a blog. Blogger : Blogger is a free blogging platform owned by Google that allows individuals and companies to host and publish
a blog. Box.net : Box.net enables users to organize and view all of their content
online in a familiar file and folder structure. Disqus Comments : Disqus Comments is a comment system
and moderation tool for a Web site or blog. MORE >>
PROBLOGGER The Blogger’s Essential WordPress Guide: 13 Top Tutorials
| TUESDAY, JUNE 12, 2012
know that many readers do use WordPress—either the free or paid version—and it’s the content management system
of choice for many high-profile sites. The articles we’ve published
have covered many of the essential aspects of blogging using WordPress, from choosing the service that’ll suit you and weighing up different themes, to securing, posting to, and making money from your WordPress blog. Over the last couple of months, we’ve taken a close look at WordPress here on ProBlogger. Getting started. WordPress.com or WordPress.org? Security. MORE >>
- eLearning & Deliberative Moments: The present and future of Personal Learning Environments (PLE) BUZZ MARKETING FOR TECHNOLOGY | FRIDAY, JUNE 27, 2008
- 22 Social Media Marketing Management Software & Services Reviewed - Online Marketing Blog WWW.TOPRANKBLOG.COM | SUNDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2010
- Learning via the Social Media Game BARE FEET STUDIOS | MONDAY, JULY 25, 2011
- My 9 Favorite Wordpress Social Media Plugins | jasonyormark.com JASON YORMARK | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 6, 2009
- Content Curation on Steroids PAUL GILLIN | THURSDAY, JULY 29, 2010
- WordPress vs Tumblr for Your Business Blog SOSHABLE | FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 23, 2012
- Open Research: A Framework for Social Analytics WWW.WEB-STRATEGIST.COM | SUNDAY, AUGUST 14, 2011
- 7+ WordPress Plugins For Every Website FIREBELLY | FRIDAY, APRIL 15, 2011
- List of Social Media Management Systems (SMMS) WWW.WEB-STRATEGIST.COM | SUNDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2010
- Social Media Software + Silos=Trouble SOCIALFISH | THURSDAY, JUNE 16, 2011
- Live Blog: Lotusphere 2012 Opening Session PAUL GILLIN | MONDAY, JANUARY 16, 2012
- 2012 #Nifty50 Top Men in Technology on Twitter BLUE FOCUS MARKETING | SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 16, 2012
- 70+ Resources on How to Start a WordPress Blog KIKOLANI | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 21, 2011
- Buy Nexium Online Without Prescription | Social Media & Digital. COLIN ALSHEIMER | MONDAY, JANUARY 25, 2010
- Old-Fashioned Organic SEO Wins the Day After Google Penguin Update BARE FEET STUDIOS | MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 17, 2012
- 40 Ways to Build Trust in Your Brand on Social Media KYLE LACY | WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 9, 2011
- 25 Reasons Why Google Hates Your Blog PROBLOGGER | FRIDAY, JANUARY 27, 2012
- Check out the New Ghost Blogging Platform Kickstarter: Funded in under 12 Hours! PROBLOGGER | TUESDAY, APRIL 30, 2013
- How to SEO Your Blog Post Series PROBLOGGER | TUESDAY, MAY 22, 2012
- 10 Quotes on the Apple iPad and the Business of News ADAM SHERK | THURSDAY, JANUARY 28, 2010
- FreshNetworks Blog: Top five posts in March FRESHNETWORKS | FRIDAY, APRIL 2, 2010
- Integrate Social Networks with your Corporate Website with ‘Social Sign On’ WWW.WEB-STRATEGIST.COM | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2010
- Content Is No Longer King: Curation Is King WWW.BUSINESSINSIDER.COM | WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 22, 2010
- 25 Important Search Engine Optimization Mistakes to Fix Right Now BILL HARTZER | WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 12, 2011
- The Most Common Causes of Duplicate Content on News Media Sites ADAM SHERK | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 8, 2009
- Must-have Joomla Blog Extensions PROBLOGGER | SATURDAY, JANUARY 26, 2013
- Joomla! Surpasses 15 Million Downloads BILL HARTZER | FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 26, 2010
- Build Blog Products That Sell 3: Develop Your Product PROBLOGGER | THURSDAY, APRIL 19, 2012
- Tech Tip: 3 Simple Things You Can Do To Improve The Backend Of Your Site SOCMED SEAN | TUESDAY, JANUARY 22, 2013
- 9 Social Media Topics that Need To Die | Brass Tack Thinking BRASS TACK THINKING | THURSDAY, MARCH 25, 2010
- Web Journal – June 3rd – June 5th & Acai Berry Scams WEB METRICS GURU | SATURDAY, JUNE 5, 2010
- $1M Case Study: My CMS & Content Strategy VIPER CHILL | WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 27, 2010
- Unskewing the Web: Curators as filters WWW.MIKEMORAN.COM | MONDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2010
- The past, present and future of content curation DARETOCOMMENT.COM | WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 22, 2010
- The Ultimate Guide to Creating a Small Business Website SAMIR BALWANI | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 6, 2011
- The Ultimate Resource for Successful Small Business Websites SAMIR BALWANI | TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 16, 2010
- M-PUBLISHING PODCAST: Handmark CEO Tells Why ‘Good Brands & Great Apps’ May Not Cut It MOBILEGROOVE | FRIDAY, MAY 28, 2010
- Five Reasons Why I Love Wordpress FIREBELLY | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 23, 2009
Social Media Informer can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.