| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | THE WAY OF THE WEB
AUGUST 3, 2012 Is Feedburner about to be closed by Google?
It’s particularly worrying in some areas, where companies of the size and scale of Google have effectively closed out the market, particularly in terms of RSS syndication with Feedburner and RSS reading with Google Reader. Having used Feedburner for years, it appears little positive has happened since acquisition by Google, and largely the service for syndicating and placing advertising in RSS feeds has been left running, but little more. But also the @Feedburner Twitter account is being closed from today as well. What’s happening to Feedburner? Trust in Google?
| | SOSHABLE
MARCH 3, 2010 A Major Difference Between Twitter and Facebook
For entrepreneurs, one of the best features of Twitter is it’s API. Twitter allows developers to tap into its stream of 1 billion monthly tweets to create new applications and websites. This Twitter API has spawned several unique applications and projects that have benefited internet users in a variety of ways. However, without an API – this hasn’t happened yet.
| || || |
| | SOSHABLE
FEBRUARY 16, 2010 The Syndication of Twitter
months ago, Twitter changed its homepage so that there was a greater focus on their search engine. At any time, anyone can go to Twitter and search through all of the updates from Twitter users. Twitter’s search results are also being syndicated to several web properties. Read more about Twitter on this, one of many Social Media Blogs. Blast. Share it.
| | JANET FOUTS
AUGUST 17, 2012 What Twitter’s Rate Limit Changes Mean to You
Twitter recently announced new rate limits on how many “hits” to the API it will allow. Twitter is changing the number of times the application can do that from 350 per hour to 60. In this diagram taken from the Twitter developer blog they break Twitter’s ecosystem up into 4 quadrants. Twitter prefers you use their website to access it.
| | LOUIS GRAY
JUNE 2, 2011 Record Labels Yank Videos from Youtify Over Syndication
Though I published late on a weekend, the story was quickly distributed, especially on Twitter, with nearly 150 shares of the story. Per Thulin , one of the cofounders of the project, along with Karl Tannergard , initially thought he had somehow run afoul of YouTube's API rules , as users found the video player was rendered almost completely useless. The concept for Youtify is great.
| | PROACTIVE REPORT
AUGUST 7, 2010 Active Twitter Users Are Your Most Influential Consumers
Active Twitter users are three times more likely to impact a brand’s online reputation via Tweets, blog posts, articles and product reviews than the average consumer, according to a new survey by Exact Target. Key findings : Twitter users want to influence others. Your Twitter followers are your most influential consumers – 3X more likely to publish content online.
| || || || |
WWW.MASTERNEWMEDIA.ORG Online Content Distribution: Guide To The Best Content Syndication Services
| THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 23, 2010
Print this article | Read this article in: | IT | PT | ES | Online Content Distribution: Guide To The Best Content Syndication
Services Online content distribution services allow you to syndicate
your content to other web publishers while improving your prestige, visibility and in some cases, even your end-of-month revenue. The content you produce on your site is syndicated
to relevant distribution partners who are free to to re-contextualize your original content in the way they see most fitting. You can also submit your own content to syndicate
to other web sites. MORE >>
ADAM SHERK An Early Look at Facebook Open Graph Protocol Integration on News.
| MONDAY, APRIL 26, 2010
Home About Contact PR Publishing SEO Social Media Subscribe Adam Sherk An Early Look at Facebook Open Graph Protocol Integration on News Sites by Adam Sherk on April 26, 2010 There has been a lot of news and reaction around Facebook’s new additions to the Facebook Platform: Social Plugins, the Open Graph protocol and the Graph API
. News and content sites are a natural fit for participation and Facebook is encouraging news site adoption by showcasing sites that are already experimenting with it. You can jump to the end for the Takeaways ). MORE >>
CONVERSTATIONS Feedburner Issues – Let’s Not Panic
| TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 25, 2012
While this posting may get a bit technical, I’ll try to keep things super-simple … News that FeedBurner APIs
are going away has some people running for solutions. Feedburner is a tool that allows many, many sites, and blogs (including this one) to have their updates automatically syndicated
and sent out so people who subscribe (free) via a news reader or email alert get notified – many times with the full post. An API
( an acronym for Application Programming Interface) is …well, it’s a … an API
is sorta like your garage door opener. MORE >>
SOSHABLE How Will Twitter Generate Revenue
| MONDAY, MARCH 15, 2010
It has been widely reported that Twitter
will soon be unveiling a monetization solution. Twitter
certainly has many ways to go about revenue generation. At the end of 2009 – Twitter
inked deals with Google and Bing to syndicate
their Tweets to those respective engines. It was reported that Twitter
was paid a bounty for this data. While these deals can bake in a revenue stream for Twitter
– it most certainly isn’t the end goal. According to Alexa, Twitter
is the 12th most visited site on the internet. Blast. Share it. MORE >>
STEVE RUBEL Lifestreaming: Evolving the Model from Import and Aggregate to Hub.
