| || |
| | SPIN SUCKS
APRIL 25, 2012 Is Blogging Dead or Are Companies Not Trying Hard Enough?
When I speak to CEO organizations , I typically run through a series of quick slides that show where technology is right at this moment. For instance: There were 107 trillion emails sent last year, Facebook is at more than 900 million users , Pinterest is closing in on 15 million users , and there are three billion videos streamed on YouTube every day. get it. magazine. So, I see.
| | UNSPOKEN
APRIL 23, 2012 Will Celebrities Ever GET Social?
It ‘s a given – Celebrities are social. Transformed by the Red Carpet, interviews and filling the stream via Social Media. Some are using the social universe well to promote… And that’s exactly NOT what I’m talking about. Do today’s media stars really get, or understand, the power of social media. Do they get the power of engagement that they have at their fingertips? Are they using the relationship they have with those who follow them to change beliefs or effect change? People matter, YOU matter , but brands don’t. But what do you choose to do instead?
| | SOCIALFISH
APRIL 23, 2012 Are Digital Badges and DIY Learning the Future of Education?
As someone who has a kid headed to college in three years, the concept of the staggering cost of a college education combined with the reality that a college degree (or even graduate degree) is no longer the guarantee of employment it used to be is one that weighs heavily on me. Shocker. So when I read this article about digital badges and DIY learning, I was intrigued. As if. photo credit ).
| | KYLE LACY
APRIL 24, 2012 Three Ways to Accelerate Fierce Loyalty in Your Community
Last week I presented the Fierce Loyalty model in a half-day workshop and during the Q & A, a gentleman raised his hand and said “I totally see how the pieces come together for fierce loyalty. m just wondering, is there a way to make them come together faster?”. This is far and away the number one question I get. Even though everyone understands that creating a fiercely loyal community takes commitment and time (just like any other relationship), we can’t let go of our need for speed. And I have good news. Yes, there are what I call “Fierce Loyalty Accelerators”. 2) Build in exclusivity.
| || || || |
INBLURBS New Data Shows: Social Media Is Getting Results for B2B
| TUESDAY, APRIL 24, 2012
Successful companies use every possible communication channel to get in touch with their target audience. They are interested in what their recent and future customers are thinking and communicating about them. This communication ability helps them to better understand and to serve their audience, which sets them apart from their competition and gives them wide advantages in their business field. Businesses which are willing to communicate with their audience in blogs and social media show that they care about the people who spend their money with them. Where are Marketers going in 2012? MORE >>
DAVE FLEET Communication is about what they hear, not what you say
| TUESDAY, APRIL 24, 2012
If you think you’ve conveyed something but the other person hears something completely different, is that their fault or yours? . Recently a friend of mine posted a photo on Facebook: As pithy and humorous as it was, I disagreed. Strongly. From From my perspective the onus is on you to consider not just the words coming out of your mouth, but how they are received. Everyone has their own background and context that they overlay on top of what they hear. It’s our jobs as communicators to consider that perspective and to adjust the way we communicate accordingly. What do you think? MORE >>
SOCIALFISH The Internet, Social Media and the Democratization of Education
| TUESDAY, APRIL 24, 2012
This is a guest post by Zach Buckley, a recent college graduate who is interested in the intersection of technology, education and online learning. ————————– We all depend on the Internet to make our lives easier in many different ways—whether it’s contacting a friend or finding the nearest sushi restaurant. However, the Internet—along with social media and modern technological devices—has the capacity to enhance our lives in a myriad of ways. The Internet as a Leveler for Education. percent jump from the previous year. photo credit ). MORE >>
SPIN SUCKS 10 Ways to Improve Landing Page Conversions
| THURSDAY, APRIL 26, 2012
We talked yesterday about whether or not blogging is dead and, in the comments, there was a good discussion about the big scary ROI. Some of the Spin Sucks community thinks the reason companies are abandoning blogs as quickly as they start them is because they haven’t figured out how to generate leads (and rightfully so). Having specific landing pages tied to different pieces of content is a really effective way to track your leads and provide the sales team with a nice little pipeline. With that in mind, following are 10 ways to improve your landing page conversions. Keep it clean! MORE >>
