| || |
| | DANNY BROWN
MAY 9, 2012 27 Highly Recommended WordPress PlugIns As Used on Here
One of the great things about self-hosted WordPress blogging is the amount of plugins available to help you make your blog just the way you want it. For anyone not on WordPress, plugins are additional solutions that you can install to your site’s admin area, and they then offer extra functionality to your blog and how your readers interact with it. So, here they are. afterRead. Akismet.
| | SOCIALFISH
MAY 5, 2012 The Future of Work: A Manifesto
This manifesto is a work in progress, and my personal output from 4 incredible days in Omaha last November with Joe Gerstandt, Jason Lauritsen, Jamie Notter, Janyne Emsick, Jen Benz, Eric WineGardner, Charlie Judy, James Papiano, Stuart Chittenden, Mike Wagner and David Ballard. I’m throwing it up on the blog because I can’t hold on to it any more. All of it is up for discussion.
| | SPIN SUCKS
MAY 9, 2012 Sixteen Ways to Use Pinterest for PR
Yesterday I was invited to talk Pinterest for PR at the Public Relations Association of Louisiana in New Orleans. When Abbie Fink asked me how it went, I said, “It’s really fun talking Pinterest with 30 PR girls (and three guys).” ” Because, as we all know, I LOVE PINTEREST! began the discussion by reminding everyone that using Pinterest is not a strategy. Just do it.
| | MINDJUMPERS
MAY 24, 2012 How People Spend Their Time Online [Infographic]
Tweet On our blog , we have previously written about an infographic that illustrates how social networking accounts for a huge amount of time spend online and relates content sharing to brands , but this new infographic from Go-Gulf takes a slightly closer look at how people around the world split their time across different online activities. How Advertisers Are Using Facebook Ads [Infographic].
| || || || |
UNSPOKEN Who Are The Influencers and How DO We Find Them?
| THURSDAY, MAY 24, 2012
In my last blog, “ Clout vs. Klout – Or the Real Meaning of Social Influence ,” I pulled together information which concluded that the most visible people are not necessarily correlated with influence, and word-of-mouth recognition can only be harnessed by targeting large numbers of ordinary influencers. That naturally raises the question, “Who are these influencers and how DO we find them?” ” Is there some way of identifying those people who are connected to a critical mass of easily influenced people? Digg Digg. Is Klout On The Way Out? MORE >>
ADAM SHERK SEO Metrics for Publishers: How are You Tracking and Measuring Success?
| TUESDAY, MAY 1, 2012
Your sites have been audited, improvements have been made and there is more to come in the road map. The technical, editorial and marketing teams are trained in SEO best practices and are integrating them into the daily workflow. Sounds good, but are your efforts working? That’s where tracking and measurement comes in. When it comes to SEO publishers need to understand and effectively communicate progress and success. SEO is a never-ending process and without good benchmarks, clear and realistic goals and solid reporting it is easy to lose momentum within the organization. What Else? MORE >>
JASON YORMARK Say Hello To ShowPony
| TUESDAY, MAY 1, 2012
It’s been a whirlwind month or so and my blog and personal social media use has certainly suffered. Finding time to attend to my personal stuff is always going to be a significant challenge with a full time gig. The anxiety of a shrinking Klout score and Alexa rating always seems to reel me back in. I’m so vain. As the dust settles a bit, I am excited to share a new venture I am over seeing as part of my increased role at Strategies 360. I’m thrilled for the opportunity, but also realize that the buck stops with me now. I welcome the challenge. Social Media MORE >>
SOCIALFISH [MUST WATCH] The Connected Company
| TUESDAY, MAY 22, 2012
Here is a 30 minute video of Dave Gray talking about “the connected company”, a theme with which you will be very familiar from Humanize. Dave is founder of XPLANE, a visual thinking company, and a partner in the Dachis Group, a social business consultancy. You may also know his recent book Gamestorming: A Playbook for Innovators, Rulebreakers, and Changemakers , which is all about innovative facilitation techniques based on game mechanics. Here’s an excerpt from a related blog post : “I’ve noticed some troubling trends lately in the business world. photo credit ). MORE >>
