| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | THE WAY OF THE WEB
OCTOBER 9, 2011 Everyone’s a curator now…
And I’m struck by the way in which my own experiences are changing, even at a family event. How curation changes our lives: I recently went down to the war museum at Duxford for the second time this year to celebrate a family event with my parents and my son. All totally normal. Consolidated B-24M Liberator Second World War American Bomber. Except here’s the change.
| | WISDOM LONDON
AUGUST 17, 2010 Gah! We've #hijackedthehashtags! « Wisdom London
They used to be these handy little things for adding context and metadata to our tweets. How diligently we hashtagged keywords, events, names, products, brands. Wisdom London Creative Communications is our world… « Do You Know A Good Thing When You See It? Series of Experiments in Social Media » Gah! We’ve #hijackedthehashtags! Ah, hashtags. And how useful it was, with our Twitter streams beautifully ordered. We knew what was important. There was even such a thing as hashtag etiquette (“use sparingly, use the right term, or people might UNFOLLOW YOU”).
| || || |
| | BUZZ MARKETING FOR TECHNOLOGY
JUNE 27, 2008 APOSDLE learn@work - Triple-I
Events. Workshop on Contextualized Attention Metadata: Profiling and Modelling User Activities - Call for Papers. International Conference on Dublin Core and Metadata Applications: Metadata for Semantic and Social Applications. The APOSDLE project is organizing a German industry session at this event in Stuttgart. Sitemap. Search: Top menu. Overview. Workplan.
| | MOBILEGROOVE
APRIL 5, 2012 #DearKen: How Can I Best Use Social Media When I Present At Conferences?
Co-Publishing Checklist: Pre-Event. The pre-event checklist details the different items you can do in of your presentation to build in-person and online audience awareness. Share the details of the event on all of your social networks. Include the event’s hashtag and website in all of your posts. Because it promotes and drives attendance to their event. Smile.
| | SPIN SUCKS
MAY 24, 2012 Content Curation: Are You Doing it Right?
Monitor trade associations and industry events. Blogger Clinton Forry says the distinction between aggregation and curation is that aggregation is automated and gathers records based on metadata or keywords. Today’s guest post is written by Susan Young. Content curation is the hot ticket item in social media and business these days. It is a big time business. They fact-check.
| || || || |
WWW.SEARCHENGINEJOURNAL.COM Ultimate Guide to Twitter Hashtags
| THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2010
According to the official source : Hashtags are a community-driven convention for adding additional context and metadata
to your tweets. Hashtags are getting more and more popular (despite the fact some people are against them wishing their Twitter stream to be metadata
-free and “as human a form of communication as possible ). This makes following an event
much easier (check our recent post on how hashtags help Shane Jones to follow SEO conferences ). hashtag is a way to unite global Tweets around some particular topic. Share your favorite ones! Thanks. Jens P. MORE >>
PAMORAMA Social Media From A to Z: A Glossary
| WEDNESDAY, JUNE 30, 2010
Blogs are usually maintained by an individual with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events
, or other material such as graphics or video. Eventbrite : Eventbrite provides online event
management and ticketing services. EventBrite is integrated with Facebook, so users can also promote their events
there to drive more visits to their event
page and sell more tickets. The service is free to use if your event
is free; if you sell tickets to your event
, there is a small fee per ticket. But never fear! An example of this is the Twitter API. MORE >>
LOUIS GRAY The Future of Local Storage Is Practically None At All
| WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 19, 2012
While clean directory structures once were enough for me to almost quit a job over a decade-plus ago, machine-generated links to content are good enough, and it's possible we just need to know how content relates to one another, or what you're searching - for example, email, and tags that generate metadata
, providing you with what you need even if you don't know exactly where to look. Stand Back or Your Hard Drive Is Going to Get It First they came for our floppy drives. Then, they came for our CDs and our DVD drives. Goodbye Desktop Applications. It's Great. All Your Computers Are Mine. MORE >>
MOBILEGROOVE #DearKen: How Do I “Pinterest-ize” My Marketing Content?