ARI HERZOG The Death of Blogging: Part 271
| TUESDAY, APRIL 24, 2012
It seems that every month there is a newspaper article about the death of blogging. Editors talk. Verne Kopytoff wrote a sensationalist headline in the New York Times in February 2011 entitled, “ Blogs Wane as the Young Drift to Sites Like Twitter.” ” I and others responded at the time why Verne was nuts and blogging was very alive. Another year and another headline, this time in my local newspaper, The Daily News of Newburyport, in the form of an editorial entitled, “ Blogging Dies Its Slow Death.” ” As if. It’s Kopytoff all over again. Media bloggin MORE >>
- Location Data Use & Misuse; How Marketers Must Approach Mobile Sentient Consumers MOBILEGROOVE | THURSDAY, APRIL 26, 2012
- Social Media Marketing: Get On Board Or Get Left Behind JUGNOO | TUESDAY, APRIL 24, 2012
- The PR Nightmare for Walmart SPIN SUCKS | TUESDAY, APRIL 24, 2012
- The Fastest and Slowest News Sites in 2012 ADAM SHERK | TUESDAY, APRIL 24, 2012
- 5 Ways to Diffuse a Twitter War in Regards to Your Brand KYLE LACY | THURSDAY, APRIL 26, 2012
- How to Use JugnooMe for Your Social Media Campaign JUGNOO | THURSDAY, APRIL 26, 2012
- Create your own newspaper on Twitter with The Tweeted Times CREATIVE RAMBLINGS | MONDAY, APRIL 23, 2012
- How To Change Your Facebook Page Name FIREBELLY | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 25, 2012
- Sex, Drugs, and Social Media – Do You Talk To Your Kids About Their Digital Behaviors? SOCMED SEAN | SUNDAY, APRIL 22, 2012
- Humanize Does Not Mean Touchy-Feely SOCIALFISH | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 25, 2012
- Women Entrepreneurs and Business Owners Have Social Network SPIN SUCKS | MONDAY, APRIL 23, 2012
- Moms Are The Ultimate Marketers KYLE LACY | MONDAY, APRIL 23, 2012
- 3 Ways to Repurpose Old Content to Create New Premium Products DANNY BROWN | MONDAY, APRIL 23, 2012
- Turn your Google+ news stream into Pinterest CREATIVE RAMBLINGS | FRIDAY, APRIL 27, 2012
- Manipulate Google at Your Own Risk JEFF KORHAN | SUNDAY, APRIL 22, 2012
- Nine Books for Communicators SPIN SUCKS | MONDAY, APRIL 23, 2012
- How to Actively Use Facebook Post Insights to Improve Your Community Management MINDJUMPERS | THURSDAY, APRIL 26, 2012
- It’s Always About the Team – Always DANNY BROWN | TUESDAY, APRIL 24, 2012
- Grappling with Google Plus CONVERSTATIONS | FRIDAY, APRIL 27, 2012
- Five Ways to Get Your CEO to Embrace Social Engagement SPIN SUCKS | THURSDAY, APRIL 26, 2012
- How Advertisers Are Using Facebook Ads [Infographic] MINDJUMPERS | TUESDAY, APRIL 24, 2012
- Music Crosses Borders. You Can Help. SOCIALFISH | SUNDAY, APRIL 22, 2012
- Vision Is a Two Way Thing DANNY BROWN | FRIDAY, APRIL 27, 2012
- Legal Rules for Creating Flash Mobs and Performances SPIN SUCKS | TUESDAY, APRIL 24, 2012
- The Era of Technological Collaboration THE RELATIONSHIP ECONOMY | FRIDAY, APRIL 27, 2012
- Gushcloud: Mobilizing Social Media Marketing MINDJUMPERS | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 25, 2012
- When virtual worlds collide: Facebook meets 3D shopping SIMON MAINWARING | TUESDAY, APRIL 24, 2012
- Saving the Millennial Workforce from Bad Perceptions SPIN SUCKS | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 25, 2012
- How are the top hotel brands innovating in social media? FRESHNETWORKS | TUESDAY, APRIL 24, 2012
- Is Your Business Ready to Pivot? JEFF KORHAN | TUESDAY, APRIL 24, 2012
- Google Analytics: Universally Useful and Ever-Improving FIFTH GEAR ANALYTICS | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 25, 2012
- The Future of Blogging: I Had to Tell You This VIPER CHILL | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 25, 2012
- China: The Future of Social Commerce FRESHNETWORKS | FRIDAY, APRIL 27, 2012
- Specific Solutions are Better JEFF KORHAN | THURSDAY, APRIL 26, 2012
- Digital, Social, Brands in 60 Seconds [Infographic] PUZZLE MARKETER | THURSDAY, APRIL 26, 2012
- Key Activity: Twitter Workflow CONVERSTATIONS | MONDAY, APRIL 23, 2012
- If You Want to Pitch A Blogger Successfully, DON’T Do This DANNY BROWN | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 25, 2012
- Video and Social Media on the Rise Say 79% of US Marketing Professionals INBLURBS | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 25, 2012
- IBM’s Beck: Social Business is About Enablement, Not Control PAUL GILLIN | TUESDAY, APRIL 24, 2012
- 3 reasons why LinkedIn is stronger than Facebook SOCIALNOMICS | TUESDAY, APRIL 24, 2012
- Great Barrier Reef Competition Winners Have Been Notified #QldBlog PROBLOGGER | MONDAY, APRIL 23, 2012
Social Media Informer can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.