| || |
| | AKAMAI MARKETING
JULY 6, 2011 Does it matter who follows you on Twitter or Facebook?
Photo by Ken Lund, Creative Commons. Interesting question, isn’t it? Generally speaking, I’d say the answer is yes, but the REASONS you should care might surprise you. Here’s some different ways of looking at it: The care and feeding of followers and fans. I’m not a believer in checking my followers to see what they can do for me. My question is “what can I do for them. Ultimately, I think this attitude pays big dividends, but it is the long road and the high road. This school of thinking is my typical default for personal accounts, soloprenuers and consultants.
| | SIMON MAINWARING
JULY 6, 2011 Free downloadable We First Manifesto
I’m excited to share today a new downloadable We First manifesto that is kindly being published by 800ceoRead. It’s called ‘We First: How Brands and Consumers can partner to Build a Better World.’ To that end, please feel free to share the manifesto with friend s or colleagues.
| | MINDJUMPERS
JULY 6, 2011 5 Ways To Increase Your Facebook Fan Base
Tweet Facebook is a great channel to gain exposure and to drive dialogue with your tribe of fans. However, starting a Facebook presence will not give you immediate response. One thing is to get people to go to your page, another thing is to get people to push the magic Like button so that you are connected. Create a welcome page. Do not be afraid to directly remind people to push the Like button!
| | MOBILEGROOVE
JULY 6, 2011 Blyk Sells Indian Youth On Permission Mobile Marketing
Since launching its permission-based marketing service with Indian mobile operator Aircel in November 2010, mobile messaging media company Blyk reports over one million opted-in users. But the milestone doesn’t only confirm the attraction of a model that delivers advertising to people with their permission and in tune with their preferences. 40+ mobile campaigns. Undefining youth.
| || || || |
- Don’t tell Jelli there is no ROI in Social Media!
I had the pleasure of meeting the team from Jelli ( [link] ) a few weeks back. Jelli for those of you who don’t know it already is 100% user controlled radio so what Pandora is doing for music is what Jelli is doing for radio – totally crowdsourced. The site I have to admit is so easy to use it’s addictive; within seconds of registering you are affecting the world of radio, as we know it – “rocketing” songs to the top and “bombing” songs to the bottom of the list. In fact recently two radio stations have been completely taken over by Jelli progamming! For example – 94.5 MORE >>
MOBILEGROOVE #DearKen: Should I Automate My #Socialmedia?
| WEDNESDAY, JULY 6, 2011
And if I do, how can I maintain a “personal touch? What a *great* question, thank you! The simple answer is you shouldn’t automate ANY part of your social media marketing, communications, product development, customer service, or talent acquisition efforts. At least, not until you understand social media well enough to know exactly how to use each social media channel to connect with your target audience. Do you really want to drive faster in the dark? Your mileage will vary. real person, or an anonymous entity? What your mom never told you about automating social media. Bakers. MORE >>
BRASS TACK THINKING What I Wish More People Knew About Me
| WEDNESDAY, JULY 6, 2011
This post might be completely narcissistic. Sorry. By all means skip it if you like. But I had a really interesting conversation with some friends over on Google+ about the fact that social media can create really superficial vantage points. We can see a few tweets or a blog post or a Facebook status from someone and think we’ve got them all figured out. So much nuance can be lost in the midst of snippets of electronic and fleeting communication. By contrast, social media has and continues to bring me some of the most meaningful friends and relationships I’ve ever had. Or try. MORE >>
