| || |
| | SOCIAL MARKETING FORUM
JUNE 23, 2011 Tips on How to Handle Negative Tweets
Should you ignore negative tweets? If not, what should you do? It’s a question which keeps coming up as marketers and companies get more and more involved in social media. Among most social media evangelists and analysts (I don’t like the term “expert”), the consensus appears to be that a negative comment is an opportunity for you to shine via social media channels such as Twitter. Social media marketing Social media monitoring customer service negative tweets social media marketing social media monitoring Twitter
| | ARI HERZOG
JUNE 23, 2011 Why You Should Care About Klout
This Feature Friday article is written by Tammi Kibler. The recent addition of LinkedIn to the mix of social media considered when calculating a Klout score has left many wondering about Klout, how to raise your score, and whether it matters after all. Have you heard of Klout ? Do you know your score? What is Klout? Klout’s algorithm strives to measure a user’s online influence.
| | WEBBIQUITY SMM
JUNE 20, 2011 6 Reasons Social Media Sucks, But You Need to Use It Anyway
Amid all of the hype, conferences, and rapid adoption of social media marketing by organizations from sole proprietors to the Fortune 100, there remains an undercurrent of skepticism. This surfaces in posts like Social Media Skepticism , 5 reasons why social media skeptics maybe right and Business social networking: where’s the ROI? Image credit: Spin Sucks. Reasons Social Media Sucks. No question.
| | FIFTH GEAR ANALYTICS
JUNE 24, 2011 Attention Healthcare Marketers! Do You Know Where Your Members Are?
Many healthcare marketers are struggling with multichannel campaign planning, design, execution and measurement. Often, a paradigm of thinking about member or customer campaigns as traditional direct mail, with perhaps some email marketing, still exists and other channels are viewed as “everything else." In fact, the ownership for digital, web, mobile, etc., may exist in other departments.
| || || || |
ALMOST SAVVY How Old is the Perfect Social Media Expert?
| THURSDAY, JUNE 23, 2011
So, there I was. Listening in on an fascinating conversation online with one of the business world’s most well known thought-leaders, some of his most famous books on the shelf above my desk as I soaked in his words coming through the speakers of my computer. His wisdom and perspective on the importance of respecting and empowering one’s employees and customers were inspiring. Most of his advice wasn’t new, yet being reminded of what I’d forgotten to focus on can be immensely helpful. And then he said it. They’re all social media experts today.. Really? MORE >>
SOCIAL MARKETING FORUM Tweet Tips: 12 Ways to Tweet the Same Thing
| SUNDAY, JUNE 19, 2011
Just tweeting a subject line and link from a blog (be a post by you or a post on another blog) is not always the most effective way to drive traffic to the post. If the subject line is really good, that can certainly be effective, but there are other options to get people’s attention [.]. Blogging Community marketing Content marketing Social media marketing social marketing social media tweeting tips Twitter twitter tips & tricks MORE >>
DEBBIE WEIL What Does It Mean to “Know” Someone?
| WEDNESDAY, JUNE 22, 2011
I posted a "gentle heads-up" on my Facebook page to announce that I’m slowly weeding out "friends" I don’t "know" or at least have some connection with. As I put it: "I joined fb four years ago and initially said yes to every request. But now I want to limit my friends to those with whom I have some meaningful connection, either online or off." " Oops. Not clear enough. Three people I "know" immediately jumped on and commented that they understood "weeding out" and wouldn’t mind if I took them off my list. MORE >>
SOCIALFISH How to Hire for Social Media Management
| THURSDAY, JUNE 23, 2011
Our SocialFish consulting work is all about building capacity internally for organizations to manage the work of social media management. This year, we’re seeing a huge upward trend in associations hiring headcount for social media-related roles, which is a great sign. We’ve helped the National Association of Childrens’ Hospitals and Related Institutions (NACHRI), the National Society of Accountants, the Association for Corporate Counsel, and the American Society of Civil Engineers, for example, hire positions from interns to Social Media Directors. Hire at the right level. MORE >>