| THURSDAY, MAY 10, 2012
When you author a blog post on WordPress, your keywords are “hidden” in your post’s metadata
. Live Events
. If your original source content is a live event
– such as a trade show, customer event
, press conference, keynote or panel presentation, webinar or teleconference – visualize it by pinning.jpgs of PowerPoint/Keynote slides you create with the top three messages, including context-setting introduction and call-to-action slides. Appearing to pop up out of nowhere, Pinterest has become the third largest social network on the planet. ll show you how. MORE >>
WWW.WEB-STRATEGIST.COM 50 Ways to use Social Media, listed by Objective « Web Strategy by Jeremiah Owyang | Social Media, Web Marketing
| WEDNESDAY, MAY 13, 2009
Learn how tagging and other metadata
improve your ability to search and measure the spread of information. Experiment with Flickr and/or YouTube groups to build media for specific events
. Map out an integrated project that incorporates a blog, use of commercial social networks, and a face-to-face event
to build leads and drive awareness of a product. And check out BlogHer as an event
to explore). Yet remember email is a social network. I’ve taken Chris’s exact list, but have segmented it into the five objectives. Learn how to measure their influence. MORE >>
- Why Curation Is Just as Important as Creation [OPINION] MASHABLE.COM | THURSDAY, MARCH 8, 2012
- How to Predict the Future of Content ENGAGE | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 21, 2012
- The Four Locations of Social Media NET-SAVVY EXECUTIVE | THURSDAY, MARCH 8, 2012
- Types Of HTML 5 Content | Small Business Mavericks SMALL BUSINESS MAVERICKS | SATURDAY, MAY 7, 2011
- Content Curation versus Content Aggregation WWW.CONTENT-MENT.COM | WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 22, 2010
- Real-Time News Curation - The Complete Guide Part 2: Aggregation Is Not Curation WWW.MASTERNEWMEDIA.ORG | FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 24, 2010
- 50 Ways Marketers use Social Media to Improve Their Marketing HARP SOCIAL | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 9, 2009
- Curating, not moderating, the flow of content and participation WWW.HEADSHIFT.COM | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2010
- Toward An Integrated Model of Information Seeking and Searching BUZZ MARKETING FOR TECHNOLOGY | FRIDAY, JUNE 27, 2008
- Government response to the Government 2.0 Taskforce Report – my. ACIDLABS | MONDAY, MAY 3, 2010
- Online Content Distribution: Guide To The Best Content Syndication Services WWW.MASTERNEWMEDIA.ORG | THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 23, 2010
- Real-Time News Curation - The Complete Guide Part 5: The Curator Attributes And Skills WWW.MASTERNEWMEDIA.ORG | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 7, 2010
- Toward a New Knowledge Society BUZZ MARKETING FOR TECHNOLOGY | SATURDAY, JUNE 28, 2008
- Twitter Hashtags: Nonprofits Speak Up WWW.DEVONVSMITH.COM | THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2010
- Storify and the search for curation THENEXTWEB.COM | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2010
- Online Content Curation: The Key To Building Visibility, Authority And Value WWW.MASTERNEWMEDIA.ORG | FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 24, 2010
- Mathemagenic " Reasons for using weblog to keep information bits BUZZ MARKETING FOR TECHNOLOGY | SATURDAY, JUNE 28, 2008
- Intranet Blog :: E-mail fatigue BUZZ MARKETING FOR TECHNOLOGY | SATURDAY, JUNE 28, 2008
- The FASTForward Blog " Managing Personal Knowledge: Setting a Foundation for Transformation? : Enterprise 2.0 Blog: News, Coverage, and Commentary BUZZ MARKETING FOR TECHNOLOGY | FRIDAY, JUNE 27, 2008
Social Media Informer can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.