| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | JANET FOUTS
JULY 5, 2011 Google+ Tips and Tricks
comment on your posts go to your phone. If you get one for every time anybody comments it will drive you bats. Click on a photo to edit who gets to see it, tags, captions, moderate comments and even some limited photo editing capabilities ala Picassa. You can disable comments or re shares, but only after the post is added. Return or Enter Start a comment. Google+.
| | JANET FOUTS
AUGUST 3, 2011 How to Participate in a Tweet Chat
Feel free to share tweets from within the chat with your network, perhaps by re-tweeting or with comments, but don’t forget to use the hashtag so people can follow along. If you have enough space in the tweet to share their post and comment too great, but if there isn’t you can re-tweet their comment intact and then @mention them with your feedback and be sure to use the hashtag.
| || || |
| | JANET FOUTS
JANUARY 21, 2013 Optimizing Facebook Pages for Graph Search?
You want them to like you, comment on your content and share it with your friends. It’s going to help you make the most of your Facebook page, get better engagement and be ready to show up in Graph Search as much as possible with positive comments, photos and shares. It’s all the buzz right now, and Facebook is slowly letting users see what the fuss is all about.
| | JANET FOUTS
JANUARY 29, 2013 Linkedin Replaces Applications With Features
Check out what you can add to yours , and share a link to your spiffed up profile in the comments. Long time power users of Linkedin have been using Linkedin Applications to enhance their profiles with deeper information and sharing opportunities. Now some of those applications are being replaced and the site is slowly moving accounts to the new system. Legal Updates by JD Supra. Show off!
| | JANET FOUTS
MARCH 6, 2013 Putting Instagram events to work for your business
Respond to comments and questions. In addition, commenting on a photo and having more interaction on it will increase the potential for that post to make it to the coveted “explore” tab within Instagram. Share them in the comments for us to learn from! Why does Instagram work so well? Because we humans are most inspired by visuals. The win. Comodo . The win. Jaguar.
| | JANET FOUTS
JUNE 11, 2012 8 strategies for Pinterest for business
Here’s a recording of a webinar I did for Thirsty Girl to get you started, and if you still have burning questions about using Pinterest for business, post them in the comments below. Pinterest has become a running joke to many. It’s not about you. You don’t need to be blatant about what you offer your customers. Be subtle. Best example? Oreck on Pinterest. Everybody loves a story.
| || || || |
JANET FOUTS 14 step bare-bones guide to influencer outreach
| MONDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2012
Do they get comments
and do people share their content through social media? Lots of people will tell you ”Social Media Influencers” are the key to social media marketing but what does that really mean? Is influence based on number of connections? Klout , Peer Index or Kred score? combination of all of the above? How do you identify them and what do you do with that information once you think you know who they are? The short answer is all and none of the above. Visit a search site like SocialMention.com and enter your key topics, one at a time. Retweet a few things? MORE >>
JANET FOUTS Wait, Facebook is MySpace?
| WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 21, 2011
If a lot of your friends have shared, commented
or liked a story, or if you are particularly close to theperson, then it’s a top story for you. Facebook is showing off a brand new look and as usual everybody’s in a snit about it. Honestly, it amazes me that they seem to do their re-designs in a total vacuum. Any web developer knows the first rule of web design is to listen to what the client wants, collect their feedback and do a needs assessment. Personally I think they’re shooting themselves in the foot again and it’s a mistake for Facebook to chase Google Plus. MORE >>
JANET FOUTS NEVER Feed the Trolls
| TUESDAY, OCTOBER 12, 2010
There’s a saying in social media that goes something like this “You know you’ve “arrived when you’ve got trolls commenting
on your work. But when you think about it if you are so boring that you don’t have a big following or comments
you’re not good troll bait right? It’s true, the more connections you have on social media networks the more likely someone will disagree with you. Now, just disagreeing doesn’t make somebody a troll though. Trolls are a special breed. They play off anything you say in response. You decide. MORE >>
JANET FOUTS How to get your content shared on Google+
| THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 17, 2011
Guy Kawasaki, Britney Spears, the Dalai Lama are some of the most re-shared and commented
people on Google +. Sure Google+ can be a powerful tool to share your message with, but this network is in it’s infancy, and with millions of users your message can be left largely unheard unless you have created circles who care about what you have to say and will share it with their own circles and help you get the word out. What you need to do is dig for people who are sharing a lot, get re-shared often and maintain a level of interest in what you want to talk about. Ripples. CircleCount. MORE >>
JANET FOUTS Are Google+ Business Pages Replacing Facebook Pages?
