| || |
| | SPIN SUCKS
OCTOBER 4, 2012 KitchenAid Handles Offensive Tweet Crisis Extraordinarily Well
I woke up this morning to a flurry of emails about KitchenAid. Apparently, whomever runs their Twitter account made the fatal mistake others before have done. Brands such as Chrysler , Kenneth Cole , and CelebBoutique have all made the mistake of tweeting something offensive from the business account, when it clearly was meant for the person’s personal account. It should be old news by now.
| | MINDJUMPERS
OCTOBER 3, 2012 How Social Media and Smart Devices Impact Consumers’ Buying Decisions [Infographic]
This brilliant infographic by Symphony Teleca entitled “The Meaning of Like”, illustrates how mobile devices and real-time access to review sites and social networks impact consumers’ buying decisions and overall retail experience. Social networks influence buying behavior. In response to that growing number, 85 % of people have already anticipated changes in their buying behavior.
| | ALMOST SAVVY
OCTOBER 4, 2012 Your Brand Screwed-Up On Social Media, Now What?
Headline from CNN. Bad things can happen to any business or brand. You do our best to avoid it; you hire the right people, make the right products, make the right decisions. Sometimes, though, things don’t go as planned and something, someone screws-up. It’s often what happens next that can make, break or save a brand’s reputation. This blog post isn’t about what happened.
| | SIMON MAINWARING
OCTOBER 1, 2012 Why social media is critical to the future of TV
Last week I had the pleasure of doing a keynote at the Televisa Conference in Mexico City. talked about the shared future of TV and social media and wanted to pass on some thoughts from the event. Here are four key reasons social media is so critical to the future of TV: 1. Product placement and social media increase the importance of television and advertising.
| || || || |
SPIN SUCKS What the Changing World of PR Means to Today’s Organizations
| TUESDAY, OCTOBER 2, 2012
Last week was an interesting week in the high-tech, social media, Internet geek world. First, Twitter is trying to figure out how to clean up its act, have a consistent brand, and make money, so it’s shutting out third-party app developers. Then, Justin Timberlake announced a new MySpace , taking advantage of the hits Facebook has had on Wall Street. And rage on the social networks helped get the NFL referees back to work. And, yet, organizations still are ignoring the effect the web has on their organizations. Never before have we had so little control…and so much control. MORE >>
JEFF KORHAN QR codes Save Lives
| TUESDAY, OCTOBER 2, 2012
StopAfib Mobile Site. There are many who are quick to dismiss what they do not understand well, and this certainly applies to the QR code. QR codes are much more than a means for connecting the virtual and physical worlds. They are mobile triggers that are portable, and therefore shareable. Consider what would happen if you could unify multiple communities that share a common challenge, some as users and others as influencers. What would happen if you could bring them all together to share their experiences and expertise? Non-Promotional QR Codes. Here it is. The Story of Stop Afib. MORE >>
PUSHING SOCIAL 7 Important Questions to Ask Before Redesigning Your Blog
| MONDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2012
Your blog design isn’t cutting it. You’ve tweaked and tinkered with the design but you know it’s time for a fresh start. Ok, let’s get you moving on the right path. Before you settle on a designer or theme, ask yourself these 7 questions: 1. Can you describe your brand? Your brand is your promise to reader s. Your brand is represented by blog’s look, feel, style and voice. Successful blogs create a cohesive brand and consistently communicate it in new and exciting ways. For example My friend Brenda Clevenger at Midlife Mona Lisa has a fun, sexy brand. What’s is your skill level? MORE >>
SOCIALFISH Clay Shirky Video!
| SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2012
As per usual, if I see a Clay Shirky video, I just post it. This one is awesome as usual – on the potential of the Internet to transform government. “The open-source world has learned to deal with a flood of new, oftentimes divergent, ideas using hosting services like GitHub — so why can’t governments? In this rousing talk Clay Shirky shows how democracies can take a lesson from the Internet, to be not just transparent but also to draw on the knowledge of all their citizens. ” ———— ( photo credit ). Humanize MORE >>
SPIN SUCKS Are Blog Subscribers the Only Success Metric?
