| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | WWW.NIEMANLAB.ORG
SEPTEMBER 22, 2010 What’s the law around aggregating news online
ABOUT ARCHIVES CONTACT SUBSCRIBE TWITTER What’s the law around aggregating news online? So much of the web is built around aggregation — gathering together interesting and useful things from around the Internet and presenting them in new ways to an audience. This should be required reading for anyone interested in where aggregation and linking are headed. 8 / 10:30 a.m.
| | WEBBIQUITY SMM
SEPTEMBER 21, 2010 Content Aggregation: The Future of (B2B and Consumer) Media?
Meanwhile, the blogosphere continues to expand and pundits like Joe Pulizzi have declared that we are all publishers now. Instead, successful media will become aggregators and editors of content, rather than creators. Online content aggregation is as old as the Internet itself, beginning with AOL. Technology to “scrape websites and republish content (legally or not) has also been around for some time, but until recently, doing content aggregation well required either a massive investment in infrastructure (like Moreover ) or a unworkable level of manual effort.
| || || |
| | TECHIPEDIA: TAMAR WEINBERG
FEBRUARY 23, 2010 11 Characteristics of Highly Influential Blog(ger)s
Taking this theme a little further, I decided to branch out into the blogosphere, but using the number seven this time around was a tad too limiting. Granted, these are typically publications that have a staff of writers at their disposal, but they are like the newspapers of the blogosphere and readers have come to expect frequent updates. Want to build your blog and following?
| | QUICK ONLINE TIPS
MARCH 14, 2013 Google Reader Shuts Down, Is Feedburner Next?
Google reader is my primary RSS aggregator and is the main tool which I use to track breaking news across the blogosphere and read my favourite blogs. In a related blow to RSS aggregators, it seems Feeddemon is also shutting down. It was a sad day today as news about Google reader shutting down spread and I wonder if Feedburner shut down is next in line. As Google says -.
| | FRESHNETWORKS
OCTOBER 19, 2009 Getting started 1: Do you know what people are saying about you?
Bloglines – A web-based personal news aggregator that can be used in place of a desktop client. It analyzes and reports on daily trends within the blogosphere. Image by clownbastard via Flickr. When brands are getting started in social media , they really benefit from understanding who is currently talking about them online, what they are saying, to whom and where. HowSociable?
| | SPIN SUCKS
MAY 4, 2011 Take the Easy Route. Everyone Is Doing It.
This past weekend, Danny Brown , Geoff Livingston , and I had an email conversation about the sameness of the blogosphere. Tools such as Storify quickly aggregates content, without having to create it. It’s easier to use aggregation tools. Mark Schaefer has long called it the social media chamber: Something I’ve always been overly sensitive to not becoming.
| || || || |
- eLearning & Deliberative Moments: The present and future of Personal Learning Environments (PLE)
This article has been compiled after tracking recent conversations in the blogosphere
and following social bookmarks. Towards a Definition The following definition is intended to introduce the general nature of PLEs: a Personal Learning Environment is a facility for an individual to access, aggregate
, configure and manipulate digital artefacts of their ongoing learning experiences. PLEs are meant to simplify managing these artefacts, creating meaning through aggregation
, linking and metadata tagging (eg comments, keywords). eLearning & Deliberative Moments. services. 2002). MORE >>
PAMORAMA 26 Free Tools for Monitoring Your Brand's Reputation
| SUNDAY, DECEMBER 6, 2009
Bloglines : A Web-based personal news aggregator
that can be used in place of a desktop client. Blogpulse : A service of Nielsen BuzzMetrics, it analyzes and reports on daily trends in the blogosphere
. pamorama marketing, life, social media Home About Bookshelf Links Contact 26 Free Tools for Monitoring Your Brand’s Reputation by Pam Dyer on December 6, 2009 Share Are you listening? Do you know what people are saying about your brand? BoardTracker : A useful tool for scanning and tracking forums conversations. FriendFeed Search : Scans all FriendFeed activity. HowSociable? MORE >>
SPIN SUCKS The 10 Spin Sucks Posts You Liked Best
| WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 29, 2010
But Jay Baer did an interesting aggregation
of his own blog posts this morning, based on what his readers liked best, so I’m copying that idea, with a twist. What I find most fascinating is they gave into the blogosphere
and changed it back to the old logo, even though that group represents less than seven percent of their customer base. I had a brilliant idea for today’s post in the middle of the night, but between it being the middle of the night and Jack Bauer sleeping on my head (which is not comfortable), I’ve forgotten what it was. will beat you next year! MORE >>
- How to Save the World - PKM An Update
