| || |
| | UNSPOKEN
OCTOBER 22, 2012 Strategic Marketing of Managing Expectations
“Happiness is in expectations management.” ” Let’s try to apply this wisdom to Product Marketing and Marketing Strategy. For example, your company expects a product to generate specific and positive cash flow over a period of its life, and your customers expect the product to reliably perform functions you have promised them in your marketing communications.
| | THE REALTIME REPORT
OCTOBER 23, 2012 70% Of Users Visit Pinterest For Inspiration On What To Buy
Pinterest beats out Facebook as a destination for shopping inspiration, tracking and product discovery, according to a new study by Bizrate Insights. And within these categories, the gap between the two social networks is quite large. 67% use Pinterest “to help keep track of or collect the things that I like” vs. 21% using Facebook for the same reason.
| | WEBBIQUITY SMM
OCTOBER 23, 2012 28 (of the) Best Twitter Tips, Tools and Tactics of 2012 (So Far)
Twitter isn’t just for the birds anymore. According to recent social media research , Twitter now has more than 165 million users, and is attracting nearly a million new users each day. Twitterers collectively post a billion tweets every three days. 62% of the Fortune 500 companies have at least one Twitter account, and the average Fortune 100 firm maintains 10 separate Twitter handles to support different product lines, divisions, functional areas and geographic regions. Twitter Tips for Newbies. Beginner’s Guide to Twitter and the Twittersphere Culture by Creative Marketing Channel.
| | WAXING UNLYRICAL
OCTOBER 24, 2012 5 Social Sites That Aren’t Facebook
Guest post by Kate Endress. Facebook has been struggling since its IPO in May. Its stock has been almost cut in half, GM dropped a $10M ad deal, and Google is nipping at its heels with the purchase of Wildfire. Facebook was not initially built to monetize; it was built to go viral. Unlike Google, I am not on Facebook to look for products, hence I’ve never clicked on a Facebook ad. Networking.
| || || || |
UNSPOKEN A Century Later, Business Gets Personal…Again
| MONDAY, OCTOBER 22, 2012
In his 1964 book, Understanding Media: The Extensions of Man , Marshall McLuhan first coined the famous phrase, “the medium is the message.” ” He argued that the characteristics of communication technologies, or the medium itself, affect understanding and social organization. The technology of his time was limited to radio, television, and a faint glimmer of something called a computer. Before technology, the very first medium was speech, whose content was thought. This demanded an extremely personal communication society since people had to be next to someone to communicate. MORE >>
CREATIVE RAMBLINGS 8 Twitter chats you should check out today!
| THURSDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2012
Looking for ways to increase your followership and establish your expertise on Twitter? If so, have you ever thought of participating in Twitter chats? Twitter chats are meetups that take place at a specific time on the social network. Each is hosted under a unique hashtag, which allows attendees to follow the conversation and interact [.] 8 Twitter chats you should check out today! was written by Cendrine Marrouat for her social media blog, Creative Ramblings. Branding Twitter Twitter chats MORE >>
SOCIALFISH How to Design Your Content Strategy
| TUESDAY, OCTOBER 23, 2012
Here’s our follow-up post from Bob Le Drew, responding to questions that arose during his Think Tank Webinar on content strategy. View the archive here. —————-. Your New Content Strategy from Bob LeDrew – Translucid Communications. Content strategy is something that isn’t revolutionary – it’s not rocket science. But it is also important. As associations and NFPs move to embrace social media, they frequently find themselves in a situation where rather than be searching for content, they can be inundated in content. Who’s assigned to what? Heatmaps. MORE >>
SPIN SUCKS Will Lack of Creativity Be the Demise of the PR Industry?
