| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | ALEX BLOM
JUNE 21, 2009 overboard: why ads stopped working
AlexBlom (Alexander Blom) Twitter Comment Ty for RTing my blog. RT @Kosireddi @AlexBlom Overboard: Why ads stopped working | Alex's Blog [link to post] - Posted using Chat Catcher mattsparks88 (Matt Halliwell) Twitter Comment @AlexBlom no worries mate. Posted using Chat Catcher AlexBlom (Alexander Blom) Twitter Comment @mattsparks88 Thanks for RTing my latest blog 'Overboard: Why ads stopped working' [link to post] - Posted using Chat Catcher AlexBlom Hi Matt, Agreed. How to Build & Sell Through a Community Part 2: Why? Ad rates are declining!
| | ALEX BLOM
AUGUST 28, 2010 Why Social Media gurus should be trampled by elephants
ve been ‘doing the Twitter’ for years now and social media gurus there is what teenage girls once were to Myspace. Several weeks ago I wrote that social media is not new. only partially called out the pony, rainbow and unicorn practitioner’s though. Worse, these gurus claim to be offering professional services. If I had my say they would all be trampled by elephants. So, without further ado, here are my top 5 reasons your social media guy needs to be trampled by an elephant. Ponies, Rainbows and Unicorns. Ask them what they do. Now, my friends, is when we run screaming. Tweet This!
| || || |
| | ALEX BLOM
JUNE 27, 2010 A quick and dirty study on Social Media
As many of the respondents (around 65%) located the survey on Twitter you can say that the pool is somewhat biased when comparing channels. Twitter was considered the most important channel, perhaps due to ease of access and simplicity. Company blogs came in last; my best guess on this one is that company blogs are rarely conversations whereas Facebook Pages and Twitter profiles are often very conversation heavy. As always I love the e-mail, Twitter and comment feedback. How to Build & Sell Through a Community Part 2: Why? Read into the facts as you will.
| | ALEX BLOM
AUGUST 8, 2010 Social Media is NOT new
Now the chain stores are in (Facebook, Twitter). Engage. Form Relationships. Share content. Social is the new currency. Social Media is the answer. There has been a fundamental shift in how we communicate. m sick of hearing it. This is not new information. How we communicate now is how great communicators have always worked their trade. Word of Mouth has always been powerful. Social Media may be a new term but the theories and fundamentals are not. My argument is that excluding the new term, social media is nothing new. What is Social Media? There are many definitions of social media.
| | ALEX BLOM
JULY 3, 2010 It’s all in the build-up
feel obliged here to also point out that this is not a case of blogger or influencers being crybabies (as has been insinuated on Twitter). Wednesday night I got to meet Richard Branson, not just for a brief handshake. We originally met downstairs where the quick photo shtick happened and later I found myself in the heavily restricted VIP area. I’ve also received free return tickets on Virgin America which I will blog about soon. The problem is most of the bloggers were pissed off and none of this was the fault of Virgin. Know who you are targeting. Influencers are networkers.
| | ALEX BLOM
JUNE 8, 2010 In which I delete 4000 LinkedIN Contacts
There were no Twitter’s, Facebook Fan Pages were not yet attracting enough professionals, LinkedIn was the place to be to make connections. Now I have tools such as Twitter, my blog and Facebook Pages to mass interact with my audience. Otherwise you will just have to deail with my Twitter, blog, phone and e-mail. Tagged as: facebook , linkedin , open networking , twitter Asperger's Awareness I agree with your strategy here. How to Build & Sell Through a Community Part 2: Why? I’m expecting a flaming for this one but here goes. More power to you!
| || || || |
ALEX BLOM How to Build & Sell Through a Community Part 2: Why?
| WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 4, 2010
You may build your community over Twitter
, Facebook, LinkedIN or something more obscure. Twitter
users enjoy short, rapid pulse mobile communications whereas LinkedIN users communicate less but with more depth. For example, Grasshopper Buzz have built a strong Twitter
community creating buzz with existing clients and exciting new potentials. There are a tonne of communities.There are many people on Twitter
. Note: This is part two of my series ‘How to Build & Sell through a Community’. Click here for part one. Last week was a general run-down. Message. Channels. MORE >>
ALEX BLOM Scheduling tweets: A race to the bottom
| SUNDAY, AUGUST 15, 2010
success is because I actively read my home page and private lists to see what certain users, segments and locations are saying. My Twitter
page contains the same information and active content generation / conversations. My Foursquare plugs in to Twitter
. I will kick this post off with a confession: I have scheduled the odd tweet or two. Usually when something is so important I want to tweet it once, twice or three times to drive some serious traffic. Or sometimes there is something I really want to share but have just barraged my stream with 10 tweets. MORE >>
ALEX BLOM PR Nightmares: Handle them Quick & Dirty
| SUNDAY, APRIL 25, 2010
? How to Build & Sell Through a Community Part 2: Why? Pivoting (for those who don’t know what/why) It’s all in the build-up A quick and dirty study on Social Media Alex Blom Digital & Social Media Marketing, Toronto Home About Consulting Contact Me PR Nightmares: Handle them Quick & Dirty by Alexander Blom on April 26, 2010 in Thoughts, tips & advice Spread it! While this post has been inspired by Blippy most firms, at some point, are going to face a lashing from the media. So, you are getting slammed? Rank them by importance. Online? MORE >>
ALEX BLOM Doing something new with #FollowFriday
| FRIDAY, JUNE 11, 2010
hope this adds value to your Twitter
stream, the people I suggest are always adding value to my stream. Kathy P.S. And THANK YOU forever for giving me my first "#FollowFriday when I started on Twitter
. How to Build & Sell Through a Community Part 2: Why? Pivoting (for those who don’t know what/why) It’s all in the build-up A quick and dirty study on Social Media Alex Blom Digital & Social Media Marketing, Toronto Home About Consulting Contact Me Doing something new with #FollowFriday by Alexander Blom on June 11, 2010 in Follow Friday Spread it! Connole www.i-blogger.info MORE >>
ALEX BLOM The iPad will not save publishing
| TUESDAY, MAY 18, 2010
Great to connect with you here (not just Twitter
!) How to Build & Sell Through a Community Part 2: Why? Pivoting (for those who don’t know what/why) It’s all in the build-up A quick and dirty study on Social Media Alex Blom Digital & Social Media Marketing, Toronto Home About Consulting Contact Me The iPad will not save publishing by Alexander Blom on May 18, 2010 in Thoughts, tips & advice Spread it! It is natural for publishers to flock to digital mediums, with far lower distribution and the total elimination of printing costs. We like to see and feel things. MORE >>
- explaining social media – the knockout ALEX BLOM | WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 5, 2009
- Explaining Social Media – The Knockout ALEX BLOM | WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 5, 2009
- Well played Twitter! ALEX BLOM | THURSDAY, APRIL 15, 2010
- Monitoring Keywords = Sales ALEX BLOM | SATURDAY, MAY 15, 2010
- Some notes on Affiliates & Referrer Marketing ALEX BLOM | SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 5, 2010
- The Hacker News Effect ALEX BLOM | SATURDAY, APRIL 17, 2010
- Follow Friday #7: Kathy Magrino (@kathymagrino) ALEX BLOM | FRIDAY, AUGUST 6, 2010
- How to Build & Sell through a Community (Series) ALEX BLOM | MONDAY, JULY 26, 2010
- Why I @ so much ALEX BLOM | WEDNESDAY, JUNE 3, 2009
- why i @ so much ALEX BLOM | WEDNESDAY, JUNE 3, 2009
- Why are you blogging? ALEX BLOM | MONDAY, JUNE 14, 2010
- Follow Friday #8: Spencer Thompson (@sokanu @sthomps) ALEX BLOM | FRIDAY, AUGUST 13, 2010
- Follow Friday #5: Ian Redden ALEX BLOM | FRIDAY, JULY 23, 2010
- Surface Questions are useless ALEX BLOM | SUNDAY, AUGUST 1, 2010
- Follow Friday #3: Brent Hathaway (@brenthathaway) ALEX BLOM | FRIDAY, JUNE 25, 2010
- is video the future of social networking & branding? ALEX BLOM | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 15, 2009
- Follow Friday #4: Tina Brooks (@pepperfire) ALEX BLOM | FRIDAY, JULY 2, 2010
- the last person on my list ALEX BLOM | SUNDAY, AUGUST 9, 2009
- I saw your tweet ALEX BLOM | TUESDAY, JUNE 22, 2010
- Too much noise! Too many channels! Eeek! ALEX BLOM | MONDAY, MARCH 8, 2010
- Groupon vs Local Papers: Sometimes control is good ALEX BLOM | THURSDAY, JULY 1, 2010
- a little rant on piracy ALEX BLOM | WEDNESDAY, MAY 20, 2009
- innovate, don't defend ALEX BLOM | MONDAY, AUGUST 3, 2009
- Decisions: The future of this blog? ALEX BLOM | MONDAY, JULY 27, 2009
- decisions: the future of this blog? ALEX BLOM | MONDAY, JULY 27, 2009
- don't forget the others ALEX BLOM | FRIDAY, JULY 24, 2009
- Free eBook: Social Media Workout ALEX BLOM | THURSDAY, APRIL 22, 2010
- Innovate, Don't Defend ALEX BLOM | MONDAY, AUGUST 3, 2009
- knowing when to pull back ALEX BLOM | MONDAY, JUNE 8, 2009
Social Media Informer can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.