| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | DIRECT MARKETING OBSERVATIONS
JANUARY 12, 2012 [Engineering] Some Social Tools You Should Know About
EveryStockPhoto bills themselves as “the largest search engine for free photos.” Thanks to the folks at imediaconnection , I give you 15 social tools you should know about. Friend or Follow tells users whom they’re not following on Twitter. Conversocial.com helps users manage customer service at scale on Facebook and Twitter. Conversocial enables workflow for multi-person teams to tackle the consumer communication for large brands. NutshellMail users social network updates so they don’t have to login and check. SEO/SEM
| | DIRECT MARKETING OBSERVATIONS
MARCH 8, 2012 [Engineering] The Problem with Blending Organic Results with Social Information
| || || |
| || || || | DIRECT MARKETING OBSERVATIONS
JANUARY 3, 2011 [Engineering] The Biggest Trend in 2011? Our Continued Laziness.
Why do you think YouTube is the #2 search engine in thw world? YouTube as a search engine. don’t think anyone anticipated YouTube being known primarily as a search engine, let alone the #2 search engine behind Google, but clearly the masses have spoken. Google Did you know that it was? Some of you might not know but are you surprised by that statement? Who knew?
| || || || |
DIRECT MARKETING OBSERVATIONS [Engineering] Does Good Content Matter Anymore?
| THURSDAY, OCTOBER 13, 2011
These folks are trying to appease the almighty search engines
. Specifically Google, but Bing and Yahoo and all the other 2nd tier engines
figure in as well. Content producers defer to search engines
instead of people. Is it people or search engines
? We’re content starved. The The emergence of tablets and mobile devices has only enhanced our desire to consume digital content. There’s a problem though. When content producers cannot meet the demands of a ravenous public, things can get ugly and the public walks-digitally speaking. Screw the readers. MORE >>
- [Engineering] Protecting Children from Social Media
And… the majority of these activities have incredible SEO ( search engine
optimization) ramifications. How can you protect your children from social media? One might say, “Do we really need to ? and another would say “We have to. and still another will say, “We’re all overreacting. and you know what? All three opinions are in a certain way, correct. Do some of the following questions and comments sound familiar? Right? Before we dig into the what to do, let’s review something real quick that may help you to understand the landscape a little bit. MORE >>
- [Engineering] 14 Quick Tactics to Encourage Corporate Social Media Adoption
12) Set up real time keyword /product/ industry monitoring engines
and show them the results. This past Tuesday on our weekly Hashtag socialmedia tweetchat , we were honored to have one of the classiest people I’ve gotten to know, host our chat, BL Ochman. To say that it was a successful tweetchat is an understatement, but what really pushed the chat over the top was the last question in which she asked for quick tactics to encourage corporate social media adoption. What’s great about this list? Make sure you open them. Show the benefits of why you need to join in. MORE >>
- [Engineering] On Influence and Bad Blog Posts
spam blog , sometimes referred to by the neologism splog ,  is a blog which the author uses to promote affiliated websites, to increase the search engine
rankings of associated sites or to simply sell links/ads. I like differing opinions, thoughts and comments. think it’s good to have a variety of thought. No one likes a yes man right? Except maybe in the social media world. Then sometimes it resembles a quid pro quo type of environment. I’ll promote your stuff you promote mine. The thinking is well illustrated by David Armano with his depiction of influencer ripples. MORE >>
- [Engineering] Search Results and Quality Content is an Oxymoron
Thus this post could have easily been titled, “Content for content’s sake or “Crappy content for search engines
, or “The difference between worthless content and worthy content. If the person who has authored it has not written equally for search engines
as well as for their audience, and if it doesn’t possess the right linkage and properties that meet Google’s search algoritham-it may fall quietly by the wayside. Like it or not we are a search driven society. The reason? The reason? Good content takes time. SEO/SEM MORE >>
- [Engineering] When Social Media Strategy Becomes Irrelevant DIRECT MARKETING OBSERVATIONS | MONDAY, MARCH 21, 2011
- [Engineering] Selling Social Media DIRECT MARKETING OBSERVATIONS | TUESDAY, JANUARY 12, 2010
- [Engineering] SEO and Social Media are Inextricably Joined at the Hip. DIRECT MARKETING OBSERVATIONS | FRIDAY, AUGUST 27, 2010
- [Engineering] Who’s making the rules in social media? DIRECT MARKETING OBSERVATIONS | FRIDAY, JULY 15, 2011
- [Engineering] Eventually we’ll all be good at social media and then what? DIRECT MARKETING OBSERVATIONS | TUESDAY, AUGUST 9, 2011
- [Engineering] Who are You Blogging for? Your peers or Your Customers? DIRECT MARKETING OBSERVATIONS | THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 9, 2010
- [Engineering] Information versus Opinion and Search versus Social DIRECT MARKETING OBSERVATIONS | TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 20, 2011
- [Engineering] The Random on Social Media, Music, Sports, Books and Movies DIRECT MARKETING OBSERVATIONS | MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 26, 2011
- [Engineering] We didn’t mean that transparent… DIRECT MARKETING OBSERVATIONS | THURSDAY, APRIL 29, 2010
- [Engineering] On Social Media Tools, Noise, and Experience DIRECT MARKETING OBSERVATIONS | THURSDAY, APRIL 12, 2012
- [Engineering] The dark side of good work in social media DIRECT MARKETING OBSERVATIONS | FRIDAY, MARCH 5, 2010
- [Engineering] This weeks #socialmedia tweetchat topic: Engagement Through Customer Service: Your Contact Center & Social Media DIRECT MARKETING OBSERVATIONS | MONDAY, JANUARY 4, 2010
Social Media Informer can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.