| || |
| | SPIN SUCKS
OCTOBER 4, 2012 KitchenAid Handles Offensive Tweet Crisis Extraordinarily Well
I woke up this morning to a flurry of emails about KitchenAid. Apparently, whomever runs their Twitter account made the fatal mistake others before have done. Brands such as Chrysler , Kenneth Cole , and CelebBoutique have all made the mistake of tweeting something offensive from the business account, when it clearly was meant for the person’s personal account. It should be old news by now.
| | MINDJUMPERS
OCTOBER 3, 2012 How Social Media and Smart Devices Impact Consumers’ Buying Decisions [Infographic]
This brilliant infographic by Symphony Teleca entitled “The Meaning of Like”, illustrates how mobile devices and real-time access to review sites and social networks impact consumers’ buying decisions and overall retail experience. Social networks influence buying behavior. In response to that growing number, 85 % of people have already anticipated changes in their buying behavior.
| | ALMOST SAVVY
OCTOBER 4, 2012 Your Brand Screwed-Up On Social Media, Now What?
Headline from CNN. Bad things can happen to any business or brand. You do our best to avoid it; you hire the right people, make the right products, make the right decisions. Sometimes, though, things don’t go as planned and something, someone screws-up. It’s often what happens next that can make, break or save a brand’s reputation. This blog post isn’t about what happened.
| | SIMON MAINWARING
OCTOBER 1, 2012 Why social media is critical to the future of TV
Last week I had the pleasure of doing a keynote at the Televisa Conference in Mexico City. talked about the shared future of TV and social media and wanted to pass on some thoughts from the event. Here are four key reasons social media is so critical to the future of TV: 1. Product placement and social media increase the importance of television and advertising.
| || || || |
FIREBELLY Facebook Celebrates 1 Billion Users With Ad About Chairs
| FRIDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2012
Facebook celebrated hitting the one billion user milestone by releasing a some-have-called-odd ad comparing itself to chairs. The video has already been spoofed on YouTube. You can watch it below: [Video URL: [link] ]. What do you think? Are chairs like Facebook? Blog Facebook Social Media MORE >>
THE REALTIME REPORT Social Networking Stats: Facebook Reaches 1 Billion Users, Foursquare Tops 25 Million, #RLTM Scoreboard
| FRIDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2012
The #RLTM Scoreboard: Social Networking Stats for the Week. Facebook: 1 billion active users. via Facebook. Twitter: over 500 million users. via Twopcharts. Qzone: 599 million monthly active users. via TechCrunch. Sina Weibo: over 368 million users. via China Daily. Renren: over 170 million users. via iResearch iUser Tracker. LinkedIn: 175 million members. via LinkedIn. Google Plus: 100 million monthly active users. via Google. Tumblr: 76 million blogs. via Tumblr. Instagram: 100 million users. via TechCrunch. Tagged: 20 million unique monthly users. via Tagged. via Forbes. MORE >>
SOCIALFISH Clay Shirky Video!
| SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2012
As per usual, if I see a Clay Shirky video, I just post it. This one is awesome as usual – on the potential of the Internet to transform government. “The open-source world has learned to deal with a flood of new, oftentimes divergent, ideas using hosting services like GitHub — so why can’t governments? In this rousing talk Clay Shirky shows how democracies can take a lesson from the Internet, to be not just transparent but also to draw on the knowledge of all their citizens. ” ———— ( photo credit ). Humanize MORE >>
GREG VERDINO Five For Friday: October 5, 2012
| FRIDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2012
It’s been a while since I’ve posted a Five For Friday round-up, but on the fifth day of the tenth (5+5 for the math-adverse among you) month in 2012 (2+0+1+2=5) I just couldn’t resist. That, and I’ve been reading and tweeting an awful lot of thought provoking articles lately. This week, innovation is on the docket so let’s take five looks at transformation as it applies to your strategy, your organization, your products, your marketing, and whatever industry you happen to be in. The Real Reason Companies Must Innovate. And indeed it does. ” Gotcha. MORE >>
SPIN SUCKS What the Changing World of PR Means to Today’s Organizations
| TUESDAY, OCTOBER 2, 2012
Last week was an interesting week in the high-tech, social media, Internet geek world. First, Twitter is trying to figure out how to clean up its act, have a consistent brand, and make money, so it’s shutting out third-party app developers. Then, Justin Timberlake announced a new MySpace , taking advantage of the hits Facebook has had on Wall Street. And rage on the social networks helped get the NFL referees back to work. And, yet, organizations still are ignoring the effect the web has on their organizations. Never before have we had so little control…and so much control. MORE >>
- 7 Important Questions to Ask Before Redesigning Your Blog PUSHING SOCIAL | MONDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2012
- [Exclusive] 5 factors driving the launch strategy of associationsnow.com SOCIALFISH | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 2, 2012
- App dot net- It’s not Twitter JANET FOUTS | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 2, 2012
- Are Blog Subscribers the Only Success Metric? SPIN SUCKS | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 4, 2012
- 67% of Consumers Are More Likely To Purchase From Mobile-Friendly Sites THE REALTIME REPORT | MONDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2012
- A New Twist on Content SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2012
- This week in social media: Facebook, Google, Klout, LinkedIn, and more CREATIVE RAMBLINGS | SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2012
- Traditional Book Publishing vs. Self-Publishing SPIN SUCKS | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2012
- 89% of CMOs Say Social Data Has Influenced Their Decisions THE REALTIME REPORT | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2012
- Is Google Feedburner Shutting Down? QUICK ONLINE TIPS | SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2012
- New Tools for Organizing & Optimizing your Life (and work!) STEPHEN P SMITH | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2012
- The End Of Conversation TWIST IMAGE | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 4, 2012
- How to Improve Google Adwords Quality Scores [Infographic] PUZZLE MARKETER | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 4, 2012
- 5 Reasons Why People Share Social Media Content ENGAGING BRAND | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2012
- Startup Weekend (India): Social Entrepreneurship in Action WAXING UNLYRICAL | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 2, 2012
- FriendFeed Turns Five. The One-Time Pioneer Is Still Here LOUIS GRAY | MONDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2012
- Dell: Excellence in customer service CREATIVE RAMBLINGS | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2012
- Are you strangling your community? SOCIALFISH | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 4, 2012
- QR codes Save Lives JEFF KORHAN | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 2, 2012
- Apologies in a Crisis and Other Lessons from Apple SPIN SUCKS | MONDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2012
- You missed my interview on Twitter? Here is the transcript! CREATIVE RAMBLINGS | MONDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2012
- Celebrating two years of business THE WAY OF THE WEB | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2012
- 50 Great Tools for Bloggers and Freelance Writers KIKOLANI | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 2, 2012
- Which Country Uses The Internet Best? FIREBELLY | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2012
- Guest post: Private messages posted to Facebook Timeline? CREATIVE RAMBLINGS | MONDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2012
- Whole Lotta Influence Going On NET-SAVVY EXECUTIVE | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2012
- Important Findings about Social Media around the World in 2012 MINDJUMPERS | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 4, 2012
- 3 Simple Guidelines for QR Codes CONVERSTATIONS | MONDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2012
- The Truth Behind Branding In The Digital Media Age TWIST IMAGE | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2012
- Facebook, a Company without a Vision GEOFF LIVINGSTON | MONDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2012
- Tips for Creating a Profitable Trade Show Experience SPIN SUCKS | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2012
- Bloggers Block – When The Words Just Won’t Come SOCMED SEAN | SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2012
- Say No to FOMO with MyLife.com IDACONCPTS | SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2012
- Blogger Relations Tips: Managing Trolls GET SOCIAL PR | SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2012
- On Crashing Weddings and Online Conversations SPIN SUCKS | MONDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2012
- How to Humanize Your Nonprofit in the Social Media Age SOCIALFISH | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 4, 2012
- Life Imitates Art: New User Interfaces Usher In an Age of Sci-fi DIGITAL VOICES | MONDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2012
- 5 great articles you may have missed (September 24-30, 2012) CREATIVE RAMBLINGS | SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2012
- Social Can Remove The Air Sandwich THE RELATIONSHIP ECONOMY | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 2, 2012
- Tomorrow SPRING CREEK | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2012
- Announcing The Impact Equation Pre-Order Blitz Offers CHRIS BROGAN | MONDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2012
Social Media Informer can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.