| || |
| | KYLE LACY
OCTOBER 18, 2010 25 Case Studies Using Twitter to Increase Business and Sales
Dell Outlet. Dell Outlet doesn’t have the time to hire an agency and develop an ad campaign. Instead, the company turns Internet marketing using tools like Twitter. The company started to use Twitter to push information out and soon found out that people were interested in talking. Twitter is good source for not only raising awareness on deals but to interact with customers. The company offers post exclusively on Twitter and makes sure to use twitter only a few times a week to avoid spamming their followers. They also use tracking URLs to determine what users find most appealing. JetBlue.
| | ARI HERZOG
OCTOBER 21, 2010 Why I Deleted My Foursquare Account
Shea Sylvia , a Kansas City web geek and early adopter of shiny new internet tools, wrote on her blog in July 2010 that she was creeped out while eating at a restaurant with friends — when the hostess came over and told her she had a phone call. Shea recollected that conversation. But when I answered the phone, I didn’t recognize the voice on the other end. Hello?”. Hey Shea. This is Brian.”. Who?”. racked my brain, trying to figure out who I knew named “Brian”. I saw that you checked in there on Foursquare, Shea,” he said. My heart started to race. Maybe we should hang out sometime.
| | CITIZEN MARKETER 2.1
OCTOBER 22, 2010 How Important is Your Twitter Bio?
It's funny. I've been on Twitter for almost exactly three years to the day. During that time, my Twitter bio has evolved ever so slightly. I've always included my title and company name. In addition, I've made it clear that I'm married (happily) and have three beautiful children. Recently, I included the fact that I am the co-host of the Quick'n'Dirty podcast show. That's it. Why do I do this?
| | JEFF KORHAN
OCTOBER 18, 2010 QR Codes LIKE Your Facebook Page - Jeff Korhan
QR Codes will play a significant role in the future of social media marketing. The concept is very simple: these graphic representations of digital links instantly connect mobile devices to your social media marketing - including the
| || || || |
FRESHNETWORKS How much is a share on Facebook or Twitter worth in sales?
| THURSDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2010
Every time people share an event from Eventbrite with their friends and contacts in social media or by email, they generate $1.78 in ticket sales. This figure comes from a recent study by the event ticketing site which analysed their user data and how shares in social media and by email tracked back to ticket sales. This is a surprisingly powerful number and shows the growing importance of social shopping – using recommendations in social networks and online communities to influence purchase decisions. How much is a social media share worth? in ticket sales. in ticket sales. Email: $2.34. MORE >>
FIFTH GEAR ANALYTICS Social Media Use by Job Function Stats – Indicates Need to Change.
| WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2010
Wendy Boyce. In a previous post we looked at the top 25 industries using social media , as presented in the NetProspex Fall 2010 Social Business Report. In that report, there is also a section on social media usage by job function. I found the results to be interesting and daunting all at the same time. As companies continue to adopt social media marketing as a viable practice, so must the number of employees inside an organization using social media increase. Next in line, and at an almost equal usage of approximately 67%, were Human Resource professionals. The proof is in the numbers. MORE >>
DANNY BROWN Google and the Birthday Smile
| SATURDAY, OCTOBER 16, 2010
As some of you know, it’s my birthday today, so I’m taking some downtime and spending the weekend getting pampered (hopefully!). But I just wanted to share this with you first, as it was a little surprise and it made me smile. Nice job, Google! Have a great and safe weekend, guys, and see you online soon (and thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes on Facebook and Twitter). You’re awesome! MORE >>
WAXING UNLYRICAL How Google Instant Might Impact Your Small Non-Profit
| TUESDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2010
this is a guest post by Erica Holt. By now you've most likely heard of Google Instant, a search enhancement that shows search results as you type. Image: Greig Christie via Flickr, Creative Commons. Since Google Instant's launch just MORE >>
SOCIAL MEDIA STRATEGERY Addressing the Digital Divide WITHIN Your Organization
| WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2010
Try teaching social media to someone who still looks at this day after day. If it wasn’t for my brother and I, my mother would still have a VCR that blinks 12:00 because she couldn’t figure out to change the time on it and never saw any desire too. Despite fixing it every time I was there, she never saw a problem with it. About five years ago, I finally bought her a DVD player and upon opening the box, I was greeted not with a “thanks! but a “why do I need this? Our VCR works fine. Merry Christmas Mom! Print out their emails and schedule each day. Not good. I don’t. MORE >>
