| || |
| | KYLE LACY
OCTOBER 18, 2010 25 Case Studies Using Twitter to Increase Business and Sales
Dell Outlet. Dell Outlet doesn’t have the time to hire an agency and develop an ad campaign. Instead, the company turns Internet marketing using tools like Twitter. The company started to use Twitter to push information out and soon found out that people were interested in talking. Twitter is good source for not only raising awareness on deals but to interact with customers. The company offers post exclusively on Twitter and makes sure to use twitter only a few times a week to avoid spamming their followers. They also use tracking URLs to determine what users find most appealing. JetBlue.
| | ARI HERZOG
OCTOBER 21, 2010 Why I Deleted My Foursquare Account
Shea Sylvia , a Kansas City web geek and early adopter of shiny new internet tools, wrote on her blog in July 2010 that she was creeped out while eating at a restaurant with friends — when the hostess came over and told her she had a phone call. Shea recollected that conversation. But when I answered the phone, I didn’t recognize the voice on the other end. Hello?”. Hey Shea. This is Brian.”. Who?”. racked my brain, trying to figure out who I knew named “Brian”. I saw that you checked in there on Foursquare, Shea,” he said. My heart started to race. Maybe we should hang out sometime.
| | CITIZEN MARKETER 2.1
OCTOBER 22, 2010 How Important is Your Twitter Bio?
It's funny. I've been on Twitter for almost exactly three years to the day. During that time, my Twitter bio has evolved ever so slightly. I've always included my title and company name. In addition, I've made it clear that I'm married (happily) and have three beautiful children. Recently, I included the fact that I am the co-host of the Quick'n'Dirty podcast show. That's it. Why do I do this?
| | DANNY BROWN
OCTOBER 16, 2010 Google and the Birthday Smile
As some of you know, it’s my birthday today, so I’m taking some downtime and spending the weekend getting pampered (hopefully!). But I just wanted to share this with you first, as it was a little surprise and it made me smile. Nice job, Google! Have a great and safe weekend, guys, and see you online soon (and thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes on Facebook and Twitter).
| || || || |
FRESHNETWORKS How much is a share on Facebook or Twitter worth in sales?
| THURSDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2010
Every time people share an event from Eventbrite with their friends and contacts in social media or by email, they generate $1.78 in ticket sales. This figure comes from a recent study by the event ticketing site which analysed their user data and how shares in social media and by email tracked back to ticket sales. This is a surprisingly powerful number and shows the growing importance of social shopping – using recommendations in social networks and online communities to influence purchase decisions. How much is a social media share worth? in ticket sales. in ticket sales. Email: $2.34. MORE >>
FIFTH GEAR ANALYTICS Social Media Use by Job Function Stats – Indicates Need to Change.
| WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2010
Wendy Boyce. In a previous post we looked at the top 25 industries using social media , as presented in the NetProspex Fall 2010 Social Business Report. In that report, there is also a section on social media usage by job function. I found the results to be interesting and daunting all at the same time. As companies continue to adopt social media marketing as a viable practice, so must the number of employees inside an organization using social media increase. Next in line, and at an almost equal usage of approximately 67%, were Human Resource professionals. The proof is in the numbers. MORE >>
JEFF KORHAN QR Codes LIKE Your Facebook Page - Jeff Korhan
| MONDAY, OCTOBER 18, 2010
QR Codes will play a significant role in the future of social media marketing. The concept is very simple: these graphic representations of digital links instantly connect mobile devices to your social media marketing - including the MORE >>
WAXING UNLYRICAL How Google Instant Might Impact Your Small Non-Profit
| TUESDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2010
this is a guest post by Erica Holt. By now you've most likely heard of Google Instant, a search enhancement that shows search results as you type. Image: Greig Christie via Flickr, Creative Commons. Since Google Instant's launch just MORE >>
FRESHNETWORKS Consumers in brand communities 71% more likely to purchase (Universal McCann)
| TUESDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2010
Universal McCann have just published Wave5 of their Social Media Tracker. It provides a great snapshot of social media usage from around the world. The overall report is useful for brands and social media agencies alike and provides particular insight to people planning multi-national soial media strategies. Among other things, they asked internet users if and why they join brand communities (see diagram below). And found that those who had joined brand communities were 71% were more likely to make a purchase as a result. Why people join brand online communities (McCann). Tweet This! MORE >>
