| || |
| | ADAM SHERK
MARCH 8, 2012 8 Social Media Questions Publishers Should Be Asking Themselves
For most publishers social media has earned itself a prominent seat at the audience development table. However many still face issues with strategy, execution and incorporating social into a cohesive program. This week I took part in an OPA Social Media Day panel on social media for audience development with Lisa Brewer from Time Inc. and Sasha Koren from The New York Times. AddThis). Social Medi
| | SPIN SUCKS
MARCH 8, 2012 Five Ways to Measure Social Media Efforts
A couple of weeks ago, I was standing in line at security in the Ft. Lauderdale airport. was fascinated at the three and a half hour line (which I thankfully didn’t have to go through) and commented on it to the guy standing behind me. We started to talk and he asked me what I was doing in Florida. He asked if that included social media. said, “Yeah. ” They are a dime a dozen.
| | DANNY BROWN
MARCH 6, 2012 The Only Pinterest Post You’ll Ever Need to Read – EVER!
Unless you’ve been living under a social rock in the last few weeks, you’ll have seen about a trazillion blog posts about Pinterest. It’s actually been around for just under two years, but recently exploded in users. Go to Amazon and type in “Pinterest” and you get 25 results in the books section. Maybe. We’ll have to wait until the books are released to be sure.
| | SOCIALFISH
MARCH 5, 2012 Why Komen Was Destined to Clash with Social Media
This is a guest post by Kami Watson Huyse, CEO of Zoetica Media and editor of the Communications Overtones blog. Lucky for us, she agreed. Enjoy. There are politics and then there are politics. And the worst politics are usually the internal ones. Anyone who has ever worked for a large organization knows the tangle of bureaucratic tape that it usually takes to get anything done. Photo by WeNews.
| || || || |
WAXING UNLYRICAL The Anatomy of the Perfect Pitch
| WEDNESDAY, MARCH 7, 2012
That’s a teaser, of course. Because there is no such thing as the “perfect pitch.” ” There are terrible pitches, there are so-so pitches, and there are very good pitches. But to me, a perfect pitch would be one that secured every single story it was aiming for. And as far as I know, no one holds that record. You can , however, write a very good pitch. I’d like to think that I’ve written (or spoken) my fair share of them, though I still didn’t get every single hit I wanted (or the client wanted). Oh well. That’s just how it goes. ” See? MORE >>
SOCMED SEAN Innovators, Entrepreneurs, and Developers: Use Your Skills In The Fight Against Diabetes!
| TUESDAY, MARCH 6, 2012
I am a sucker for a challenge…almost to a fault. just can’t walk away from a good opportunity to wrap my brain around a problem. Just ask anyone who knows me, the easiest way to get me to solve a problem is to say something like “you can’t do that” or “everyone else has tried and no one has figured it out” To me, that’s like throwing down the gauntlet and daring me to find a solution. I'm a sucker for a good whiteboarding session. Photo courtesy of RRix on Flickr via Creative Commons. You see, I’m a connector. It’s a rush. Excited? MORE >>
PUSHING SOCIAL How to Get Serious About Promoting Your Blog
| WEDNESDAY, MARCH 7, 2012
You know by now that simply writing great blog posts won’t guarantee success. Sadly, thousands of blogs with well-written blog posts are dying anonymous deaths every day. While expertly written posts are essential for retaining visitors and boosting repeat visitors, they aren’t as useful as a blog promotional tool. Unfortunately, blog promotion and blog building has been used interchangeably by many of the experts. This misconception leads hardworking bloggers down the road of fiddling with blog tweaks and mechanics while their blog suffers from a lack of traffic. Don’t confuse the two. MORE >>
JUGNOO Understanding the Social Ecosystem: Will Google Ever Succeed at Social?
| MONDAY, MARCH 5, 2012
?. This week, Google’s new privacy announcement caused international outrage, as countries cried foul contending the search giant didn’t take the proper steps to consult or inform consumers prior to issuing this new policy. More importantly, it did not provide proper disclosure regarding the impact of user data under the new umbrella policy. This policy aims to treat users of those services who are signed into their Google accounts as individual users, with services under the blanket policy sharing data with each other. Simply put, Google will know more (everything?) about Yahoo! MORE >>
DAVE FLEET Where does content fit in Facebook’s new marketing model?
