| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | SPIN SUCKS
MARCH 8, 2012 Five Ways to Measure Social Media Efforts
explained I had just given the opening keynote at the Retail Packaging Association trade show on using the web for business growth. A couple of weeks ago, I was standing in line at security in the Ft. Lauderdale airport. was fascinated at the three and a half hour line (which I thankfully didn’t have to go through) and commented on it to the guy standing behind me. said, “Yeah.
| | SPIN SUCKS
JUNE 28, 2012 Social Media Campaigns Don’t Match When Consumers Are Online
And now there’s a new study out from YesMai l, which looked at the social networks of 20 popular clothing retailers in order to discover how email boosts social engagement, what times of day and week are most effective, and how to standardize some of your engagement in order to succeed. . Ever wonder how much content you should be producing? and 12 a.m. to 7 p.m. ET, even though 5 a.m.
| || || |
| | SPIN SUCKS
MARCH 8, 2011 QR Codes & Mobile: The Time is Now
One major retailer has created a campaign with a QR code as it’s centerpiece and through their marketing efforts, they are educating more consumers about QR codes. Now that Macy’s, Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren, and other mainstream brands and retailers have embraced QR codes in their marketing, the time is right to look into using them for your business. Email messages or addresses.
| | SPIN SUCKS
OCTOBER 16, 2012 The Complete Marketing Communications Measurement Guide
Let’s say your goal is to drive more retail sales. If your goal is to drive more retail sales, use tools that drive people into your store and create loyalty, such as Foursquare or Belly. The Spin Sucks community is an interesting one. Because of that mixed bag of goodies, the readers come from all walks of life and are not all communications professionals. love that. Do it.
| | SPIN SUCKS
AUGUST 2, 2010 The Time for Location-Based Marketing Is Now | Spin Sucks
Huge cost saver for the retailer and frankly cuts weight out of my handbag. And so now you “own social media for this fictional company with over 5,000 retail locations and you’re trying to figure out how to best deploy a location-based service in that fictional company. Let’s put this into perspective. WHY would you wait? Do you like this post? Leave a comment!
| | SPIN SUCKS
FEBRUARY 22, 2012 Seven Tips for Gaining Business from Speaking Engagements
For instance, this weekend I’m speaking at the Retail Packaging Association trade show. More than three years ago, I decided I would go on the speaking circuit to see if we could drum up some business that way. The first year sucked. did 40 speaking engagements in 2010 – some free and some paid. And not one brought us any business. You see, I’m not a salesperson. was wrong.
| || || || |
SPIN SUCKS Reconsider Fashion PR
| THURSDAY, AUGUST 9, 2012
The High Low – Backed by Liz Claiborne, this industry blog covers retail
trends with a focus on e-commerce. Today’s guest post is written by Crosby Noricks. The fashion PR industry has a pretty interesting story to tell if you can look beyond the Avant-Garde (unwearable) runway creations to the clusters of people backstage, dressed in black, with clipboards, walkie-talkies, and this season’s must-have manicure. The issue lies in the disconnect between what students are being taught, and where they want to apply their skills. Vogue produces digital-only editorial content. disagree? MORE >>
SPIN SUCKS The PR Nightmare for Walmart
| TUESDAY, APRIL 24, 2012
And the giant retailer
will be left with a PR crisis that will hurt its reputation for years to come, not to mention the distraction the company is facing for most of the rest of this year. I would be remiss if I didn’t blog about the PR nightmare Walmart has caused itself by allegedly covering up the bribes they paid Mexican officials in exchange for getting building permits faster and other favors to help it aggressively expand in the region. The attorney dispatched a committee to Mexico City and found, yes indeed, there was suspicion both Mexican and U.S. laws had been broken. MORE >>
SPIN SUCKS The Pinterest Debate Between Two Friends
| WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 25, 2012
But if you’re a retailer
