| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | SOCMED SEAN
FEBRUARY 3, 2013 [Feed] BrainDump: 101+ Things You MUST Know About Social Media For Business
If you doubt that, read my Twitter feed …not an oatmeal tweet to be found. Since the whole purpose of this blog is to share my thoughts and experiences, I thought it might be a good exercise to just dump out the items that come to mind first on certain topics. So, here they are. learn from your experience too. Social media takes time and energy. measurement plan. content plan. Cheers!
| | SOCMED SEAN
APRIL 14, 2012 [Feed] Will Facebook Always Be Free? Probably Not For Everyone!
Periodically, someone in my Facebook feed will post a link to a Facebook Page about the “Keep Facebook Free Revolution” or “ Stop Facebook from charging $4/month “ Until this point, these have all be hoaxes that tend to generate a lot of Likes and Shares, because people want Facebook to be free and get irritated when they hear rumors of Facebook proposing charges.
FEBRUARY 18, 2016 | SOCMED SEAN
[Feed] Is Setting Your Facebook Profile To Private Really Enough To Protect Your Privacy?
FEBRUARY 15, 2016 | SOCMED SEAN
[Feed] The Second Most Important Button On LinkedIn And Why You Should Click It
NOVEMBER 24, 2015 | SOCMED SEAN
[Feed] Quick Tip – Searching Your Facebook Timeline For A Specific Post
SEPTEMBER 11, 2015 | SOCMED SEAN
[Feed] Funny Friday: What Twitter Needs
AUGUST 15, 2015 | SOCMED SEAN
[Feed] One Super-Easy Way To Convert Traffic And Avoid 404 Errors
FEBRUARY 9, 2014 | SOCMED SEAN
[Feed] How Do I Turn Off The Trending Box In Facebook?
| | SOCMED SEAN
NOVEMBER 27, 2011 [Feed] 10 Surefire Ways To Avoid Looking Like A Twitter NooB
Click the Follow button and their status updates will start appearing in your home feed. This search identifies tweets relating to community management by searching the #cmgr hashtag 6) Set up some searches and conversations to follow – In TweetDeck and HootSuite, your home feed represents the tweets from people you are following. So, you’re ready to Tweet, right? Learn.
| | SOCMED SEAN
SEPTEMBER 3, 2012 [Feed] Can Social Media Disrupt Your Life Or Career? 5 Tips For Managing The Timesink
Worker Smarter - Rather than spending your time surfing sites or reading tweets, have the content your really care about delivered to you using RSS feeds or through targeted Twitter lists. Social media offers a lot of great opportunities and access to information. At the extreme, it might even end up in a lost job or a failed relationship. Cheers! –Sean.
| | SOCMED SEAN
APRIL 17, 2012 [Feed] Social Media Isn’t About The Numbers! Or Is It?
To be honest, I love that LinkedIn is now feeding me articles that are popular with those that I connect with. I’ve said it once, I’ll say it again. If you ask me what my Klout score is …I’ll likely vomit. Too many folks get caught up in the numbers game when it comes to social media. So, should you ignore the numbers? Maybe. Maybe not. To what avail? ABSOLUTELY!
| | SOCMED SEAN
DECEMBER 21, 2011 [Feed] Think Twice About Automating Your Social Media Efforts
Personally, I do leverage tools like Paper.li, but as an aggregation tool, not for the purpose of filler tweets. I do schedule some of my blog posts and tweets, especially when I know that I’ll be in meetings throughout the day, that way I don’t spam my feed with 10-15 links at the same time during the 30 minutes that I have to surf the web or stumble some favorite site. Cheers!
SOCMED SEAN | SATURDAY, JUNE 23, 2012 [Feed] Opting-Out Of Facebook Sponsored Stories May Be On The Way
” as a Facebook status update, then Facebook could re-purpose that post and and add this advertisement to any of my friends’ news feeds: This blog post brought to you by Facebook Ads…just kidding Unfortunately, regardless of whether you liked by a pawn in Facebook’s advertising game, there was no way to opt-out of being part of the program. In 2011, Facebook announced a new advertising program called “Sponsored Stories” that basically told your friends what you were doing in the form of an add. Watch out co-workers!” The case, Angel Fraley et al., MORE >>
SOCMED SEAN | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2013 [Feed] Can Good Social Media Customer Service Help You Grow Your Brand?
