| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | FRESHNETWORKS
NOVEMBER 21, 2011 New stats: The impact of social media on holiday choices
Tweet Hotels, tour operators and travel providers looking to cash in on winter sun and summer breaks for 2012 would do well to pay attention to the effectiveness of their social media strategy and how social media is having an impact on how their customers choose holidays. One in ten people switched resorts after using social media. Tweet This! Share this on Facebook. Post on Google Buzz.
| | FRESHNETWORKS
AUGUST 15, 2010 How social media is changing the way we travel
Many things have changes over this period – I’m older, have travelled a lot more and am now more likely to stay in hotels than camp rough – but the biggest change is the way that social media is helping me do things I could never do back then. So what does this mean for the travel industry? Social media is changing the way we travel. Image via Wikipedia.
| || || |
| | FRESHNETWORKS
SEPTEMBER 6, 2010 How BBC London is experimenting with social media to cover the Tube strike
If it works and attracts a sizeable and relevant audience then they can develop these tools and experiments to enhance the news and travel coverage they currently provide. Tags: Matt Rhodes Social Media Social media for the travel industry Word of Mouth BBC London BBC London News freshnetworks. Image by jamesmellor via Flickr. If you are based out of London you probably care less.
| | FRESHNETWORKS
SEPTEMBER 1, 2010 Why Foursquare is the (almost) perfect travelling companion
wrote previously about how social media is changing travel , comparing a journey I have just taken traveling across the Balkans and Greece with a trip I took 15 years ago across Western Europe. The rise of social media has changed the way we travel. It has given us new opportunities to help plan our travel, and to help us whilst we are en route. And in an unexpected way.
| | FRESHNETWORKS
JANUARY 4, 2012 Moving on from TripAdvisor: How Expedia plans to make travel more social
Tweet Often hailed as the top travel review aggregation site, TripAdvisor launched as an independent company on December 20th 2011 after separating from parent travel booking company Expedia. And the valuation of TripAdvisor at nearly $4bn is testament to its success as a social travel site, highlighting the value of social media for the travel industry. Tweet This!
| | FRESHNETWORKS
APRIL 24, 2012 How are the top hotel brands innovating in social media?
The report suggests that these sites send 39% less traffic to online-travel-agents, indicating increased confidence from customers, and presumably a lower need to navigate away to other pages for research. The visually rich nature of travel content means that there is clear scope for further use of sites such as Pinterest and Tumblr. The top 20 brands: 1. Four Seasons. Regis. Hyatt.
| || || || |
FRESHNETWORKS Using social media in the travel and leisure industry (video)
| FRIDAY, JULY 30, 2010
One sector that is really embracing social media is the travel
and leisure industry. We have seen some great uses commercially from companies like Marriott and InterContinental and Expedia but social media really works well in the travel
and leisure industry when it is used in real time. See our video post on Social media in the travel
and leisure industry below. And it is an industry well suited to social media and online communities – people share an experience or situation and this provides a reason for them to connect and engage with each other (and with a brand). MORE >>
FRESHNETWORKS 6 areas where social media can be used in the insurance customer value chain
| WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 24, 2011
This could be particularly valuable for travel
and car insurance companies. For example, travel
insurers could provide useful advice about keeping valuables safe in hostile environments or extreme weather conditions. Image courtesy of Ernst & Young. In a recent report, Ernst and Young lookedspecifically at how social media be used in the insurance customer value chain. Here’s a summary of the findings, with some of our own thoughts: 1. Research products. Customers are using dedicated price comparison sites in order to research insurance products. Obtain quotes. MORE >>
FRESHNETWORKS Which UK Airport is best at engaging on Twitter? (Answer: Manchester)
| SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 18, 2011
Airports play an important role in many travel
plans. Few people will feel that they are choosing and buying services from airports as they probably travel
