| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | DAVE FLEET
JULY 26, 2010 57 Social Media Policy Examples and Resources
thanks for the suggestions in the comments!). Comment Policy. Over time I’ve found myself doing more and more foundational work for organizations looking to dip their toes into social media. One of the key elements of this work, in my opinion, is creating a social media policy that fits well with the organization’s goals, culture and risk tolerance. But where to start? As it happens, lots of organizations publish their social media guidelines online, ready for you to review and use yourself. Social Media Policies and Guidelines. Source. Resource. American Express Open Forum.
| | DAVE FLEET
FEBRUARY 2, 2011 25 Suggestions For How To Use Twitter
Let me know what you’d add in the comments below! Twitter sent an email around to users yesterday, giving four suggestions for getting the most out of Twitter in 2011: Follow your interests: Follow the people who share your passions. Get specific: Follow your favourite leagues, teams, players, writers etc. Four suggestions seems a little thin to me. See who else is around.
| || || |
| | DAVE FLEET
NOVEMBER 22, 2010 5 Steps to Thinking More Socially About Communications
When you comment on a blog post, subscribe to the comment stream so you can see if anyone posts follow-up questions. Tweet Like it or not, “digital” is becoming a part of more and more marketers’ jobs. Here are five ways to begin to shift your thinking from traditional communications to social communications. Think “inbound” alongside “outbound”. Nowadays, the rifle can work.
| | DAVE FLEET
MARCH 8, 2011 How To Engage On Sites Using Facebook’s New Commenting Plugin
Facebook recently introduced a new version of its Facebook Comment Box Plugin , allowing website owners to integrate their commenting functionality with their Facebook presence. We’ve already looked at the pros and cons of the Facebook commenting plugin for businesses considering implementing the plugin on their sites. Let us all know what you think in the comments below.
| | DAVE FLEET
JULY 5, 2010 Sysomos Acquired By Marketwire
First reported by the Startup North blog , the news was later confirmed by Sysomos, although their blog comment and tweet have both since been deleted. So, while this is still – for now – a rumour, given that these confirmations were initially posted by the company (I saw the blog comment before its removal), I’m inclined to believe the reports and that a formal announcement is imminent. Indeed, analysts like Altimeter’s Jeremiah Owyang have been commenting on the consolidation trend for a while. Company. Acquired by. Techrigy. Alterian. July 2009.
| | DAVE FLEET
JANUARY 4, 2011 10 Social Media Lessons From Home Improvement
came up with ten – let me know what you think of them in the comments: 1. People will judge your social media activities in a similar way – by the content of a tweet, a personal support issue, the wording of a comment or the like. In a brief moment of downtime, I started thinking about the social media lessons you can learn from the process of renovating a house.
| || || || |
DAVE FLEET Why Share of Voice is a Useless PR Metric
| TUESDAY, MAY 24, 2011
or angry tweets below, or to @theelusivefish. This is a guest post by my Edelman colleague Rob Clark. Sometimes you say a word too many times in a row and the word slowly begins to lose meaning for yourself. It becomes foreign gibberish and you begin to wonder if you’re pronouncing this thing correctly or if it was ever really a word at all. Which is all to say that I’ve been giving a lot of thought lately to share of voice (SOV) and I may have passed the threshold where it ceases to hold meaning. Why do we measure? Let’s say that our client is Widget co. MORE >>
DAVE FLEET Return On Influence Can Return From Whence It Came
| WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2011
There are so many holes in the post, it’s hard to know where to begin (fortunately, Olivier Blanchard and Katie Paine did, in the comments
). Tweet. The Harvard Business Review recently published a post entitled “ Return on Influence, the New ROI “ In it, the author suggested that marketers consider the use of “Return on Influence” as a metric for measuring social media activity. What is this metric, you ask? To ” There you have it – your “new” ROI – return on influence. Really? My head hurts. ROI has a formula. ” they cry. MORE >>