Brand Promotion: Using a site like Facebook as an example, any action taken by a member of your network will be made available to their entire network via the News Feed. This week we welcome guest blogger is Stanna Johnson from Qwaya. Stan is an online writer and a social media enthusiast who loves to write about the latest social media trends. Feel free to leave any questions or feedback about the article in the comments section below and Stan will check back to follow up. Every business operating has one thing in common. They all need customers. Remember that word “social”? MORE >>
SOCMED SEAN | SUNDAY, JUNE 9, 2013 [Feed] PLEASE Don’t Visit My Google+ Page! Here’s Why.
So Google can publish stats all they want, but until I see an active feed like Facebook and Twitter… I just don’t believe it. On my personal profile, you’ll get the same social media insights and analysis that you’d expect from my Twitter feed, Facebook page and LinkedIn profile. No, this isn’t another one of those anti-Google+ posts and no…it isn’t one of those reverse psychology attempts to actually trick you into visiting my Google+ page. In fact, I really don’t want you to visit my Google+ page and I have a good reason for it. MORE >>
SOCMED SEAN | TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 2011 [Feed] How To Remove the Yahoo! News, Washington Post or Spotify Notifications From Your Facebook Ticker
News, Spotify or Washington Post apps will no longer show in your news feed. I’ve been asked this question more than a few times, so I thought I’d pass it along here. If you hate that apps like Yahoo! News, Spotify, and the Washington Post are pushing articles into your Facebook timeline, there is a quick way to get rid of them. Within your timeline each app gives you the opportunity to hide a specific story, but doesn’t give you the chance to hide everything from Yahoo! News, the Post or Spotify. 90376669494 and follow the next steps below For Yahoo! MORE >>
SOCMED SEAN | SATURDAY, MARCH 23, 2013 [Feed] 2012 Round-Up Of My Social Media Cartoons And Comics
hope you have enjoyed the social media humor and I’ll be continuing with my comics and cartoons throughout 2013 so check back or use the form on my home page to subscribe to my RSS feed and have them delivered to your Inbox. It’s that time again, time to bring all of my 2012 social media comic strips, cartoons and humorous graphics into one single post. If you haven’t already, also be sure to check out my roundup of social media comics and cartoons that I created in 2011. Cheers! Bloggers: Would You Rather Be First Or Right? Or Is It? Are You A Social Media Channel Changer? MORE >>
- [Feed] Shhh…Don’t Tell. You Can Still Post Your Tweets To Other Platforms SOCMED SEAN | SATURDAY, OCTOBER 6, 2012
- [Feed] Opting-Out Of Facebook Sponsored Stories May Be On The Way SOCMED SEAN | SATURDAY, JUNE 23, 2012
- [Feed] [COMIC] The Critical Element Of A Successful Big Data Strategy SOCMED SEAN | WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 21, 2013
- [Feed] Crime Doesn’t Pay, Especially When You Confess Via Social Media SOCMED SEAN | SATURDAY, JUNE 8, 2013
- [Feed] 10 Tips For Taking A Vacation From Social Media SOCMED SEAN | WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2012
- [Feed] [Infographic] Facebook Is NOT The Largest Online Social Network, Email Still Rules! SOCMED SEAN | SATURDAY, DECEMBER 3, 2011
- [Feed] Facebook Brings Ads To Your Timeline – Whether You Like It Or Not SOCMED SEAN | THURSDAY, DECEMBER 22, 2011
- [Feed] You Suck! So I Unfollowed You On Twitter! SOCMED SEAN | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 6, 2011
- [Feed] 2011 Round-Up Of My Social Media Cartoons And Comics SOCMED SEAN | SUNDAY, JANUARY 8, 2012
- [Feed] How Do I Turn Off The Trending Box In Facebook? SOCMED SEAN | SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 9, 2014
- [Feed] Quick Tip – Searching Your Facebook Timeline For A Specific Post SOCMED SEAN | TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 24, 2015
- [Feed] Klouchebag Let’s You REALLY Know What Your Klout Score Means SOCMED SEAN | SATURDAY, MAY 19, 2012
- [Feed] The Second Most Important Button On LinkedIn And Why You Should Click It SOCMED SEAN | MONDAY, FEBRUARY 15, 2016
- [Feed] Is Setting Your Facebook Profile To Private Really Enough To Protect Your Privacy? SOCMED SEAN | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 18, 2016
- [Feed] One Super-Easy Way To Convert Traffic And Avoid 404 Errors SOCMED SEAN | SATURDAY, AUGUST 15, 2015
- [Feed] Funny Friday: What Twitter Needs SOCMED SEAN | FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 11, 2015