SHERRILYNNE STARKIE Ring friends from Facebook | Sherrilynne Starkie
| WEDNESDAY, JULY 6, 2011
KIKOLANI How To Start a Blog in 7 Days
| WEDNESDAY, JULY 6, 2011
This is a guest post by Tony Hue. Sorry, Darren Rowse. just don’t have the commitment to build a better blog in 31 days. Nor do I have $20. In fact, I don’t think anyone needs 31 Days to Build a Better Blog. You have the talent, you have the passion, and, evidently, you have the desire to improve your blog. So join me, young Frodo. Let’s build a blog people want to read. In 7 days. Day 1. Look at you! Your blog is better already as you read this sentence! Pat yourself on the back! Alright. Before I continue, I will ask you 3 important questions. Why do you blog, Tony? Day 2. MORE >>
- It’s Okay to Intern After Graduation PR AT SUNRISE | WEDNESDAY, JULY 6, 2011
- Shifting from Content Consumers to Content Producers KYLE LACY | WEDNESDAY, JULY 6, 2011
- LinkedIn Is The #1 Social Network SMALL BUSINESS MAVERICKS | WEDNESDAY, JULY 6, 2011
- Three Possibilities for Social Commerce SPIN SUCKS | WEDNESDAY, JULY 6, 2011
- “Haters Gonna Hate” Or A Lame Assed Cop Out? DANNY BROWN | WEDNESDAY, JULY 6, 2011
- Connect The Social Dots THE RELATIONSHIP ECONOMY | WEDNESDAY, JULY 6, 2011
- Google+ vs Facebook SMTHREE | WEDNESDAY, JULY 6, 2011
- What Is Your Personal Tagline? SPIN SUCKS | WEDNESDAY, JULY 6, 2011
- Google+ Introductory Tutorial SOCIALFISH | WEDNESDAY, JULY 6, 2011
- Why independent artists need to change CREATIVE RAMBLINGS | WEDNESDAY, JULY 6, 2011
- GOOGLE PLUS: IT’S EARLY BUT INTERESTING. MYRLAND MARKETING | WEDNESDAY, JULY 6, 2011
- Do You Get It? WAXING UNLYRICAL | WEDNESDAY, JULY 6, 2011
- Why Best Buy and Hertz Fail ARI HERZOG | WEDNESDAY, JULY 6, 2011
- Wordless Wednesday: A Growing To Do List FIREBELLY | WEDNESDAY, JULY 6, 2011
- Whole Lotta Sharing Going On JEFF KORHAN | WEDNESDAY, JULY 6, 2011
- Facebook Video Calling for Real Time marketing with social media INBLURBS | WEDNESDAY, JULY 6, 2011
- A Holistic Blogging Perspective: From Dialogues to Collaborative Value CONVERSIONATION | WEDNESDAY, JULY 6, 2011
- Will Open Data Give Rise to Great Stuff? THIS, THAT AND THE OTHER | WEDNESDAY, JULY 6, 2011
- Global Intranet Trends for 2011 (part 1) JACOB MORGAN | WEDNESDAY, JULY 6, 2011
- Why I Hate @UnMarketing and @GiniDietrich DEVELOP SOCIALLY | WEDNESDAY, JULY 6, 2011
- The Limitations of Facebook Insights For Websites PWB MARKETING BLOG | WEDNESDAY, JULY 6, 2011
- Why Guest Posts are Important to Your Blog TRADESMEN INSIGHTS | WEDNESDAY, JULY 6, 2011
- The Limitations of Facebook Insights For Websites | PWB Marketing Blog PWB MARKETING BLOG | WEDNESDAY, JULY 6, 2011
- BackType Analytics acquired by Twitter WEB METRICS GURU | WEDNESDAY, JULY 6, 2011
- Just because you can… DREW'S MARKETING MINUTE | WEDNESDAY, JULY 6, 2011
- The Boy Scout Handbook of Social Media ENGAGE | WEDNESDAY, JULY 6, 2011
- Social media summer reading list JEFF ESPOSITO | WEDNESDAY, JULY 6, 2011
- Reciprocal Behavior in Social Networks CHRIS BROGAN | WEDNESDAY, JULY 6, 2011
- Crowds Swarm Madison Avenue and CMO’s BLUE FOCUS MARKETING | WEDNESDAY, JULY 6, 2011
- Look For New Discussion Ideas FEVER BEE | WEDNESDAY, JULY 6, 2011
- The Blogger’s Ultimate Guide to YouTube Success PROBLOGGER | WEDNESDAY, JULY 6, 2011
- Value Drivers in Social Media DIRECT MARKETING OBSERVATIONS | WEDNESDAY, JULY 6, 2011
- How to Build a Business By Supporting Bloggers: a Case Study PROBLOGGER | WEDNESDAY, JULY 6, 2011
- NASA Tweets as the Shuttle Sunsets GEOFF LIVINGSTON | WEDNESDAY, JULY 6, 2011
- 4 Questions to Assess Your Progress ENGAGING BRAND | WEDNESDAY, JULY 6, 2011
- Facebook Announces Video Calling – Will it Be Enough? CHRIS BROGAN | WEDNESDAY, JULY 6, 2011
- Cartoon of the day JEFF ESPOSITO | WEDNESDAY, JULY 6, 2011
Social Media Informer can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.