DAVE FLEET Facebook Strategies: Content Over Creative
| FRIDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2010
on his clients’ status updates come from peoples’ newsfeeds, not from the pages themselves. Tweet Are you focusing your Facebook investment in the right place? The immensely smart Jay Baer directed my attention to research conducted by Jeff Widman of Brand Glue , who found that 99.5% Interesting, right? As Jay notes, this means that a lot of effort which is expended on customizing fan pages on Facebook is, frankly, wasted. The first time that people come to your page is absolutely the most critical. The continued rise of Facebook community managers. 3:00 p.m. MORE >>
DAVE FLEET Facebook Commenting Platform: Pros and Cons For Businesses
| WEDNESDAY, MARCH 2, 2011
Facebook has announced a new version of its Comments
Box plugin – its social plugin that enables Facebook-connected commenting
on a website. Facebook’s Comment
Box plugin. Among the features Facebook has revealed: Social relevance – the new plugin uses what Facebook calls “social signals to prioritize comments
on posts. Comments
from people in your social graph, highly-liked comments
and active threads rise to the top; those flagged as spam fall to the bottom. Comments
then stay sync’d between the two sites. MORE >>
DAVE FLEET From One to a Million: Managing Social Media at Scale
| THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 28, 2013
I’d love to know what you think, though – let me know in the comments
below. Tweet. What if you had to re-examine your assumptions around social media? What if, instead of thinking about conversations in ones and twos, you had to think about them in thousands and tens of thousands? What if you had to manage dozens or hundreds of properties, and millions of fans? What would change? Last weekend I presented a session at PodCamp Toronto entitled “From One to a Million: Managing Social Media at Scale.” Key points from the presentation: 1. MORE >>
- Two Ways To Quickly Improve Your Communications Plans DAVE FLEET | MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 19, 2011
- Where does content fit in Facebook’s new marketing model? DAVE FLEET | MONDAY, MARCH 5, 2012
- Lies, Damned Lies and Mis-understood Statistics DAVE FLEET | WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 21, 2011
- Disclosure And Facebook’s Social Plugin DAVE FLEET | TUESDAY, MARCH 22, 2011
- Is “Social Media” Hurting Social Media? DAVE FLEET | THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 2, 2010
- Why Paying Bloggers For Posts Changes The Game DAVE FLEET | THURSDAY, DECEMBER 2, 2010
- The Biggest Challenge Digital Communicators Face DAVE FLEET | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 14, 2010
- Cooks Source: How to Avoid an Unnecessary Crisis DAVE FLEET | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2010
- 50 Great Apps for Your iPad DAVE FLEET | MONDAY, JULY 12, 2010
- Writing – Critical For Communicators, But It’s Not Everything DAVE FLEET | WEDNESDAY, JULY 28, 2010
- Three Forces Driving Social Customer Support DAVE FLEET | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 13, 2011
- Startups: No, You Don’t Need To Hire A Social Media Experts DAVE FLEET | THURSDAY, JUNE 16, 2011
- Armchair Quarterbacks: Don’t Be That Troll DAVE FLEET | MONDAY, JUNE 27, 2011
- Criticism is Good DAVE FLEET | TUESDAY, JUNE 28, 2011
- Book Review: The Social Media Strategist DAVE FLEET | MONDAY, APRIL 9, 2012
- Thoughts on Boston DAVE FLEET | TUESDAY, APRIL 16, 2013
- Video: Thoughts on Social CRM for Small Businesses DAVE FLEET | WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 14, 2011
- Altimeter Report Provides Facebook Page Guidelines, Benchmarks DAVE FLEET | WEDNESDAY, JULY 28, 2010
- Compete Responds To Criticism DAVE FLEET | WEDNESDAY, MAY 25, 2011
- Win A Ticket To The Art Of Marketing Conference DAVE FLEET | FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 18, 2011
- Monday Morning Reads: TweetDeck, Black Hat SEO, Facebook Pages DAVE FLEET | MONDAY, FEBRUARY 14, 2011
- Win a Ticket to The Art of Management in Toronto DAVE FLEET | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 28, 2010
- Weekly Reads: Facebook, Marketing Trends and Social Media’s Effect on Stereotypes DAVE FLEET | MONDAY, FEBRUARY 7, 2011
Social Media Informer can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.