, in fashion, have a restaurant, or sell anything that is visual, Pinterest is something you definitely should be considering for your 2012 marketing plans. This post is running concurrently on Future Comms. On Facebook just after the first of the year, Paul Sutton posted something about not understanding what the big deal is about Pinterest. It won’t be a surprise to you that I commented. said something about how he was off his rocker (except I think I was a bit more nice than that). So he challenged me to a duel. so I accepted. See what you think! MORE >>
SPIN SUCKS How to Emulate the World’s Powerful Brands Using Social Media
| TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 1, 2011
They are the most popular retailer
on Twitter and is a leading example of Twitter’s power to build millions of relationships a single customer at a time. Natalie Sisson is an intrepid traveler and Kiwi entrepreneur who currently lives out of a suitcase. Don’t you just love to hate those big name brands who always seem to be getting right? You know the ones I’m referring to – The Apple gods, the addictive Starbucks and the sensual Victoria’s Secrets ? At the same time you have to love them because they’re doing a great job at furthering their brand reputation and personality. MORE >>
SPIN SUCKS Augmented Reality for PR and Marketing Pros
| THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 20, 2012
Think of it as being placed in a 3D world while you read a magazine or shop in a retail
store. I spoke last night to the PRSA Central Ohio chapter. really love Columbus. It’s a great little town and, every time I visit, people are sooooo nice to me. was there for all of three hours, but I still felt very welcome. One of the things we talked about was augmented reality. realized as we chatted, I spend a lot of time showing examples of this cool new trends when I speak, but I’ve never shared it with you. Be prepared to be amazed! What is Augmented Reality ? Some Examples. MORE >>
- What the Changing World of PR Means to Today’s Organizations SPIN SUCKS | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 2, 2012
- Dear Pinterest: I Loathe You No Longer SPIN SUCKS | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 10, 2012
- Five Priorities for Your Online Advertising SPIN SUCKS | TUESDAY, AUGUST 7, 2012
- Social Media and Its Effect On Suicide SPIN SUCKS | THURSDAY, MAY 31, 2012
- Agency vs. Corporate: Which One Is Best for You? SPIN SUCKS | THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 8, 2011
- Gin and Topics: Crazy Football Fans and Awkward Pregnancy Photos SPIN SUCKS | FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 14, 2012
- Using Competition to Drive Brand Engagement SPIN SUCKS | TUESDAY, JULY 19, 2011
- How Chicago Cabbie Grows Business Using Social Media SPIN SUCKS | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 14, 2011
- Be the Leader In Your Industry: Blaze the Trail SPIN SUCKS | MONDAY, AUGUST 29, 2011
- A New and Prosperous Economy SPIN SUCKS | TUESDAY, AUGUST 23, 2011
- Three Possibilities for Social Commerce SPIN SUCKS | WEDNESDAY, JULY 6, 2011
- You No Longer Control Your Company's Brand | Spin Sucks SPIN SUCKS | TUESDAY, AUGUST 31, 2010
- Five Ways to Be Productive While Unemployed SPIN SUCKS | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 7, 2011
- Geo-Location Marketing | Spin Sucks SPIN SUCKS | THURSDAY, JULY 22, 2010
- Two Dollar Waffle Irons, Boycotts, and Big Marketing Ideas SPIN SUCKS | WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 30, 2011
- Boxing Day: No Rest for the Social SPIN SUCKS | MONDAY, DECEMBER 26, 2011
- Facebook Places: Be Cautiously Curious | Spin Sucks SPIN SUCKS | MONDAY, AUGUST 23, 2010
- Building Your Online Presence Around Mobile Payments SPIN SUCKS | WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 17, 2010
- The Myth of Black Friday and Why We Should End It SPIN SUCKS | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 21, 2010
- Open 24 Hours: Marketing Messages Are Everywhere SPIN SUCKS | THURSDAY, AUGUST 12, 2010
- Why “No Comment” is the Worst Thing You Can Say SPIN SUCKS | MONDAY, MARCH 14, 2011
- The Top Five Stories for Week Ending Dec. 10, 2010 SPIN SUCKS | FRIDAY, DECEMBER 10, 2010
- A Rose By Any Other Name…Might Not Be As Marketable | Spin Sucks SPIN SUCKS | THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 16, 2010
Social Media Informer can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.