| MONDAY, OCTOBER 22, 2012
Have you seen that Visa commercial where the little girl asks Ray Lewis questions during a press conference, such as, “Hashbrowns or home fries” and “Do you like my dress?”? ”? It’s one of my favorite commercials because a) I totally want to interview an NFL player (cough, Tom Brady, cough) and ask silly questions and b) It’s about time someone have fun with these guys instead of being armchair quarterbacks. Admittedly probably not the best place for a branded question, but a pizza every week for 30 years? Who doesn’t want to win that? MORE >>
MINDJUMPERS How to Adjust to Facebook’s Changes in the EdgeRank Algorithm
| MONDAY, OCTOBER 22, 2012
During the past month, there has been a lot of discussions regarding the change in Facebook EdgeRank algorithm related to brand pages. Since September 20 th , numerous of page owners have written blog posts, articles and comments to express their concern regarding a quite serious decrease in their posts’ reach by up to 50%. In response to an e-mail from EdgeRank Cracker , a Facebook Ad Rep wrote: “We’re continually optimizing News Feed to ensure the most relevant experience for our users. Have you already observed a decrease in your Facebook page’s reach? You probably have. price of $7. MORE >>
- How To Boost Blog Performance By Focusing on What Works PUSHING SOCIAL | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 23, 2012
- Social Networking Stats: Facebook Drives More Dollars, But Twitter Drives More Traffic [Study], #RLTM Scoreboard THE REALTIME REPORT | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 26, 2012
- Users, Stakeholders, Target Audiences…Or Just People SPIN SUCKS | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 23, 2012
- Facebook 2012: This Is What Success Looks Like [INFOGRAPHIC] MINDJUMPERS | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 26, 2012
- How to Make a Blog in 10 Days MR. RYAN CONNORS | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 23, 2012
- The 5 Elements Of Successful Influencer Marketing Programs THE REALTIME REPORT | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 26, 2012
- The Lance Armstong PR Crisis SPIN SUCKS | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2012
- Making Money From Social Prostitution THE RELATIONSHIP ECONOMY | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 23, 2012
- Why social business needs cultural change in any brand FRESHNETWORKS | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 23, 2012
- Facebook Brand Engagement Grows 896% Year-Over-Year THE REALTIME REPORT | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2012
- Know Thy Enemy: How to Work with Tough Reporters SPIN SUCKS | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2012
- 6 Innovation Roadblocks Worth Busting Through GREG VERDINO | MONDAY, OCTOBER 22, 2012
- 3 Ways Content Marketing Makes Every Business Better JEFF KORHAN | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 26, 2012
- Announcing the launch of Social Media for Good! CREATIVE RAMBLINGS | SUNDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2012
- Yelp Consumer Alerts Filters False Reviews SPIN SUCKS | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 24, 2012
- The Red Queen Effect in Marketing GREG VERDINO | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 24, 2012
- 5 Benefits of Walking THE MARKETING BLOG | SATURDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2012
- Join Mark Story for a Special Livefyre Q&A Today SPIN SUCKS | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 24, 2012
- People Don’t Care About Your LinkedIn Profile ONE SOCIAL MEDIA | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 23, 2012
- Start Your Community With Role Models, Not Influencers SOCIAL MEDIA STRATEGERY | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 24, 2012
- #FollowFriday: Laura Click SPIN SUCKS | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 26, 2012
- Wonderful Day – Seinfeld’s productivity secret now on the iPhone! STEPHEN P SMITH | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 24, 2012
- 5 Ways to Use LinkedIn Answers for Your Next Blog Post KIKOLANI | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 24, 2012
- LinkedIn Endorsements: Does It Get Any Cheaper? GEOFF LIVINGSTON | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 24, 2012
- How Does a Brand Become Social? #WeFirst BLUE FOCUS MARKETING | SUNDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2012
- The Network Society Presentation – Chartered Management Institute Guernsey CROWD MEDIA | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2012
- Win a ticket to IABC 2012 Canada Business Summit preconference workshop SHERRILYNNE STARKIE | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 23, 2012
- You Must Have A Full Time Community Manager FEVER BEE | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 24, 2012
- 12 Random Acts of Social Media Kindness Campaigns: World Kindness Week 2012 RAK LAUREL PAPWORTH | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2012
- Is Twitter Trying To Be Like Facebook? FIREBELLY | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 24, 2012
- Tweet Bombs and Waterfalls GEOFF LIVINGSTON | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 23, 2012
- Six Keys to Standing Out on the Social Web [Infographic] SOCIALNOMICS | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 23, 2012
- Study shows social media drives sales SHERRILYNNE STARKIE | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2012
- The Social Global Internet [Infographic] JEFF KORHAN | SUNDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2012
- Live Journaling a Tough Mudder: Fire, Electrocution and More GEOFF LIVINGSTON | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 26, 2012
- Success is the tip of the iceberg CREATIVE RAMBLINGS | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 23, 2012
- The International: Taking Social Media Overseas WAXING UNLYRICAL | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2012
- The Lance Armstrong Effect TWIST IMAGE | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 23, 2012
- Why You Need to Care About Tomorrow ARI HERZOG | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2012
- What Happens After Your System Notices Something Important? NET-SAVVY EXECUTIVE | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2012
- How to Make More Money Blogging, Stop Worrying About Advertising, and Get Back to Writing What You Love PROBLOGGER | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2012
Social Media Informer can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.