| || |
| | SPIN SUCKS
OCTOBER 10, 2012 Will Facebook Collections Kill Pinterest?
I almost hate to tell you about this because it’s not yet available to us, but it’s really freaking cool. I’m going to tell you and then you’ll have to wait. But I’m not sure how I feel about it because (as most of you know) I LOVE Pinterest. And this, from what I can tell, will be a direct competitor. Facebook Collections. Yes, that’s right. Pinterest Killer?
| | JEFF KORHAN
OCTOBER 10, 2012 Built In Social Business Expectations
What would you think if you visited your favorite store and they were closed? Over time customers develop expectations, and one of them is that your business is open, ready, and willing to serve. If you operate a small business you understand this. You open and close on time, and follow a number of other standard business practices. new expectation is that your business is friendly. How about you?
| | PAUL GILLIN
OCTOBER 11, 2012 15 Tips for Getting the Most From LinkedIn Groups
I spend a lot of time in LinkedIn groups and have learned a bit about maximizing their potential as conversation-starters. Here are 15 of my favorite tips. Please add your own as comments. Ask Questions. The best way to provoke discussion on LinkedIn is to ask questions. Rather than sharing a link to an article, use it to kick off a discussion. Do you agree?”. link]. Make it Personal. LinkedIn is the only major social network that doesn’t permit brands to interact as members. Only people can post content. With that in mind, make sure your posts have a personal tone. Follow Up. Mark Twain.
| | WAXING UNLYRICAL
OCTOBER 12, 2012 10 Observations on “Real” Public Relations and Social Media
Monday, Oct. 15, will see me complete six months since I started at MSL Washington DC. know many of you have wondered how I’ve been doing, and honestly, there’s no short answer to that question (though if you pressed me, I’d say “mostly good”). I’ve been (am) busy, and tired (oh, so tired!). And I thought some of you might relate. So here they are. mean, all.
| || || || |
ONE SOCIAL MEDIA How Important Is Trust in Social Media?
| FRIDAY, OCTOBER 12, 2012
Tweet “You have to gain people’s trust online” has almost become cliche in the online marketing community. But it’s perhaps the most important thing you can do if you want to have the online presences you’ve always hoped for. The challenge? Most people are not willing to spend the time and effort it really takes to generate trust online, which may then turn into online conversions: People inquiring about you or your company turning into real customers who are purchasing from you repeatedly. Of course not. How many interactions would you have to have with me? MORE >>
UNSPOKEN Social Media Use: Three Big Mistakes Made by Small Businesses
| MONDAY, OCTOBER 8, 2012
According to a recent Manta survey , a staggering 90 percent of small business owners are using the web to network with potential customers and promote products and services. In seeking to connect with and grow an audience online , small businesses frequently turn to social media sites. And why not? With user numbers in the hundreds of millions, sites like Facebook , LinkedIn , Twitter , and even Google+ offer small businesses the chance to reach current customers and the opportunity to acquire many more. Here are a few of the biggest: Believing social media is free. All business, all the time. MORE >>
PAUL GILLIN What Makes a Good B2B Online Video
| WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 10, 2012
I spent some time with comic video whiz Tim Washer (also @timwasher ) at B2B Forum last week, and he followed up with a few questions about how B2B companies are using online video as part of their content marketing programs. shared some opinions with him, but why not share them with everybody else as well? I’d like to hear your answers to these questions, too. What companies have succeeded/failed at using videos for B2B marketing? There are numerous successes, and Tim’s list on SocialMediaB2B is a good starting point. would add Cisco to that list. Google also does a great job. MORE >>
SPIN SUCKS Six Tips to Clear and Effective Communication
| MONDAY, OCTOBER 8, 2012
Today’s guest post is by Luke Capizzo. With rapidly multiplying communications channels and increasingly instantaneous expectations, one critical piece of our basic writing can be lost: The correct tone and organization to get our messages across effectively. We’re constantly searching for how to get more accomplished while staring at glowing rectangles. The answer can be as straightforward as writing internal messages with the same intensity and purpose as the big news release. When the need is for action, we must use words that distill clarity and purpose. Audience(s). Persuasiveness. MORE >>
PUSHING SOCIAL 21 Better Ways to Do Blogger Outreach
| TUESDAY, OCTOBER 9, 2012
This week, I’ve already received 9 requests for product reviews. I’ve rejected them all. I’m sure many of them had an interesting product, savvy management team, and incredible dreams for the future. The problem was that they all treated me and my readers as just another to-do item. We were their blogger outreach target and they treated us like any other blogger. That’s why their generic pitches are sitting in the trash folder. There are better ways to do blogger outreach. In fact, there are 21 better ways: 1. Know what they want to know about and buy. Yet, I still get review requests. MORE >>