The old model, which we pursued from 1994-2004, is focused on content and collection. -- the acquisition, organization & aggregation
, storage and dissemination of content under organization-wide taxonomies using customized tools and containers, just-in-case it might be reusable. WHAT THE BLOGOSPHERE
WANTS MORE OF. category killers: aggregators
that capture the best of many blogs/feeds, so they need not be read individually. reading lists/aggregations
of material on specific, leading-edge subjects that writers can use as resource material. November 2005. Oct Dec. MORE >>
PAMORAMA 35 Great Social Media Infographics
| WEDNESDAY, MARCH 3, 2010
Breakdown of the Blogosphere
31. link] bradgarland Thanks for aggregating
all these, well done. The kudos should go to the talented, creative people who created them in the first place — I'm just the aggregator
. pamorama marketing, life, social media Home About Bookshelf Links Contact 35 Great Social Media Infographics by Pam Dyer on March 3, 2010 Share Here’s a collection of terrific social media infographics that might come in handy. As you probably know, infographics are visual representations of information, data, or knowledge. to convey concepts. Salut! MORE >>
- Confessions of a CKO: What I Should Have Done BUZZ MARKETING FOR TECHNOLOGY | MONDAY, JULY 21, 2008
- The Bamboo Project Blog BUZZ MARKETING FOR TECHNOLOGY | SATURDAY, OCTOBER 4, 2008
- How to Save the World BUZZ MARKETING FOR TECHNOLOGY | TUESDAY, JULY 22, 2008
- PKM and the Organization - Pollard BUZZ MARKETING FOR TECHNOLOGY | FRIDAY, JUNE 27, 2008
- Best Internet Marketing Blog Posts of 2007 Â» Techipedia | Tamar. TECHIPEDIA: TAMAR WEINBERG | MONDAY, JANUARY 5, 2009
- Best Internet Marketing Posts of 2009 TECHIPEDIA: TAMAR WEINBERG | TUESDAY, JANUARY 5, 2010
- Using the 'Steal-O-Meter' to Gauge if Stories Steal or Promote WWW.PBS.ORG | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 12, 2010
- @Buzzfeed: The Viral Filter We’ve Needed for a While SOSHABLE | SUNDAY, AUGUST 7, 2011
- Seth Godin on Steroids: Here’s My Evernote Password VIPER CHILL | SUNDAY, DECEMBER 2, 2012
- Beating the Algorithm GEOFF LIVINGSTON | MONDAY, MAY 13, 2013
- Content Curation: Learning from others and sharing their knowledge WWW.HEIDICOOL.COM | SUNDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2010
- 100 Media Monitoring Tools for PR WWW.PAMIL-VISIONS.NET | SUNDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2010
- What Traits Define a Social Media Marketer? TECHIPEDIA: TAMAR WEINBERG | TUESDAY, JULY 8, 2008
- 2012 #Nifty50 Top Men in Technology on Twitter BLUE FOCUS MARKETING | SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 16, 2012
- How to Generate Blog Post Ideas VIPER CHILL | THURSDAY, MAY 6, 2010
- Bloggers: This Is How Long Your Posts Should Be VIPER CHILL | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 18, 2010
- Essay: How to Captivate and Hold Attention in the Age of the. MICRO PERSUASION | WEDNESDAY, JULY 7, 2010
- The PRWeek Guide to Required Reading | Spin Sucks SPIN SUCKS | SATURDAY, AUGUST 7, 2010
- Three Things Digg Needs to Survive: Buzz, Buzz, and Buzz SOSHABLE | SATURDAY, MARCH 19, 2011
- Interview with Jason Calacanis CITIZEN MARKETER 2.1 | TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 7, 2010
- Blogger Outreach is Media Relations BLOG.JOURNALISTICS.COM | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2010
- Sign of the Times: Content Professionals Weigh in on the NYT Paywall ENGAGE | MONDAY, MARCH 21, 2011
- Magazine ‘App’-titude ENGAGE | TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 6, 2011
- Cyberbullying and blogs – a case study Mumbrella LAUREL PAPWORTH | FRIDAY, APRIL 9, 2010
- Guide To Online Content Syndication WWW.MASTERNEWMEDIA.ORG | THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 23, 2010
- Forrester to Analysts that Have Their Own Blogs: Umm, No JACOB MORGAN | SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 6, 2010
- October Trends + The 10 Horrors of Blogging PROBLOGGER | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 1, 2010
- Monthly Trends + Resolutions for a Better Blog PROBLOGGER | MONDAY, JANUARY 10, 2011
- Social Media Lawsuits Protect Yourself From Them | Guest Posts. CONVINCE & CONVERT | WEDNESDAY, JULY 21, 2010
- Social Media Monitoring Tools Demystified: Analysing Sources ENERGISE2-0.COM | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 27, 2010
- Definitive Guide to Word of Mouth Marketing SAMIR BALWANI | THURSDAY, DECEMBER 22, 2011
- Friday Buzz Report for Bare Feet Blog 080725 BARE FEET STUDIOS | THURSDAY, JULY 24, 2008
- Corporate Blogging - Get Serious COVISIO | MONDAY, MAY 19, 2008
- Corporate Blogging - Get Serious COVISIO | MONDAY, MAY 19, 2008
- Social Media 2008: The End of the Beginning or the Beginning of the End? SOCIALMEDIATODAY.COM | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 10, 2009
- What is Browse My Stuff? AGGREGAGE BLOG | SATURDAY, MAY 23, 2009
- Customer Anthropology: The Art of Observation BUZZ MARKETING FOR TECHNOLOGY | THURSDAY, JULY 24, 2008
- Personal Knowledge Management - Pollard BUZZ MARKETING FOR TECHNOLOGY | FRIDAY, JUNE 27, 2008
Social Media Informer can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.