| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | FRESHNETWORKS
JULY 29, 2011 [Drupal, Joomla] 12 community platforms: a list in development
Drupal – Drupal open source content management system can be used for everything from personal blogs to enterprise applications. Joomla – Open source and one of the most widely used, with an extensive existing community. There are a lot of community platforms on the market today and we thought it would be useful to collate a complete list of them. link]. Tweet This!
| || |
| || || |
| | IDACONCPTS
AUGUST 25, 2010 [Drupal, Joomla] Open Source Web Management and Design Tools
Joomla – PHP/SQL, runs on Linux and Windows servers. Drupal – PHP/SQL. Everything a web designer needs for free: Designing and managing a website need not be an expensive affair. There are several useful free and open source applications available for download that allow you to do everything from designing the graphics for your site to editing blog posts. PHP/SQL. Python.
| | BILL HARTZER
FEBRUARY 26, 2010 [Drupal, Joomla] Joomla! Surpasses 15 Million Downloads
OSM), the not-for-profit organization that supports the Joomla! Project , today announced that Joomla!, “February has been an exciting month for OSM and the Joomla! reached 15 million downloads, said Elin Waring, President of Open Source Maters, part of the Joomla! “Back in June 2009, Joomla! Joomla! Joomla! Other notable JoomlaCode downloads surrounding the Joomla! million downloads), Joomla! In 2010 we look forward to helping the community tackle some major agenda items, such as a new release of Joomla!
| | LAUREL PAPWORTH
OCTOBER 26, 2009 [Drupal, Joomla] Donations as Revenue: Social Media Business Podcast
Drupal , Joomla , and LAMP - Linux, Apache, MySQL and Perl/PHP/Python are also mentioned as examples of donation social economies. Episode 2 of monetizing online communities looks at donations – an overlooked revenue stream and the social media tools that enable donations online. Currency has no inherent value itself – only what we, the community, say it’s worth.
| | FEVER BEE
DECEMBER 1, 2011 [Drupal, Joomla] The Case Against Facebook As A Community Platform
dedicated community builder using a community-based platform (Drupal, Joomla, VBulletin, PHPBB, Pluck, Ning, BuddyPress, Teligent, Lithium, Jive etc.) People get upset when you claim Facebook is a bad community platform. But the case is compelling. Lets look at some figures. Of Coca-Cola's 34 million fans, only 56,000 are active (0.2 percent of the total). Disney's engagement is.03 percent; Starbucks, often lauded as a social media leader, is 1.3 percent; and McDonald's doesn't register (only about 3,900 fans can be considered active).
| || || || |
AGGREGAGE BLOG [Drupal, Joomla] Marketing via Aggregation, Filtering and Curation – Tools and Resources
| MONDAY, JANUARY 31, 2011
. Great picture and post on the Information Overload Paradox : The post talks about the issue of overload: I can certainly consume more content than I could two decades ago, but no matter how much content is available, I can’t consume much more. And relative to the sheer volume of content available to me, I’m actually consuming a smaller percentage every day. Let’s assume that you believe that to be true and you want to essentially become a publisher of the best content focused on a specific topic. How do you do it and what tools are available to you? Aggregation. MORE >>
JANET FOUTS [Drupal, Joomla] Scribe SEO for Wordpress
| FRIDAY, JULY 9, 2010
You can also use Scribe with other types of sites and here are videos for Scribe for Joomla
, and Scribe for Drupal
too. I thought I knew quite a bit about search engine optimization until I found this nifty new tool called Scribe. Even though I optimize sites for search engines as part of my daily duties, it can be tedious and there is always more to learn. Unless you do this for a living it’s probably not the central part of your day now is it? So how do you learn SEO techniques and see how it relates to your own content online? That’s where Scribe comes in. MORE >>
LAUREL PAPWORTH [Drupal, Joomla] Enterprise 2.0: social scorecard and social media karma
| WEDNESDAY, JUNE 16, 2010
ZevenSeas and Sharepoint: What Dan showed us, in prototype was a module – or whatever Sharepoint calls plugins (Wordpress) and components (Joomla
!) – which allowed Leaders to set badge names and criteria for meeting that badge. Joomla
(as used by Whitehouse) has a bunch of social scorecards – if you are considering running your intranet on Atrium, a possible addon? Rewarding badges and points systems on your intranet – social scorecards – could be the turning point for turning your enterprise 2.0 The Game of Work. agenda. cough cough*. MORE >>
- [Drupal, Joomla] How Many Ways Can You Design A Website?
