article thumbnail

Top 10 Search Engine Optmization Blunders of 2011

Bill Hartzer

This year, though, I thought that I would come up with a new list, the Top 10 Search Engine Optimization Blunders of 2011. I cannot possibly forget Robert Scoble’s apology to the SEO community as a whole, saying that he was wrong. I am listing this as the number one blunder of 2011 since this affected not just Overstock.com.

article thumbnail

What vertical networks mean for the future of social media

Sprout Social

Vertical social networks are niche social media platforms centered around the interests of hyper-specific communities. This trend is a callback to social media ancestors—think forums and chat rooms—with a much more modern look. Since launching in 2011, Nextdoor has expanded its presence into more than 285,000 neighborhoods globally.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

4 Old-Fashioned IM Strategies That Still Work

Small Business Mavericks

It’s interesting to note, however, that what worked in 1992 still can work in 2011. Now, in 2011, article marketing is still a powerhouse despite the Panda update. Forum Marketing – OK, I’m being a little bit misleading here. Today’s forums are 1991s bulletin boards. Start an e-mail newsletter.

Fashion 161
article thumbnail

Facebook talks like a pirate. Movember and online community rituals

Laurel Papworth

Ahoy Me Hearties: One of the tasks our online community managers undertake with clients (PR or Marketing agencies, or companies) is to build out a Social Media Conversation Diary – a list of tasks and engagement activities to keep online community members entertained and loyal. Talk Like A Pirate Day and Online Community.

article thumbnail

Sony online communities hacked

Laurel Papworth

Playstation and other online communities have been hacked. on 02-04-2011 01:08 PM. Odd that Sony didnt remove it from the Playstation forum – transcribed from hacker webpage. If you are the community host YOU are responsible for protecting members online. Probably millions of credit cards stolen. PR crisis anyone?

article thumbnail

10 Inspiring Examples of Amazing Brand Communities

Social Media Strategies Summit

Building a brand community isn’t about improving vanity metrics like engagement and follower count. According to a survey from Vanilla Forums , 58% of brands say their communities improve customer loyalty. So how has the company managed to build an engaged brand community ? Image source. million members today.

Examples 231
article thumbnail

4 Social Media Marketing Events You Won’t Want to Miss

Convince & Convert

This event is held by the Ohio Small Business Development Center at Columbus State Community College. In recent years Jay Baer set the bar with his co-author Amber Naslund in 2011. Social Brand Forum 2013. Gini and Paul Evans made 2012 absolutely stellar. October 24-25, 2013, Coralville, Iowa.

Eventful 127