article thumbnail

Twitter for Business: Is It Time?

Webbiquity SMM

Of the top 500 people in event marketing per BizBash magazine (a group that should definitely be social media active), just 119 —less than a quarter—even have a Twitter account, and many of those are inactive. prohibiting the use of profanity) and community enforced. But it’s not. ” Meaningful ratings: The ?

Twitter 228
article thumbnail

Use Forums to Boost Your Blog’s Value

ProBlogger

I’ll answer that question with another one: do you think of your blog as a publishing platform with occasional interaction, or a full-blown community? Consider the potential of integrating forums into your website. Working with an online community development expert, Heather integrated a Q&A forum into her website.

Forums 39
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

Welcoming New Members to your Online Community

Laurel Papworth

The early days when someone first joins are when habits, tone and value of the community culture, loyalty and stickiness are going to be set. While I think this is the best online community signup ever, there’s more that you can do to make it easy for Visitors to move to Newcomers in the social network membership cycle.

article thumbnail

Grow Your Wiki

Buzz Marketing for Technology

online communities. International Forum on Enterprise 2.0: International Forum on Enterprise 2.0 Social Enterprise: Interview with 7thFloor Magazine. The current issue of 7thFloor , an italian business magazine, includes an interview with the speakers from the International Forum on Enterprise 2.0.

Wiki 223
article thumbnail

2010 Review: SocialFish clients and work

SocialFish

We helped them experiment with a private whitelabel community for their members. Omnipress/Engage365 –Omnipress came to us in 2009 with an idea for starting an online community for event professionals who want to talk social media. We helped them launch and build Engage365 into a thriving online community. FORUM magazine.

Review 160
article thumbnail

Shedding Light on Black PR

Waxing UnLyrical

Basically, the Yage gang started out by getting offending posts removed from, say, Baidu Tieba (essentially a humungous collection of online forums), simply by reporting them to whoever was in charge at BT. area, she loves helping for- and non-profit clients, both small and large, turn corporate codswallop into community cool™.

article thumbnail

Event: Australian Institute of Company Directors AICD social media

Laurel Papworth

I’m heading over to New Zealand from 12th to 15th May 2010 to participate in social media forum at the Australian Institute of Company Directors Annual Conference. 10.00am – 12.00pm FORUM B: The Commercial Benefits of Today’s Social Networking Platforms. By the way, my article in the AICD magazine. Speaker TBC.