Skip to main

4 Social Media Marketing Events You Won’t Want to Miss

Authors: Amy Schmittauer Amy Schmittauer
Posted Under: Social Media
Listen to this Article

badge-guest-post-FLATTERLast year, I shared the importance of taking conversations offline to grow your business and suggested some great events to help make that happen in 2012. Hopefully you were able to make it to at least one, but either way this year is looking even better for in-person events that will help you step outside of the blogs and get social to better your digital strategy.

Check out these 4 marketing conferences you can’t miss this year:

Home - Ohio Growth SummitOhio Growth Summit

June 6, 2013 Columbus, Ohio

2012 keynote speaker and CEO of Arment Dietrich Gini Dietrich announced during her presentation last year that Ohio Growth Summit was the best conference she had ever attended. She even tweeted it. So I believe her. This event is held by the Ohio Small Business Development Center at Columbus State Community College. I have the pleasure of working with OGS for my second year and the speakers only seem to get better (which makes my job awesome). In recent years Jay Baer set the bar with his co-author Amber Naslund in 2011. Gini and Paul Evans made 2012 absolutely stellar. And this year we’ll be hearing from Anthony Iannarino from The Sales Blog and Amber Mac from The Social Hour on TWiT for our keynote presentations. More information, including what to expect from breakout workshops (where you might see another familiar face, Jess Ostroff), are available on the event website. (Use “Jess” in the promo code section to get 20% off your registration.)

socialfreshwest 6 Great Conferences to Attend Before the End of 2012Social Fresh Conference

August 22-23, 2013, San Diego, CA

Due to popular demand, Social Fresh Conference is back in San Diego this year. A more intimate setting of around 400 attendees and (intentionally) not growing, this conference is known for great networking opportunities in addition to desireable big brand experience. With communications representatives from companies like Southwest Airlines, Machinima, the Chicago White Sox, and Billboard, it’s an amazing opportunity to see what social relations looks like in a large-scale, high-profile setting. It’s also much more fast-paced as speakers only have 30 minutes with their audience, encouraging a direct hit on the key takeaways that you’re looking for. Learn more about Social Fresh Conference on their website.

Content Marketing World 2013Content Marketing World

September 9-11, 2013, Cleveland, Ohio

Another hot one in Ohio! Content Marketing World is in its third year in the buckeye state getting back to its roots in Cleveland later this year. The name really says it all because it’s the place to be if you want to learn from the best in content digital marketing strategy. Jay will be opening the conference with a keynote stressing the importance of helpful marketing rather than over-selling and he is followed by more A-list teachers like Brian Clark, Ann Handley, Lee Odden and Jeff Rohrs. For a serious deep dive with top-notch talent in content creation, this is a can’t miss event. Read more about their agenda and lineup for this September on their website.

Social Brand 2013Social Brand Forum 2013

October 24-25, 2013, Coralville, Iowa

Social Brand Forum is an intimate event in Iowa’s Creative Corridors to bring all size organizations together to learn, brainstorm and network with social media marketing leaders. After its first ever event, Social Fresh named it a Top 10 Social Media Conference last year. Similar to Ohio Growth Summit, this event is very accessible in both price point and content for brands who are trying to familiarize themselves more with digital media and how it can be used as a marketing vehicle. Familiar names pop up here such as Jay, Gini and Lee but also Jason Falls, Marcus Sheridan and DJ Waldow. Nick Westergaard of Brand Driven Digital is heading up this event in its second year and you can learn more about it on the company’s website.

What events are you planning on that I left out? Share them in the comments.

Blog Banner Image

Get our best tips in your inbox! Join the smartest marketers who receive our ON newsletter.

Join the Social Pros LinkedIn Community

Join a community of real social pros doing social media on LinkedIn. Receive all the inspiration and ideas straight to your feed and add your thoughts to the conversation.

Follow Social Pros on LinkedIn

Subscribe to Social Pros Podcast

b2b influencer

Ready to Get Started?

I am looking for...

(Required)