| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | SMALL BUSINESS MAVERICKS
JANUARY 29, 2012 Google+ Growing With The Times – Are You Badged Yet?
These changes include: the ability to configure a badge to a suitable width. changing the background color of a widget to match your page’s color. including a widget that displays your Google+ profile’s circle count. As a marketing tool, website owners have nothing to lose by including a badge on their sites. According to an article on WebProNews, some businesses are receiving a 30% increase in followers simply because of the widget. Google+ looks to be one widget that’s here for the long run – are you badged yet?
| | JEFF ESPOSITO
MAY 4, 2011 MLB Introduces Social Layer to Online Viewing
Similar to collecting badges for check-ins, people logged into the Gameday platform can receive virtual tokens of players. In addition to the game within a game, you can keep track of the game’s running dialogue via the Twitter widget. social media Badging MLBBaseball is America’s sport – no matter how boring or long it may seem at times, we are drawn to the sport in some way shape or form. like listening to baseball over the radio as it paints a picture and you can have it on in the background. It was cool but it lacked a hook to keeping you coming back day after day.
| || || |
| | KYLE LACY
DECEMBER 7, 2010 7 Reasons Why Social Landing Pages Increase Business
This often comes in the form of testimonials, but can also come in the form of a social widget. Social widgets on the landing page, such as a Facebook ‘Like’ box or a Twitter badge, can be used to display social proof and help increase conversions (the number of people who end up on your landing page and then go on to become customers or leads). Creating Social Landing Pages.
| | PAUL GILLIN
APRIL 13, 2011 How to Promote an Event with Social Media
Make it easy: Create suggested messages for them to use in each medium (For example, “Come see the latest in Acme widgets. Create an event badge (right) that speakers can embed in their blog sidebars or on their websites. All you have to do is give each badge-holder a unique registration code to promote and track who sends you customers. Events of all sizes. AcmeForums).
| | CONVERSTATIONS
SEPTEMBER 6, 2010 64 Different Kinds of Blog Posts to Keep Your Writing Fresh
Badges & Honors - Consider your field of expertise and give out "badges" to others in your field. Two examples are Liz Strauss' SOB badges , and most recently, Jade Handy's Language Hacker Awards are shining examples. Try to include a widget or link that makes it easy for your readers to register. There are probably more (and chime in with your favorites), but here are 64 different types of business blog posts you can use to keep your blog, your writing, and your imagination fresh: Acronyms - Even if you don't like acronyms, know that most readers do like them.
| | SPIN SUCKS
OCTOBER 4, 2012 Are Blog Subscribers the Only Success Metric?
Some of what transpired on that roadway to earn a katrillion subscribers may have included these mile markers: Deploying the latest bells, whistles, widgets, and plugins to spiff up the house and make it attractive and enticing. Applying for ranking with the Ad Age Power 150 to get that awesome badge in the sidebar of your blog. Today’s guest post is by Jayme Soulati .
| || || || |
NOWSOURCING Spring Cleaning for Your Blog (Yes, I Know it’s Winter)
| TUESDAY, DECEMBER 4, 2007
Skellie had a wonderful visual for the usability impaired representing the real value of simplicity on your blog: That being said, here are some ideas on how to clean up your blog: 1 – Kill the badge
clutter. Only put out the badges
that are really relevant that you’d like the user to invoke some action on. For example, I killed the Blogrush widget
(which they suspended my account for), since it was not driving any real traffic to speak of, and it did not enhance user experience. Do you hate that cluttered feeling? Me too. Otherwise, my creativity feels stifled. MORE >>
ADAM SHERK Link Building Tactics for Publishers
| TUESDAY, MAY 14, 2013
. Utilizing various forms of widgets
is a tactic more often used by other types of businesses, but it is applicable to publishers too. For example the BBC’s GoodFood offers a content widget
that users can embed on their sites: From an SEO perspective, the main thing with widgets
is being very careful to avoid things that could get you in trouble, such as including hidden links or requiring the display of a text link with specifically optimized anchor text. Recommended Tactics. Link reclamation. MORE >>
JANET FOUTS Creating Google Plus Business Pages
| MONDAY, NOVEMBER 7, 2011
You can grab the G+ Widget
from the right side of the page when you create your page or create your own with your Gplus avatar and a link to your new page. Once you leave this page, just click “Get Started” under your avatar and you’ll find a place to create a custom badge
for your website as well as some good advice from Google about making the most of your page. Everybody’s been arguing over the value of Google Plus lately. Some say it’s only for geeks and others say it’s a waste of time. How could we resist? How do I create a page? Not yet. MORE >>
JACOB MORGAN What Are You Interested In? (Vote)
| WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 17, 2010
I embedded a polling widget
for you to vote on what you want to see more of on this site. Social Media Globetrotter Home Consulting Speaking Travel Blog About SOCIAL MEDIA GLOBETROTTER What Are You Interested In? Vote) View Comments February 17th, 2010 I’ve been covering a lot of topics on this site and I realized that I really should be taking more advantage of polling you, the readers, to find out what you want to read about and discuss. The three options are pretty broad but I just want to get a general understanding of which direction to head in. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. MORE >>
PAMORAMA Social Media From A to Z: A Glossary
| WEDNESDAY, JUNE 30, 2010
Possibilities include sharing content with direct links to files and folders, turning any folder into a public Web page in one click, and creating widgets
to share files on a company Web page or blog. Users “check-in at venues using a mobile Web site, text messaging, or a device-specific application — they’re then awarded points and sometimes “badges
: A widget
is an element of a graphical user interface that displays an information arrangement changeable by the user, such as a window or text box. But never fear! Bit.ly : Bit.ly MORE >>
- 22 Twitter revenue streams – monetizing tweets LAUREL PAPWORTH | TUESDAY, APRIL 13, 2010
- I Will Not Write About Old Spice ADAM COHEN | FRIDAY, JULY 16, 2010
- Blogs and Social Media Integration Tips: Buttons SOSHABLE | MONDAY, FEBRUARY 28, 2011
- 78 (of the) Best Social Media Marketing Tips, Guides, Tools and Strategies of 2010 (So Far) WEBBIQUITY SMM | MONDAY, AUGUST 16, 2010
- Social Media Chat Tuesday, July 21st ADAM COHEN | MONDAY, JULY 19, 2010
- Social Sharing Buttons in Single Post Templates KIKOLANI | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 9, 2011
- Freemium Revenues: Social Media Business Podcast LAUREL PAPWORTH | SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 22, 2009
- Twitter and Blogging, Tips and Tools SOSHABLE | SUNDAY, JUNE 14, 2009
- 10 Reasons Market Research is Critical to Social Media ADAM COHEN | MONDAY, JULY 12, 2010
- 7 Tips for Effective Marketing with Twitter TWITIP | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 18, 2010
- Top 20 Twitip Twitter Tips of All Time! TWITIP | THURSDAY, JULY 1, 2010
- 27 ½ ways how to become a social media expert rockstar ninja in 2011 SOCIAL WAYNE | MONDAY, JANUARY 10, 2011
- 100 Personal Branding Tactics Using Social Media | chrisbrogan.com BUZZ MARKETING FOR TECHNOLOGY | FRIDAY, JUNE 27, 2008
- OneTrueFan Shifts Horizontal Network to Horizontal Bar LOUIS GRAY | MONDAY, MAY 2, 2011
- The truth in online health communities ONLINE COMMUNITY STRATEGIST | TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 2, 2010
- Radian6 improvements – Here’s What we waited for – Finally Here! WEB METRICS GURU | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2010
- 9 Elements of the Perfect Post PROBLOGGER | WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 12, 2012
- Could Google Wave Be One Of The Many Social Media Networking Sites SOCIAL MEDIA NETWORK MARKETING | TUESDAY, AUGUST 17, 2010
- How to Systematically Build a Mountain of Links PROBLOGGER | MONDAY, FEBRUARY 13, 2012
- Social Media a CRM perspective SOCIAL MEDIA NETWORK MARKETING | MONDAY, MAY 31, 2010
- Linkedin Sales Navigator: A Beacon Or A Bust? SOCIALNOMICS | THURSDAY, APRIL 18, 2013
- Value Your Blog Real Estate CHRIS BROGAN | TUESDAY, AUGUST 3, 2010
- How My Old Blog Post Got Half a Million Pinterest Views [Case Study] PROBLOGGER | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 6, 2013
- Measuring Social Media ROI & Goal Conversions with Google Analytics 5 UNBOUNCE.COM | THURSDAY, AUGUST 4, 2011
- Koka Sexton dot Com KOKA SEXTON | THURSDAY, JANUARY 8, 2009
- Jumping Over a Mountain | chrisbrogan.com BUZZ MARKETING FOR TECHNOLOGY | FRIDAY, JUNE 27, 2008
- From Design Thinking to Game Thinking | Gauravonomics Blog For. GAURAVONOMICS | THURSDAY, AUGUST 5, 2010
- Will Instagram become the next big mobile social network or just one awesome photo sharing app? SOCIAL WAYNE | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 29, 2010
- Content vs. Community: How Online Publishers Can Nurture Both MASHABLE.COM | SATURDAY, AUGUST 20, 2011
- Spring Cleaning for Your Blog (Yes, I Know it’s Winter) NOWSOURCING | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 4, 2007
- Blog Design for ROI Rule #6: KISS Headers, Navigation, and Sidebars PROBLOGGER | MONDAY, JANUARY 7, 2013
- My Thoughts on the Social CRM (SCRM) Panel at Social Media Club JACOB MORGAN | FRIDAY, MAY 21, 2010
- How I Achieved Blogging Success In 30 Days WWW.BIZCHICKBLOGS.COM | TUESDAY, JANUARY 4, 2011
- 13 Reasons Why I Am an Obsessive Compulsive Facebook User Â? TECHIPEDIA: TAMAR WEINBERG | FRIDAY, JULY 2, 2010
- 10 Ways to Support Charity Through Social Media JUSTIN LEVY | TUESDAY, JULY 14, 2009
- MyConservatives.com – strategy and thinking “borrowed” from BO DIGIGEN | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 2, 2009
- Social Media Puts F-U-N In Non Profit Fund Raising DIVA MARKETING BLOG | WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 14, 2009
Social Media Informer can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.