- Successful Social Media is More Than A Campaign BRASS TACK THINKING | MONDAY, OCTOBER 18, 2010
- Movember Time, Austin Style! CITIZEN MARKETER 2.1 | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2010
- Consumers in brand communities 71% more likely to purchase (Universal McCann) FRESHNETWORKS | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2010
- Eight Social Media Trends for 2011 SPIN SUCKS | MONDAY, OCTOBER 18, 2010
- 9 Must-Have WordPress Plugins IDACONCPTS | MONDAY, OCTOBER 18, 2010
- Information Streams Accelerating the Attention Crisis LOUIS GRAY | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2010
- First Look: Starbucks Digital Network Is Here MASHABLE.COM | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2010
- For Millennials, Online Friends Are Real Friends IT'S JOSIP NOT JOSEPH | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2010
- Customer Service Social Media Style: A Pulse of the Industry View Part 1 DIVA MARKETING BLOG | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2010
- Blogging: The Most Effective Social Strategy FIREBELLY | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 22, 2010
- An Evolving PR Industry Gathers at the PRSA International Conference WHAT SPINKS THINKS | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2010
- The social media strategy series: Defining your resources GEMMA WENT | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2010
- Meet The Mobile Mavens; The Mobile Marketing Review Debuts Next Week MOBILEGROOVE | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2010
- 5 Great Reasons to Retweet Others on Twitter WEBBIQUITY SMM | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2010
- Realizing the Value of Time JUSTIN LEVY | SUNDAY, OCTOBER 17, 2010
- Millennials have found religion but will brands? SIMON MAINWARING | MONDAY, OCTOBER 18, 2010
- How To Get More YouTube Views TAYLOR MAREK | MONDAY, OCTOBER 18, 2010
- 8 Tips to Improve Campaign Landing Page Conversion FIFTH GEAR ANALYTICS | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2010
- TOMS vs. BOBS: How Skechers shot themselves in the foot SIMON MAINWARING | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2010
- Photographs, Digital Rights & Social Media Events GEOFF LIVINGSTON | SUNDAY, OCTOBER 17, 2010
- Apple’s New OS: Mac OS X Lion-O IDACONCPTS | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2010
- Crush It! UnReview JOEY STRAWN | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2010
- Spoiled Milk Shouldn't Represent Your Social Media Strategy STEPHANIE WONDERLIN | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2010
- Ra Ra Wrong. How Facebook’s Cheerleaders Are Blowing Smoke CONVINCE & CONVERT | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2010
- Just because you don’t get QR Codes doesn’t mean they won’t become relevant in the future of marketing & customer engagement SOCIAL WAYNE | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2010
- Life Online: Fraud, Security, Trust, Passwords and Paranoia LOUIS GRAY | SUNDAY, OCTOBER 17, 2010
- Invasive or Indispensable: The Case of Permanent GPS TECHIPEDIA: TAMAR WEINBERG | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2010
- Meta Tags And Keywords In Social Media SOCIAL MEDIA NETWORK MARKETING | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2010
- 5 Take Aways from the ANA's 2010 Masters of Marketing Conference CITIZEN MARKETER 2.1 | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2010
- We Should Always Ask Questions THE RELATIONSHIP ECONOMY | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 22, 2010
- October 2010: Isle of Man Twitter's top ten | Sherrilynne Starkie SHERRILYNNE STARKIE | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 22, 2010
- Ready to Drive the Chevy Camaro! STEPHANIE WONDERLIN | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2010
- How To Use Social Media In Your Small Business SOCIAL MEDIA NETWORK MARKETING | MONDAY, OCTOBER 18, 2010
- Twitter’s Biz Stone on Stolichnaya Vodka Ads IDACONCPTS | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2010
- Understanding B2B Campaign Responses – Building a Methodology FIFTH GEAR ANALYTICS | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 22, 2010
- Verizon's "Room to Learn" Community CITIZEN MARKETER 2.1 | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2010
- Building a Facebook Presence SPIN SUCKS | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2010
- How to Get Your Tweets Noticed PUSHING SOCIAL | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2010
- B2B Marketing ROI – Are You There Yet? FIFTH GEAR ANALYTICS | MONDAY, OCTOBER 18, 2010
- Email Marketing: Are You Sure You’re Not Spam? ABSOLUTE PA | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2010
- TED and Reddit interview Evgeny Morozov BLOG.TED.COM | MONDAY, OCTOBER 18, 2010
Social Media Informer can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.