| THURSDAY, OCTOBER 4, 2012
Today’s guest post is by Jayme Soulati . If your blog was ranked (how does that even happen?) and suddenly had a ton of subscribers, would that change your outlook on blogging? Would you love every minute of it and revel in your success? Or would it suck the joy out of it for you? Let’s back up… when you launched your blog , was it your goal to earn 500 or 1,000 subscribers in 12 months? Didn’t think so. But just like any popularity contest, numbers – votes – matter, right? And eventually, you start feeling a little “less than” when looking at your stats. MORE >>
- Social Networking Stats: Facebook Reaches 1 Billion Users, Foursquare Tops 25 Million, #RLTM Scoreboard THE REALTIME REPORT | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2012
- Five For Friday: October 5, 2012 GREG VERDINO | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2012
- [Exclusive] 5 factors driving the launch strategy of associationsnow.com SOCIALFISH | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 2, 2012
- Traditional Book Publishing vs. Self-Publishing SPIN SUCKS | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2012
- 67% of Consumers Are More Likely To Purchase From Mobile-Friendly Sites THE REALTIME REPORT | MONDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2012
- Facebook Celebrates 1 Billion Users With Ad About Chairs FIREBELLY | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2012
- Blogging Mastery: Weekend Assignment #10 – Your Blogging Checklist PUSHING SOCIAL | SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2012
- The Three Things Edition 1 SPIN SUCKS | SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2012
- 89% of CMOs Say Social Data Has Influenced Their Decisions THE REALTIME REPORT | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2012
- App dot net- It’s not Twitter JANET FOUTS | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 2, 2012
- How to Improve Google Adwords Quality Scores [Infographic] PUZZLE MARKETER | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 4, 2012
- Gin and Topics: The Hexaflexagon and the Most Adorable Boy SPIN SUCKS | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2012
- At Kellogg’s #tweetshop, Customers Pay For Crisps With Tweets THE REALTIME REPORT | MONDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2012
- A New Twist on Content SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2012
- This week in social media: Facebook, Google, Klout, LinkedIn, and more CREATIVE RAMBLINGS | SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2012
- Is Google Feedburner Shutting Down? QUICK ONLINE TIPS | SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2012
- The End Of Conversation TWIST IMAGE | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 4, 2012
- New Tools for Organizing & Optimizing your Life (and work!) STEPHEN P SMITH | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2012
- Startup Weekend (India): Social Entrepreneurship in Action WAXING UNLYRICAL | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 2, 2012
- How to Differentiate Your Content GEOFF LIVINGSTON | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 2, 2012
- 50 Great Tools for Bloggers and Freelance Writers KIKOLANI | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 2, 2012
- Dell: Excellence in customer service CREATIVE RAMBLINGS | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2012
- FriendFeed Turns Five. The One-Time Pioneer Is Still Here LOUIS GRAY | MONDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2012
- Facebook, a Company without a Vision GEOFF LIVINGSTON | MONDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2012
- 5 Reasons Why People Share Social Media Content ENGAGING BRAND | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2012
- Apologies in a Crisis and Other Lessons from Apple SPIN SUCKS | MONDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2012
- You missed my interview on Twitter? Here is the transcript! CREATIVE RAMBLINGS | MONDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2012
- UK Teen Troll and Australian Radio Host – Social Media vs Traditional LAUREL PAPWORTH | SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2012
- Are you strangling your community? SOCIALFISH | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 4, 2012
- Whole Lotta Influence Going On NET-SAVVY EXECUTIVE | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2012
- The 10 Most Impressive College Pinterest Pages SOCIALNOMICS | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2012
- The Truth Behind Branding In The Digital Media Age TWIST IMAGE | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2012
- 7 keys to compelling case studies DREW'S MARKETING MINUTE | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 2, 2012
- Which Country Uses The Internet Best? FIREBELLY | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2012
- How Classrooms Can Excel Using the Latest Technology and Social Media SOCIALNOMICS | SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2012
- Important Findings about Social Media around the World in 2012 MINDJUMPERS | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 4, 2012
- Celebrating two years of business THE WAY OF THE WEB | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2012
- #MobileFirst Data Points You Need To Know From @forrester @Econsultancy @manhattanresear MOBILEGROOVE | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2012
- In The Nick Of Real-Time TWIST IMAGE | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 2, 2012
- Is Your Social Media Policy Against the Law? CONVINCE & CONVERT | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 2, 2012
- How to Score a Job on the ProBlogger Job Board PROBLOGGER | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 2, 2012
Social Media Informer can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.