| MONDAY, MARCH 5, 2012
While marketers everywhere seem to be focused on Facebook Timelines for brands, the latest changes to Facebook’s advertising model represent just as significant a change for brands – if not even more so. How so, you ask? Let’s start by. marketer’s journey on Facebook: from engagement to advertising. Facebook has a saying that, “this journey is 1% finished.” There’s nothing new in the fact that the vast majority of user/brand interactions come through the news feed. Sound crazy? Enter Facebook’s new advertising products. Paid advertising. MORE >>
- Social Tip: Organizing Photos In The New Facebook Timeline SOCMED SEAN | TUESDAY, MARCH 6, 2012
- Pin It To Win It [Infographic] MINDJUMPERS | TUESDAY, MARCH 6, 2012
- Mobile is an Opportunity to Re-Humanize Your Company SOCIALFISH | TUESDAY, MARCH 6, 2012
- Why Businesses Should Take a Note from the Fisher Association of Marketing Professionals DANNY BROWN | FRIDAY, MARCH 9, 2012
- Shiny Object Syndrome Hurts Us All SPIN SUCKS | TUESDAY, MARCH 6, 2012
- Editorial Planning for Facebook Marketing MINDJUMPERS | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 7, 2012
- MUST READ info on the recent Facebook changes SOCIALFISH | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 7, 2012
- What Marathon Training Can Teach You About Blogging PUSHING SOCIAL | THURSDAY, MARCH 8, 2012
- Tablets and Smartphones Make SoLoMo Here to Stay JUGNOO | TUESDAY, MARCH 6, 2012
- Best Facebook Marketing Tips, Techniques and Tools of 2011, Part 2 WEBBIQUITY SMM | TUESDAY, MARCH 6, 2012
- You Don’t Always Need 100 Million Dollars or 100 Years for Traditional Advertising to Work DANNY BROWN | MONDAY, MARCH 5, 2012
- How to Attract and Seduce New Blog Readers PUSHING SOCIAL | TUESDAY, MARCH 6, 2012
- Shift the Perception of Public Relations SPIN SUCKS | MONDAY, MARCH 5, 2012
- Facebook Timeline for Brands: Curation and Palpitation DAVE FLEET | THURSDAY, MARCH 8, 2012
- Old Media’s Influence Over Social Media THE RELATIONSHIP ECONOMY | TUESDAY, MARCH 6, 2012
- The social media landscape in 2012 – infographic FRESHNETWORKS | FRIDAY, MARCH 9, 2012
- Thank Readers Who +1 Your Articles in Google Search Results QUICK ONLINE TIPS | THURSDAY, MARCH 8, 2012
- Seven Elements of Compelling PR and Social Media Storytelling WEBBIQUITY SMM | THURSDAY, MARCH 8, 2012
- What Do All These People Want? THE RELATIONSHIP ECONOMY | SUNDAY, MARCH 4, 2012
- The Two Missing Links in Your Content Strategy SPIN SUCKS | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 7, 2012
- CIO Challenges Educators to Stay Relevant PAUL GILLIN | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 7, 2012
- The Problem with Blending Organic Results with Social Information DIRECT MARKETING OBSERVATIONS | THURSDAY, MARCH 8, 2012
- Adapting Analysis and Visualization to Our Fast and Slow Brains FIFTH GEAR ANALYTICS | FRIDAY, MARCH 9, 2012
- TwInbox: A powerful Twitter client for Microsoft Outlook CREATIVE RAMBLINGS | SATURDAY, MARCH 3, 2012
- Why Curation Is Just as Important as Creation [OPINION] MASHABLE.COM | THURSDAY, MARCH 8, 2012
- 14 Ways New Facebook Betrays Small Business CONVINCE & CONVERT | SUNDAY, MARCH 4, 2012
- Content Marketing ROI Show and Tell [Infographic] FIFTH GEAR ANALYTICS | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 7, 2012
- How does Fear Create Value for Your Company GET SOCIAL PR | MONDAY, MARCH 5, 2012
- Labour or Conservatives: Who’s making the best use of Facebook? FRESHNETWORKS | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 7, 2012
- Are You a Corporate Rebel? SOCIAL MEDIA STRATEGERY | TUESDAY, MARCH 6, 2012
- More B2B Marketing on Mad Marketing TV — The After Party BUZZ MARKETING FOR TECHNOLOGY | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 7, 2012
- Time Management: 5 Tips You Need To Know KIKOLANI | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 7, 2012
- Visitors, Lurkers, And Members FEVER BEE | MONDAY, MARCH 5, 2012
- A Social Media Master Class TWIST IMAGE | THURSDAY, MARCH 8, 2012
- Facebook Timeline For Pages: 5 Must-Reads FIREBELLY | MONDAY, MARCH 5, 2012
- How to Get Serious About Promoting Your Blog PUSHING SOCIAL | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 7, 2012
- Change your Facebook Page name FREELANCE SOCIAL MEDIA | MONDAY, MARCH 5, 2012
- Is Social Media A Strategy or A Tactic? DIVA MARKETING BLOG | THURSDAY, MARCH 8, 2012
- The Future of Facebook 2012-2025 FIREBELLY | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 7, 2012
- Seven Minutes To Viral Video Success TWIST IMAGE | FRIDAY, MARCH 9, 2012
- Cartoon of the day JEFF ESPOSITO | MONDAY, MARCH 5, 2012
Social Media Informer can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.