- The Boy With the Bread DANNY BROWN | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2010
- First Look: Starbucks Digital Network Is Here MASHABLE.COM | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2010
- 10 Reasons to Attend IABC/DC Metro's Silver Inkwell Awards Gala WAXING UNLYRICAL | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2010
- Addressing the Digital Divide WITHIN Your Organization SOCIAL MEDIA STRATEGERY | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2010
- The Value of Effort DANNY BROWN | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2010
- Social media, financial services and customer driven markets FRESHNETWORKS | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2010
- Successful Social Media is More Than A Campaign BRASS TACK THINKING | MONDAY, OCTOBER 18, 2010
- Movember Time, Austin Style! CITIZEN MARKETER 2.1 | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2010
- Facebook’s Like Button adds Life to your Content BUZZ MARKETING FOR TECHNOLOGY | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2010
- Eight Social Media Trends for 2011 SPIN SUCKS | MONDAY, OCTOBER 18, 2010
- Realizing the Value of Time JUSTIN LEVY | SUNDAY, OCTOBER 17, 2010
- Meet The Mobile Mavens; The Mobile Marketing Review Debuts Next Week MOBILEGROOVE | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2010
- For Millennials, Online Friends Are Real Friends IT'S JOSIP NOT JOSEPH | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2010
- The social media strategy series: Defining your resources GEMMA WENT | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2010
- 9 Must-Have WordPress Plugins IDACONCPTS | MONDAY, OCTOBER 18, 2010
- Information Streams Accelerating the Attention Crisis LOUIS GRAY | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2010
- 5 Great Reasons to Retweet Others on Twitter WEBBIQUITY SMM | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2010
- Blogging: The Most Effective Social Strategy FIREBELLY | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 22, 2010
- Ra Ra Wrong. How Facebook’s Cheerleaders Are Blowing Smoke CONVINCE & CONVERT | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2010
- 8 Tips to Improve Campaign Landing Page Conversion FIFTH GEAR ANALYTICS | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2010
- Customer Service Social Media Style: A Pulse of the Industry View Part 1 DIVA MARKETING BLOG | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2010
- Crush It! UnReview JOEY STRAWN | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2010
- Invasive or Indispensable: The Case of Permanent GPS TECHIPEDIA: TAMAR WEINBERG | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2010
- Millennials have found religion but will brands? SIMON MAINWARING | MONDAY, OCTOBER 18, 2010
- An Evolving PR Industry Gathers at the PRSA International Conference WHAT SPINKS THINKS | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2010
- Spoiled Milk Shouldn't Represent Your Social Media Strategy STEPHANIE WONDERLIN | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2010
- Meta Tags And Keywords In Social Media SOCIAL MEDIA NETWORK MARKETING | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2010
- TOMS vs. BOBS: How Skechers shot themselves in the foot SIMON MAINWARING | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2010
- Photographs, Digital Rights & Social Media Events GEOFF LIVINGSTON | SUNDAY, OCTOBER 17, 2010
- 5 Take Aways from the ANA's 2010 Masters of Marketing Conference CITIZEN MARKETER 2.1 | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2010
- How To Use Social Media In Your Small Business SOCIAL MEDIA NETWORK MARKETING | MONDAY, OCTOBER 18, 2010
- How To Get More YouTube Views TAYLOR MAREK | MONDAY, OCTOBER 18, 2010
- Ready to Drive the Chevy Camaro! STEPHANIE WONDERLIN | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2010
- Verizon's "Room to Learn" Community CITIZEN MARKETER 2.1 | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2010
- 9 Never-Before-Seen Blog Comments ARI HERZOG | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2010
- Just because you don’t get QR Codes doesn’t mean they won’t become relevant in the future of marketing & customer engagement SOCIAL WAYNE | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2010
- Life Online: Fraud, Security, Trust, Passwords and Paranoia LOUIS GRAY | SUNDAY, OCTOBER 17, 2010
- Understanding B2B Campaign Responses – Building a Methodology FIFTH GEAR ANALYTICS | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 22, 2010
- Apple’s New OS: Mac OS X Lion-O IDACONCPTS | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2010
- Innovation: What, How & 4 Practical Tips ALEX BLOM | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2010
- TED and Reddit interview Evgeny Morozov BLOG.TED.COM | MONDAY, OCTOBER 18, 2010
Social Media Informer can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.