| FRIDAY, AUGUST 27, 2010
Now that Facebook acquired Friendfeed and the noise on Twitter
is at near cacophonous levels, I am seeing a new model emerge for lifestreaming. This one centers on using a site as your hub, having it syndicate
out to all your spokes (where you engage around it) and then bringing some of the conversation back to your site. Facebook, Twitter
and RSS all have a big problem - too much noise, not enough signal. Thats the true model for syndication
and aggregation of conversations related to social objects. This also is true for twitter
/ facebook status updates. MORE >>
- Once Upon a Time With Klout….The Final Chapters UNSPOKEN | SATURDAY, DECEMBER 10, 2011
- Marketing via Aggregation, Filtering and Curation – Tools and Resources AGGREGAGE BLOG | MONDAY, JANUARY 31, 2011
- Social Media From A to Z: A Glossary PAMORAMA | WEDNESDAY, JUNE 30, 2010
- 17 Digital Marketing Experts Share Their Top Tips, Tricks, and Tools TECHIPEDIA: TAMAR WEINBERG | TUESDAY, AUGUST 2, 2011
- 6 Ways to Filter Your RSS Feeds - ReadWriteWeb BUZZ MARKETING FOR TECHNOLOGY | FRIDAY, JUNE 27, 2008
- 5 Essential Spreadsheets for Social Media Analytics MASHABLE.COM | WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 15, 2012
- 35 Great Social Media Infographics PAMORAMA | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 3, 2010
- 4 Reasons the Social Business Evolution Starts Now CONVINCE & CONVERT | TUESDAY, MARCH 2, 2010
- Social Media is Affecting Our Communication Patterns Online PROACTIVE REPORT | WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 25, 2010
- The Fifteen Classes of the Social Business Software Suite (Q4, 2010) WWW.WEB-STRATEGIST.COM | SUNDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2010
- Which News Sites Get the Most Social Media Engagement? ADAM SHERK | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 6, 2010
- 5 Proven Strategies for B2B Social Media Marketing MASHABLE.COM | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2010
- Best Internet Marketing Posts of 2008: Social Media, SEO, and More " techipedia | tamar weinberg TECHIPEDIA: TAMAR WEINBERG | WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 14, 2009
- Open Research: A Framework for Social Analytics WWW.WEB-STRATEGIST.COM | SUNDAY, AUGUST 14, 2011
- HOW TO: Activate Your Brand's Super Influencers MASHABLE.COM | FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 12, 2010
- List of Social Media Management Systems (SMMS) WWW.WEB-STRATEGIST.COM | SUNDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2010
- 50 Ways to use Social Media, listed by Objective « Web Strategy by Jeremiah Owyang | Social Media, Web Marketing WWW.WEB-STRATEGIST.COM | WEDNESDAY, MAY 13, 2009
- 23 WordPress Plugins I Use: Part 5 ARI HERZOG | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 12, 2010
- 5 Tips for Great Content Curation MASHABLE.COM | SUNDAY, APRIL 29, 2012
- Paywall for News.com and Online Community Social Media LAUREL PAPWORTH | SATURDAY, OCTOBER 22, 2011
- Content vs. Community: How Online Publishers Can Nurture Both MASHABLE.COM | SATURDAY, AUGUST 20, 2011
- Why Curation Is Just as Important as Creation [OPINION] MASHABLE.COM | THURSDAY, MARCH 8, 2012
- Should You Outsource Your Social Media Efforts? MASHABLE.COM | MONDAY, APRIL 11, 2011
- Create a World-Class Online Community for Your Business MASHABLE.COM | WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 26, 2011
- What to Look For When Hiring a Community Manager MASHABLE.COM | WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 26, 2011
- Integrate Social Networks with your Corporate Website with ‘Social Sign On’ WWW.WEB-STRATEGIST.COM | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2010
- 5 Proven Strategies for B2B Social Media Marketing MASHABLE.COM | THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 4, 2010
- Making Data Relevant: The New Metrics for Social Marketing MASHABLE.COM | WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 26, 2011
- HOW TO: Properly Use Badges to Engage Customers MASHABLE.COM | SATURDAY, AUGUST 20, 2011
- Brand Monitoring, Social Analytics, Social Insights WWW.WEB-STRATEGIST.COM | SUNDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2010
- Social Media Toolkit - The Digital Strategist WWW.MICHAELFRUCHTER.COM | SUNDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2010
- Social Media Toolkit - The Digital Strategist WWW.MICHAELFRUCHTER.COM | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2010
- Real-Time News Curation - The Complete Guide Part 6: The Tools Universe WWW.MASTERNEWMEDIA.ORG | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 14, 2010
- Social Web BUZZ MARKETING FOR TECHNOLOGY | FRIDAY, JUNE 27, 2008
Social Media Informer can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.