PUSHING SOCIAL How to Promote Your Blog Without Feeling Like a Sleazeball
| MONDAY, JUNE 20, 2011
I’ve noticed that many of you hate to toot your own horn. Marketing your blog, promoting your posts, and advertising ranks right up there with Congress, mowing the grass, and eating barley. The problem is that you need readers – lot’s of them. Readers create pageviews for advertising. Readers retweet and follow you. Readers comment on your posts. Since only 1% of readers actively engage, you need a healthy pipeline of them to keep your blog moving forward. But… You can’t get these readers by hoping for them. Friend, you gotta go out there and get them. Guest Posts. MORE >>
- Social Media Plans Are Useless THE RELATIONSHIP ECONOMY | TUESDAY, JUNE 21, 2011
- Managing Unruly Clients SPIN SUCKS | THURSDAY, JUNE 23, 2011
- Organizations: Make your own Twitter “Suggested Follow” List SOCIALFISH | MONDAY, JUNE 20, 2011
- Klout coupons for Facebook – will it work? FRESHNETWORKS | WEDNESDAY, JUNE 22, 2011
- American Express and Foursquare – So What? DANNY BROWN | FRIDAY, JUNE 24, 2011
- Undeniable JOEY STRAWN | MONDAY, JUNE 20, 2011
- Reasons Why You Can’t Do Without a Company Blog MINDJUMPERS | FRIDAY, JUNE 24, 2011
- Costa Coffee: Why Isn’t Twitter Brewing? WAXING UNLYRICAL | MONDAY, JUNE 20, 2011
- The Ultimate Guide to Keyword Research VIPER CHILL | MONDAY, JUNE 20, 2011
- What to learn from the Mashable 5 social media marketing successes AKAMAI MARKETING | WEDNESDAY, JUNE 22, 2011
- Social Media Revolution 3 Video – Long Version SOCIALNOMICS | WEDNESDAY, JUNE 22, 2011
- Webnation TV Appearance JASON YORMARK | TUESDAY, JUNE 21, 2011
- Measuring Facebook Fan Engagement Beyond the Like CONVINCE & CONVERT | THURSDAY, JUNE 23, 2011
- Marketing Spend Dilemma. Cut Costs or Grow Revenue? FIFTH GEAR ANALYTICS | WEDNESDAY, JUNE 22, 2011
- Students & Social Media: 96% FB | 84% YouTube | 14% Twitter | 10% LinkedIn SOCIALNOMICS | WEDNESDAY, JUNE 22, 2011
- Successful social media marketing to moms | Sherrilynne Starkie SHERRILYNNE STARKIE | WEDNESDAY, JUNE 22, 2011
- Marketing needs to be more Adaptive! BUZZ MARKETING FOR TECHNOLOGY | WEDNESDAY, JUNE 22, 2011
- 5 Reasons to Launch a Small Business Blog COLLECTIVE THOUGHTS | WEDNESDAY, JUNE 22, 2011
- Top ten ways CEO’s must change to lead in the social business marketplace SIMON MAINWARING | MONDAY, JUNE 20, 2011
- What Does It Mean to “Know” Someone? DEBBIE WEIL | WEDNESDAY, JUNE 22, 2011
- Docs are heavy tech users – early adopters for healthcare technology TRENDS SPOTTING | TUESDAY, JUNE 21, 2011
- 6 Ways to Show You Give a Damn in a Job Interview CONVINCE & CONVERT | MONDAY, JUNE 20, 2011
- 6 of the Top Mobile Trends to Watch KYLE LACY | FRIDAY, JUNE 24, 2011
- Foursquare Has Hit The 10 Mill Mark [infographic] MINDJUMPERS | TUESDAY, JUNE 21, 2011
- Removing Technology TWIST IMAGE | MONDAY, JUNE 20, 2011
- Social Media Facts for Business Owners THE SOCIAL MEDIA INCUBATOR | WEDNESDAY, JUNE 22, 2011
- What Does Corporate America Fear the Most with Social Media? DIRECT MARKETING OBSERVATIONS | THURSDAY, JUNE 23, 2011
- Customer Service Complaints: Taking to Twitter SOSHABLE | MONDAY, JUNE 20, 2011
- Gary Vaynerchuk (@garyvee) Answers Tough Questions GEOFF LIVINGSTON | WEDNESDAY, JUNE 22, 2011
- Comparing Apples To BlackBerrys TWIST IMAGE | TUESDAY, JUNE 21, 2011
- What are your social media photo rights? Image T&Cs examined FRESHNETWORKS | THURSDAY, JUNE 23, 2011
- Community Testimonials Via Social Media SOCIAL MEDIA NETWORK MARKETING | MONDAY, JUNE 20, 2011
- Streamlining Text Messaging To Fast Track Mobile Marketing MOBILEGROOVE | MONDAY, JUNE 20, 2011
- The One Screen World TWIST IMAGE | FRIDAY, JUNE 24, 2011
- 5 Steps to Follow Before Self-Publishing Your Book CREATIVE RAMBLINGS | SATURDAY, JUNE 18, 2011
- Do Great Work (and celebrate your customers) FIREBELLY | THURSDAY, JUNE 23, 2011
- The Gamification of Air Travel THE RELATIONSHIP ECONOMY | FRIDAY, JUNE 24, 2011
- Facebook Commerce Explained SOCIAL MEDIA CITIZENS | FRIDAY, JUNE 24, 2011
- LinkedIn Today available for Android users CREATIVE RAMBLINGS | TUESDAY, JUNE 21, 2011
- The Need for Both Improvement and Innovation BRASS TACK THINKING | TUESDAY, JUNE 21, 2011
- Should Kids Blog? PROBLOGGER | MONDAY, JUNE 20, 2011
Social Media Informer can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.