There are open source systems like Joomla
, WordPress, and Drupal
. There’s not just one way to design a website. Every website is different. In fact, today there are so many different platforms to use for building websites that no two web developers will agree on the best one. Many website designers and developers still prefer to use HTML. Though, most of them are still using HTML 4 in the midst of a massive revolution toward HTML 5. Still others prefer to use a content management system. There are of course many content management systems. Of course not. Probably for good. MORE >>
IDACONCPTS [Drupal, Joomla] The Lowdown on Making Your Site Mobile-Friendly
| THURSDAY, APRIL 26, 2012
If you are using content management systems like WordPress and Drupal
, you may also want to try out some of the plug-ins that have been developed that create a mobile-friendly version of your website. Some of the plug-ins and tools that are available include WPtouch, WordPress Mobile Edition, Wptap, and for Drupal
there is the Mobile Plugin for Drupal
as well as OSMOBI, which also works with Joomla
. It has been easy until recently to ignore the concept of mobile browsing as it did not impact a significant portion of the traffic on the internet. Using CSS. MORE >>
- [Drupal, Joomla] There's no future in SEO COLIN ALSHEIMER | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 16, 2009
- [Drupal, Joomla] 9 Mobile Tools For Bloggers Constantly on the Move SOSHABLE | FRIDAY, JULY 12, 2013
- [Drupal, Joomla] Opinion: 10 reasons why we recommend Blogger instead of. BLOGGER XPERTISE | TUESDAY, AUGUST 14, 2012
- [Drupal, Joomla] What Blog Platform Do You Use Most? [POLL] PROBLOGGER | SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 13, 2011
- [Drupal, Joomla] Publishing Content Beyond Your Blog SMALL BUSINESS MAVERICKS | SATURDAY, MARCH 17, 2012
- [Drupal, Joomla] WordPress Plugins that Make Your Blog Comments Social PROBLOGGER | TUESDAY, JULY 12, 2011
- [Drupal, Joomla] HOW TO: Activate Your Brand's Super Influencers MASHABLE.COM | FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 12, 2010
- [Drupal, Joomla] Facebook, Schmacebook – What About the Users? KYLE LACY | FRIDAY, JANUARY 14, 2011
- [Drupal, Joomla] Scribe SEO Deal Closes November 5 PROBLOGGER | WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 2010
- [Drupal, Joomla] 70+ Resources on How to Start a WordPress Blog KIKOLANI | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 21, 2011
- [Drupal, Joomla] Why Livefyre Is The Best Blog Comment System Evah WAXING UNLYRICAL | FRIDAY, MARCH 4, 2011
- [Drupal, Joomla] Scribe 3.0 Launched Today PROBLOGGER | WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2010
- [Drupal, Joomla] Fetching Friday – Resources Mashup, ASW11 & Productivity Systems KIKOLANI | FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 5, 2010
- [Drupal, Joomla] The State of the Blog Sales Market: Interview with Andrew Knibbe of Flippa PROBLOGGER | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 19, 2013
- [Drupal, Joomla] $1M Case Study: My CMS & Content Strategy VIPER CHILL | WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 27, 2010
- [Drupal, Joomla] The Ultimate Resource for Successful Small Business Websites SAMIR BALWANI | TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 16, 2010
- [Drupal, Joomla] WordPress News STEPHEN P SMITH | WEDNESDAY, JULY 28, 2010
- [Drupal, Joomla] WordPress News STEPHEN P SMITH | WEDNESDAY, JULY 28, 2010
- [Drupal, Joomla] Sizing Up the Social Media Software Market « Social Media Musings by Tom Humbarger TOMHUMBARGER.WORDPRESS.COM | TUESDAY, JUNE 16, 2009
Social Media Informer can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.