through an airport because the cheapest or most convenient flight goes through there. They are focused on engaging travellers
and helping them to navigate their way through the airport as efficiently as possible. Matt Rhodes Social media Social media for the travel
industryGood is a clear, focused strategy. There is one clear winner in this ranking: Manchester Airport. UK Airports on Twitter: Ranking. Tweet This! MORE >>
FRESHNETWORKS 1 in 4 UK consumers use Tripadvisor before they book their holiday
| SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 14, 2010
Given the plurality of information now out there – online and offline – for people to research and get advice on their travel
choices, this number is very high. 35% decided to change their choice of hotel, 15% changed their travel
agent or tour operator, and 12% decided to visit a different country altogether. And those that do this research are likely to change their plans and original travel
decisions. Image by un punto in movimento via Flickr. In the last year, almost 1 in every 4 UK holidaymakers used Tripadvisor to research their holiday before they booked. MORE >>
FRESHNETWORKS Instagram and the growing power of photography in social media
| MONDAY, JANUARY 30, 2012
It also travels
across linguistic boundaries with ease. Tweet Into the valley of Death. The Crimean War of the 1850s was a revolution in communication. For the first time reports from the battlefield were returned in what felt like near-real-time thanks to the electric telegraph transmitting messages in just hours rather than them having to be sent by horse across Europe. Many people complained about the impact of this real-time news, and the harm that it did reporting on the events tragedies of the war as they happened. And it could be even more powerful. Photography is different. MORE >>
- One in three UK holidaymakers write online reviews FRESHNETWORKS | MONDAY, APRIL 19, 2010
- Using Twitter for customer service: @ChilternRailway FRESHNETWORKS | FRIDAY, JUNE 10, 2011
- Why a museum is the UK’s top brand on Twitter FRESHNETWORKS | SUNDAY, JUNE 13, 2010
- The brave new world of Traveler 2.0 FRESHNETWORKS | SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 6, 2009
- Social media perks – how @ChilternRailway rewards its regular customers FRESHNETWORKS | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 7, 2011
- 16 top podcasts – social media, marketing and more FRESHNETWORKS | TUESDAY, MARCH 2, 2010
- Why are Capital One and American Express the top financial services brands on Facebook? FRESHNETWORKS | FRIDAY, JANUARY 27, 2012
- Formula One team social media rankings FRESHNETWORKS | WEDNESDAY, JULY 4, 2012
- David Cameron’s India trade mission and FreshNetworks FRESHNETWORKS | TUESDAY, JULY 27, 2010
- India businesses top users of social media for customer acquisition FRESHNETWORKS | TUESDAY, JULY 27, 2010
- SXSW learnings: Dynamic Pricing FRESHNETWORKS | TUESDAY, MARCH 13, 2012
- FreshNetworks Blog: Top five posts in August FRESHNETWORKS | SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 5, 2010
- Social media as a travel tool during the great Christmas getaway FRESHNETWORKS | THURSDAY, DECEMBER 24, 2009
- The lies behind online ratings and reviews FRESHNETWORKS | FRIDAY, MARCH 27, 2009
- Using experts to get real engagement in online communities FRESHNETWORKS | FRIDAY, APRIL 3, 2009
- The benefits (and challenges) of user-generated news FRESHNETWORKS | TUESDAY, JUNE 30, 2009
- Three popular series from the FreshNetworks Blog in 2009 FRESHNETWORKS | SUNDAY, JANUARY 3, 2010
- From business requirements to social media solutions FRESHNETWORKS | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 8, 2009
- Finding the powerful benefits of a social media solution FRESHNETWORKS | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 30, 2009
- Why all brands can benefit from buzz tracking (not just the X-Factor) FRESHNETWORKS | SUNDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2009
- How Twitter can make or break a movie FRESHNETWORKS | MONDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2009
- Thomson Holidays – how a blogger can impact your brand reputation FRESHNETWORKS | MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 21, 2009
- Dear Social Media: Sorry I took you for granted FRESHNETWORKS | FRIDAY, JUNE 5, 2009
- Examples of online communities in the travel industry FRESHNETWORKS | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 11, 2009
Social Media Informer can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.