| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | SIMON MAINWARING
APRIL 24, 2012 When virtual worlds collide: Facebook meets 3D shopping
It is one thing to migrate seamlessly between the on and offline world across multiple devices (PC, tablet, smartphone) to never lose touch with your customer, it is another to reconcile the real world with its new virtual equivalent showcased in Yogurtistan. New coupons, incentives and rewards specific to engagement within the virtual worlds.
| || |
| || || |
| | LAUREL PAPWORTH
AUGUST 1, 2010 Facebook Credit: Zuckerberg next Treasurer of the Internet App2User
Called Facebook “Credit it includes a real world component named, rather fetchingly, “App2User , which aims to encourage merchants and loyalty programs like Qantas Frequent Flyer points and Flybuys and whatnot to use the Facebook points social media system. But first… Quick note on currency and Virtual Goods. Virtual or otherwise. Hero World 2,100,000.
| | NOWSOURCING
MAY 27, 2011 Virtual Reality: Your Life As An Avatar
When social media meets gaming, or rather, meets a specific, interactive element of gaming – we call this virtual reality. When I was younger I always thought virtual reality was putting a boxy contraption over your head with a screen over your eyes and your physical movements controlled your movements within the virtual world. Credit. Image Two Credit ). Credit.
| | SOSHABLE
MAY 13, 2013 Does Oculus Rift Have a Future in Social Media?
'I have always wondered what it would be like to be immersed in a virtual world. The possibilities for the world’s design, its purpose, and even the way an individual presents themselves are endless. I dare say that many people would jump at a chance to dive into an immersive virtual world. Could Oculus Rift be a step in that direction?
| | THE WAY OF THE WEB
MARCH 22, 2011 Will Microsoft and Xbox rule online identities in the future?
A really interesting Microsoft internal team video has appeared on the web, showing the ambition of the Windows Gaming Experience team for your Xbox avatar to become your identity and persona in the digital world. It’s really interesting in light of some of my previous thoughts regarding Xbox Live Avatars, when I claimed back in 2008 that introducing avatars was a big mistake.
| || || || |
TWIST IMAGE The Real World
| TUESDAY, DECEMBER 14, 2010
People talk a ton about what they're doing online versus what they're doing in the real world
. People often talk about meeting-up in the real world
once they've connected in places like Twitter or Facebook. Let me ask you this: when you're on Twitter or Facebook or Blogging are you not in the real world
? Is your online avatar
simply that: a representation of who you would like to be instead of who you really are? " People will look at me sideways when I say that online social networks are the real world
. am using real world
emotions. real world
. MORE >>
GREG VERDINO Greg Verdino: Twitter is this year's Second Life
| TUESDAY, MARCH 10, 2009
1) Both Twitter and Second Life are built around the concept of virtual
presence. 2) Avatars
. If you're gonna maintain a virtual
presence, then you've gotta represent. Second Lifers agonized over whether their Shogun warrior or hot chick in leather avatar
best reflected their mood on any given day. Twitter users put similar emphasis on which itsy bitsy square image of their face makes them look smartest, most approachable, funniest, most attractive, weirdest or most like their SL avatar
. MORE >>
NOWSOURCING This Week in Infographics: I Love you to Death
| THURSDAY, APRIL 5, 2012
Also, traditional dating is a thing of the past, the virtual world
is taking over – the good news: avatars
don’t need birth control, yay! Boy “Meets” Girl: Dating in a Virtual World
. Infographics cheating death death financial stability infographics online dating relationships virtual
realityThe common theme this week amongst our hand-picked awesomeness, is relationships and death. First, is it possible that your birth order may influence your financial behavior? Let’s hope not! The Control of Birth Control. MORE >>
PAMORAMA Social Media From A to Z: A Glossary
| WEDNESDAY, JUNE 30, 2010
: An Avatar
is an image or username that represents a person online within forums and social networks. Facebook is the largest social network in the world
with more than 500 million users. It’s a social entertainment destination, with a focus on delivering a fun and entertainment-driven social experience online to users around the world
. Second Life : Second Life is an online virtual world
. Users are called “residents and they interact with each other through avatars
. It is the largest video sharing site in the world
. MORE >>
SOCIALFISH Virtual Event Technologies Defined
| FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 11, 2011
No doubt you’ve started investigating the dizzying array of digital solutions for your event: content-capture, hybrid, live stream, on-demand, Skype, videoconferencing, virtual
, webinar, 2D, 3D. Virtual
Event Definitions. 2D Virtual
Platform. Two-dimensional computer-based digital models that are representational of real world
objects. 2D Virtual
Platforms are similar to our standard desktop user interface where the user points and clicks. 3D Virtual
Tradeshow. Image by Splitbrain. Content-Capture. MORE >>
- 22 Twitter revenue streams – monetizing tweets LAUREL PAPWORTH | TUESDAY, APRIL 13, 2010
- The social media deadzone: why only tools focus on tools GREG VERDINO | WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 27, 2010
- The Ultimate Social Media Etiquette Handbook TECHIPEDIA: TAMAR WEINBERG | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 10, 2008
- The magical power of great writing and insight THE WAY OF THE WEB | MONDAY, JANUARY 24, 2011
- Five Similarities and Differences Between the Social Media. GAURAVONOMICS | THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 16, 2010
- Designing Choreographies for the New Economy of Attention WWW.DIGITALHUMANITIES.ORG | TUESDAY, JUNE 23, 2009
- What is More Social: Playing With Your Real Friends or Making. GAURAVONOMICS | SUNDAY, JULY 25, 2010
- Crest Magazine Interview on Social Media Marketing | Gauravonomics. GAURAVONOMICS | THURSDAY, JULY 8, 2010
- Killer Startup Idea: GTTGTHR.com (Get Together at Places With. GAURAVONOMICS | SUNDAY, JULY 18, 2010
- When Twitter Gave Me Howler Monkey Angst WAXING UNLYRICAL | THURSDAY, JULY 7, 2011
- Dare Magazine Story on How Indian Brands Are Using Social Media. GAURAVONOMICS | FRIDAY, JULY 16, 2010
- Mail Today Story on Identity Theft on Facebook, Orkut and Twitter. GAURAVONOMICS | WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 25, 2010
- Killer Startup Idea: GTTGTHR.com (Get Together) GAURAVONOMICS | SUNDAY, JULY 18, 2010
- If Twitter were a state, it would be Arkansas GREG VERDINO | WEDNESDAY, JUNE 10, 2009
- Multiverse Social Learning DARETOSHARE | WEDNESDAY, JUNE 10, 2009
- Non di solo Google. BUZZ MARKETING FOR TECHNOLOGY | TUESDAY, JULY 15, 2008
Social Media Informer can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.