| THURSDAY, JANUARY 19, 2012
Post URLs here with a short comment
or two. I speak a lot about Google+ as a tool for business. In fact I’ve just written a book called “ Google+ for Business Tweet ” and I’m presenting a second Focus.com Roundtable in February. So you might think my position would be that Google+ is the be-all end-all social media network for business and people should be pitching their blogs and Facebook pages out the window in favor of Google+. And there you’d be mistaken. Here’s the thing. No way. User interface editing abilities. Notifications. Customer support. MORE >>
- App dot net- It’s not Twitter JANET FOUTS | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 2, 2012
- Don’t be a Pest with “This Social Media Stuff” JANET FOUTS | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 16, 2012
- 8 Must-Have Apps for Your Mobile/Social Business JANET FOUTS | TUESDAY, JANUARY 1, 2013
- Why are you following me? JANET FOUTS | THURSDAY, JUNE 2, 2011
- Succuessful Social Media Engagement Requires Generosity JANET FOUTS | FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 12, 2010
- 3 Reasons Your Facebook Page Seems to Suck Right Now JANET FOUTS | MONDAY, OCTOBER 8, 2012
- What was the most important thing you learned about social media this year? JANET FOUTS | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 14, 2010
- The Art of the Retweet JANET FOUTS | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2011
- Social Media for the Busy Sales Person JANET FOUTS | MONDAY, JANUARY 14, 2013
- Have we got our head in the clouds about the value of online community? JANET FOUTS | TUESDAY, JANUARY 4, 2011
- QR Codes – Inexpensive Fundraising for NPTech? JANET FOUTS | TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 23, 2010
- Social Media–What Do I Do With All This Data? JANET FOUTS | MONDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2010
- Getting real engagement on your Facebook page JANET FOUTS | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 18, 2012
- What’s the right balance of personal and professional in social media? JANET FOUTS | WEDNESDAY, MAY 11, 2011
- Making Google+ Worth Your Time JANET FOUTS | WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 1, 2012
- How does your brand look on social media? JANET FOUTS | THURSDAY, JANUARY 27, 2011
- 5 Top Social Media Professionals on Google+ JANET FOUTS | WEDNESDAY, MAY 30, 2012
- Does Social Media Mean You’ll Never Have to Cold Call Again? JANET FOUTS | SUNDAY, JANUARY 16, 2011
- Twitter for Lawyers JANET FOUTS | THURSDAY, JUNE 23, 2011
- Social Media Doesn’t Make Sales – People Do JANET FOUTS | WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2012
- Break down bloggers block JANET FOUTS | WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 8, 2010
- Are You an Irregular Blogger? JANET FOUTS | MONDAY, JULY 19, 2010
- Bloggers you should read…too JANET FOUTS | FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 17, 2010
- One True Fan? JANET FOUTS | MONDAY, JANUARY 31, 2011
- 9 Ways to be more visible in social media JANET FOUTS | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 23, 2011
- Should you start a Google+ page for your business? JANET FOUTS | FRIDAY, DECEMBER 2, 2011
- Facebook just got better (at least for admins) JANET FOUTS | FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 11, 2011
- Google+ Communities Yay or Wait and See? JANET FOUTS | SUNDAY, DECEMBER 9, 2012
- 3 Social Media Horror Stories JANET FOUTS | MONDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2011
- Book Review and Giveaway- The Commitment Engine by John Jantsch JANET FOUTS | SATURDAY, DECEMBER 1, 2012
- Fast Company Pulls a Fast One JANET FOUTS | TUESDAY, JULY 6, 2010
- PR 101- Reaching Out to Bloggers JANET FOUTS | FRIDAY, JULY 2, 2010
- Do you syndicate your blog? JANET FOUTS | WEDNESDAY, JUNE 8, 2011
- Social Media -YOU gotta do it JANET FOUTS | TUESDAY, JULY 19, 2011
- Need a little Social Discipline? JANET FOUTS | FRIDAY, DECEMBER 30, 2011
- A lesson in social media management for PR JANET FOUTS | WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 10, 2011
- Google Plus and personal privacy JANET FOUTS | SUNDAY, AUGUST 28, 2011
- How are you going to change the world in 2012? JANET FOUTS | TUESDAY, JANUARY 3, 2012
- Could a lot of fans hurt your Facebook page? JANET FOUTS | TUESDAY, JUNE 28, 2011
- Why aren’t there more women in open source (and what are you gonna do about it?) JANET FOUTS | FRIDAY, MARCH 25, 2011
Social Media Informer can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.