- Social Business Models: Fast, Fluid and Flexible THE RELATIONSHIP ECONOMY | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 9, 2012
- Today’s Visualization Tools Help Our Brains Understand Social Monitoring UNSPOKEN | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2012
- More On The Social Enterprise: Social Media At Scale JUGNOO | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 10, 2012
- Should Journalists Be Required to Link to Inspiration Sources? SPIN SUCKS | MONDAY, OCTOBER 8, 2012
- Seven Ways to Get More From Your Nonprofit’s Email Marketing Strategy SOCIALFISH | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 12, 2012
- Embedding Google+ Comments on Websites Will Boost Google+ to New Levels QUICK ONLINE TIPS | SATURDAY, OCTOBER 6, 2012
- What Made Oreo’s “Daily Twist” Campaign So Engaging? MINDJUMPERS | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 12, 2012
- Dear Pinterest: I Loathe You No Longer SPIN SUCKS | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 10, 2012
- The Four Major Consumer Segments and How to Reach Them ONE SOCIAL MEDIA | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2012
- 7 Blog Marketing Ideas the Experts Forgot To Tell You [Special Report] PUSHING SOCIAL | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 10, 2012
- Humanize Public Workshop, DC Tuesday 10/16 SOCIALFISH | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2012
- NFL Crowdsources Videos; Increases Social Media Presence SPIN SUCKS | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 9, 2012
- Passbook and Small Businesses FREELANCE SOCIAL MEDIA | MONDAY, OCTOBER 8, 2012
- Blog Mastery Assignment #11: Quick Tips for A Winning Blog Strategy PUSHING SOCIAL | SATURDAY, OCTOBER 6, 2012
- Twitter Users Are 68% More Likely To Visit Political Campaign Donation Sites THE REALTIME REPORT | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 12, 2012
- Review of Content Marketing Measurement Platform Squeeze SPIN SUCKS | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2012
- Consumers use social media to tell brands: “We want to help” (Part 2) SIMON MAINWARING | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 10, 2012
- Perception, Reality, and Public Relations WAXING UNLYRICAL | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 10, 2012
- Fun with Facebook Comment Emoticons JEFF KORHAN | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 12, 2012
- The Name Game: ‘AAAA Taxi’ Won’t Cut it Anymore SPIN SUCKS | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2012
- 12 Ways to DO and NOT DO a Social Media Press Release – MSF Medecins Sans Frontieres LAUREL PAPWORTH | MONDAY, OCTOBER 8, 2012
- NEW! Achieving App Impact: Using SMS To Encourage Ongoing Engagement MOBILEGROOVE | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 10, 2012
- How the Internet has Changed in the Last 10 Years [Infographic] PAMORAMA | SATURDAY, OCTOBER 6, 2012
- Gin and Topics: Richard Simmons and Canadian Dance Moves SPIN SUCKS | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 12, 2012
- From #HungertoHope on World Food Day WAXING UNLYRICAL | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 9, 2012
- How Social Media can Fix the Troll and Bullying problem LAUREL PAPWORTH | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 9, 2012
- Infographic – 86 Percent of Users May Leave a Website When Asked to Create an Account CONVINCE & CONVERT | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 10, 2012
- The Three Things, Edition 2 SPIN SUCKS | SUNDAY, OCTOBER 7, 2012
- 5 tips to be a LinkedIn power user CREATIVE RAMBLINGS | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 9, 2012
- How Content Marketing helps to generate up to 40% more Revenue INBLURBS | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 9, 2012
- Birth of the Chief Marketing Technology Officer ATOM THOUGHT | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 10, 2012
- #FollowFriday: Adam Toporek SPIN SUCKS | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 12, 2012
- This week in social media (October 1-5, 2012) CREATIVE RAMBLINGS | SATURDAY, OCTOBER 6, 2012
- Coping with the Klout Reality GEOFF LIVINGSTON | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 9, 2012
- Mobile Driving News Consumption, Participation & “Reporting” MOBILEGROOVE | MONDAY, OCTOBER 8, 2012
- 3 Reasons Your Facebook Page Seems to Suck Right Now JANET FOUTS | MONDAY, OCTOBER 8, 2012
- Collaboration Use Cases for Executives JACOB MORGAN | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 9, 2012
- Did you know you can ‘bookmark’ tweets to use as social proof? ABSOLUTE PA | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2012
- The Most Famous Celebrity and Big Brand Social Media Blunders ONE SOCIAL MEDIA | MONDAY, OCTOBER 8, 2012
- 5 Steps to Marketing Your Blog Even if You’re Broke PUSHING SOCIAL | MONDAY, OCTOBER 8, 2012
- Cartoon of the day JEFF ESPOSITO | MONDAY, OCTOBER 8, 2012
Social Media Informer can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.