SPIN SUCKS Social Media to Replace Traditional Media Says CEO Study
| WEDNESDAY, MAY 23, 2012
Four years ago, I was invited to do my very first webinar. It was for Vistage and it launched my speaking career. I’ll never forget the very fist speaking engagement I did for them. It was in Washington, D.C. was 30 minutes late to the meeting because I got lost and traffic was worse than I expected. Then, when I arrived, they didn’t have a projector or screen. So I had to talk from slides on my laptop. That includes having something with your contact information to actually hand us.” ” To say I’ve gotten better is putting it mildly. And you know what? But today? MORE >>
- Social Business + Big Data = Business intelligence MINDJUMPERS | TUESDAY, MAY 15, 2012
- 7 Steps to Planning Better Presentations DAVE FLEET | WEDNESDAY, MAY 16, 2012
- Driving Social Engagement (Part 4) - Using Twitter effectively in your social media marketing DIGITAL VOICES | MONDAY, MAY 21, 2012
- Media Relations Gone Wrong: How Not to Pitch a Journalist (Video) ADAM SHERK | TUESDAY, MAY 15, 2012
- Red Cross – Updated Social Engagement Handbook [Resource] SOCIALFISH | FRIDAY, MAY 25, 2012
- Five Step Process for Using the Social Web SPIN SUCKS | THURSDAY, MAY 24, 2012
- How Humor Makes Your Business Better JEFF KORHAN | WEDNESDAY, MAY 30, 2012
- Restaurant Social Media Marketing Results In The Flesh JASON YORMARK | MONDAY, MAY 7, 2012
- Social Media Marketing: A Jungle Too Deep Or A Sea of Opportunities? [Infographic] MINDJUMPERS | MONDAY, MAY 21, 2012
- Mobile Usage Hot Trends: Mobile Apps, Multi-screen & Mobile Video MOBILEGROOVE | FRIDAY, MAY 18, 2012
- Clay Shirky on Creativity: “You Can’t Fake Interestingness” SOCIALFISH | SATURDAY, MAY 19, 2012
- No One Cares About Your News Release SPIN SUCKS | MONDAY, MAY 7, 2012
- Clout vs. Klout – Or the Real Meaning of Social Influence UNSPOKEN | WEDNESDAY, MAY 16, 2012
- Too Much Talk, Not Enough Action! JASON YORMARK | FRIDAY, MAY 11, 2012
- 3 Cool Pinterest Tools For Brands & Marketers FIREBELLY | WEDNESDAY, MAY 30, 2012
- Does Social Media Improve Google Organic Search Ranking? PAMORAMA | SATURDAY, MAY 12, 2012
- Seven Ways To Use Photos To Amplify Engagement On Your Facebook Page SOCIALFISH | WEDNESDAY, MAY 9, 2012
- Self-Publishing vs. Publisher: Why You Should Do Both SPIN SUCKS | WEDNESDAY, MAY 30, 2012
- Social Media Is NOT About the Numbers!! JUGNOO | TUESDAY, MAY 22, 2012
- Will Social Media Initiatives Change Your Google Ranking? [Infographic] MINDJUMPERS | MONDAY, MAY 7, 2012
- Instagram Marketing: 5 Must-Reads FIREBELLY | MONDAY, MAY 14, 2012
- Today’s social media landscape and where you fit in SIMON MAINWARING | MONDAY, MAY 21, 2012
- How’s your community manager doing? SOCIALFISH | TUESDAY, MAY 1, 2012
- Six Step Process to Clean Up a Company’s Online Presence SPIN SUCKS | TUESDAY, MAY 22, 2012
- 15 Informative 2012 Marketing Infographics PAMORAMA | SUNDAY, MAY 20, 2012
- The Art and Science of Social Caring JEFF KORHAN | THURSDAY, MAY 17, 2012
- Personal branding with social media (Infographic) CREATIVE RAMBLINGS | THURSDAY, MAY 3, 2012
- Infographic: Pinterest Best Practices FIREBELLY | THURSDAY, MAY 24, 2012
- Gamification: Much Less Scary Than What’s Under the Bed SOCIALFISH | MONDAY, MAY 28, 2012
- Don’t Believe Everything You Read About Social Media SPIN SUCKS | WEDNESDAY, MAY 30, 2012
- The Commoditization of Expertise and Why You Should Never Trust a Guru DANNY BROWN | MONDAY, MAY 28, 2012
- Finally – A Promising Buzz in the Social Media Marketing Atmosphere UNSPOKEN | TUESDAY, MAY 15, 2012
- Create Feature Collections and Build Reader Loyalty GET SOCIAL PR | SUNDAY, MAY 6, 2012
- How to Protect Privacy on Twitter QUICK ONLINE TIPS | FRIDAY, MAY 18, 2012
- Get More from Your Email Marketing JEFF KORHAN | TUESDAY, MAY 22, 2012
- Your Business Logo: Does it Really Matter? SPIN SUCKS | MONDAY, MAY 14, 2012
- The Because of Cause Marketing DANNY BROWN | SATURDAY, MAY 5, 2012
- Statistics on Women at Work SOCIALFISH | WEDNESDAY, MAY 2, 2012
- Why you need more than good intentions to build a purposeful brand SIMON MAINWARING | THURSDAY, MAY 10, 2012
- 5 Data Points You Need To Know From xAD, Nielsen, IAB Chetan Sharma & Mogreet MOBILEGROOVE | FRIDAY, MAY 25, 2012
- Create a Setting and Connect With Emotions CHRIS BROGAN | SUNDAY, MAY 13, 2012
Social Media Informer can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.